(FE5) Draft

Psych

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have done it much quicker if I had access to Lifis and say, Makua. The real problem was that there was no way to split my forces. I also don't think it's really fair/right to reset to get good chest placement when it's supposed to be competitive.

I thought the Chest placement issue was only a glitch in my game.

EDIT:

Me and Psych have been talking about whether Gaidens should be left mandatory, or not. I think he needed to gather votes over the matter, or something. I'm not too sure, my head hrts so much I didn't get much of that! xS

Edited by Soul

That's because you can't count Soul. >_>

Gaidens should follow the SD method:

Turns over 20 only count towards your score.

EG: Iris takes 20 turns in 4x. Soul takes 21. Soul receives 1 turn added to his total.

And:

Gaidens not visited receive a 15 turn penalty.

EG: Iris takes 20 turns in 4x. She adds 0 to her score. Soul skips 4x. He adds 15 to his score.

Either way is fine, as long as there's still some incentive to make visiting them more appealing than not.

What does everyone think about Lara being free for all of Manster? Unless there are lots of door keys I don't know about, 3 people are going to eat penalties in 4x and 5, and 2 people will in 6 (I can use Karin).

Like I said, I'm not a fan of what are essentially required characters being forbidden.

Edited by Silvercrow

That's because you can't count Soul. >_>

Gaidens should follow the SD method:

Turns over 20 only count towards your score.

EG: Iris takes 20 turns in 4x. Soul takes 21. Soul receives 1 turn added to his total.

And:

Gaidens not visited receive a 15 turn penalty.

EG: Iris takes 20 turns in 4x. She adds 0 to her score. Soul skips 4x. He adds 15 to his score.

My head hurt alot at that moment, dammit. I took the small nap, though. :)

Anyway, I'll re-do Ch 3, since I kinda need Dalshin, and also because I need Hicks as well.

What does everyone think about Lara being free for all of Manster? Unless there are lots of door keys I don't know about, 3 people are going to eat penalties in 4x and 5, and 2 people will in 6 (I can use Karin).

Like I said, I'm not a fan of what are essentially required characters being forbidden.

I highly agree on this. Lara needs to be free, because there're like, no Door key at Ch 6 to GTFO.

Lifis. But there are actually keys. You could have stolen the one from the Meteor Bishop. Evayl's and Tania's probably went to the doors in 3. An armor in 4 has one. Mage ans Bishop in 4x have one. Asvel has one. Priest in 5 has one. You can buy a door key in 6, and you could fight through the armors. The bottom door even opens automatically.

I'll put the penalty thing on the front page.

Edited by Zombitron

Ch4x: The Hero of Wind (14+4/46) (assuming Lara is not free)

Took my time here since there's a large buffer now, freed all the children and got all the treasure. Got the Sety Scroll and recruited Asvel just in case I need his Graphcalibur next chapter (for any arena enemies that Eyvel may not finish off). Actually made sure Karin did some fighting this time. Sety handled most of the tougher enemies and the reinforcements. Nothing terribly interesting.

level  HP  ST  MG  SK  SP  LK  DF  BD
Leaf    14.46  38  07  03  12  12  08  05  06 	
Marty   10.52  39  09  00  03  03  09  09  20
Saphy   03.60  14  00  06  06  07  09  00  03
Bright  12.10  32  09  00  07  07  04  07  11
Karin   04.68  21  04  07  05  14  14  06  04

Also, the issue with most of those door keys is that you need to have Thieves to get them. Sety killed that Bishop before I could weaken it to capture. Also, fighting through the Armors just sends Galzus after you, and good luck fighting him off.

Edited by Silvercrow

Team Iris

Units

Leaf - That lord guy. Actually, I like Leaf as a lord. He doesn't get OHKO. But well, he reaches 20 early, and will lag the team down, but he's the lord.

Evayl - Will carry the first chapters, along with Leaf. She will own, but when she gets back, nothing going.

Ronan - Is utter shit. But I didn't feel like waiting more chapters for a Robert, so yeah... His strength is effed up, thanks to that low strength growth. I don't expect him to do much.

Asvel - Is a god. Graphicalibur. He's going to become a great staff user, too, because I can promote him early, and D staves right away!

Felgus - Owns. PCC 5, get B Swords, add Fire Sword... He'll be a great asset to the team, and one of my main fighters.

Nanna - Can barely heal boo-boo's. Not like she'll ever be a good healer, but she's mounted. And can somewhat fight, well, she gets her own weapon, and has Charisma to boot. Can hold her own, but I'm not expecting her to do miracles.

Mareeta - I expect her to own. Amazing PCC, own personal weapon... Myrmidon class... Astra... Add Sol skill....

Pahn - Is a thief. I would have preferred Lifis to him, because he comes earlier, but Pahn isn't bad.

Eyrios - I always used Olwen, and never got this guy, but I hear he is better. So, I will use this dude... Maybe give him Ambush or something...!

Sara - Little staff user for me! She comes late, but has Elite, so EXP x4! Staff chick, mainly.

Delmud - I might keep him with Beo Sword since Felgus will probably be owning shit with out it. Not too many redeeming qualities.... He's a charisma bot, along with Nanna, and both support each other...

Alva - Cavalier. I'll use him, somehow... I don't have any high expectations, though.

Chapter 1: The Warrior of Fiana (8/8)

Could have done this in say 6, but I NEEDED to get Life Ring. I still need to choose someone to use it, though. Had Fin, Othin, Halvan trade their crap to Leaf, so he could sell it. Leaf and Evayl charge towards top house, then Leaf stops by shop to sell crap and buy vulneraries instead of capturing which takes time. Head towards boss, Evayl hits, but doesn't finish, and Leaf hits, seizing next turn.

Unit	Level   Class	HP  Str  Mgc  Skl  Spd  Lck  Def  Bld
Leaf    4.56    Lord	25   06   00   03  07   08   04   06   
Evayl   12.60 	base

Chapter 2: The Village of Ith (7/15)

Wasted one recruiting Ronan, and his shittyness. Just charged up north, and seized.

Leaf	5.10    Lord	26   06   00   03  08   08   04   06   
Evayl   13.94   SwdMstr	28   10   04   18  20   10   07   08   
Ronan   2.28    Archer  21   04   01   03  08   03   02   07   

Chapter 2x: The Pirate Isles (0/15) - 10 Turns

So, Ronan gets shitty level ups! Just went straight to castle, left everyone else behind, luckily no one attacked them. Didn't touch Shiva.Evayl captured Lifis, removed his stuff, and then Leaf seized.

Leaf	6.22    Lord	26   06   00   03  09   08   04   06   
Evayl   14.78   SwdMstr	28   10   04   19  20   10   07   08   
Ronan   6.94    Archer  22   05   03   06  10   03   02   07   

Edited by Iris

Lancelot is going for the win... GOGOGO.

So wait, actually, Psych, if rules apply, my gaiden for 2x is worth not 10 but 0 turns?

I agree, Lara should be free Manster chapters... Oh and, Life Ring on Leaf, or save for....?

Maybe this one on Leaf, and the next one in chapter 4x for Asvel.

As for skills I'd get :

Elite : I'd go with Alva. Underlevelled and you get him somewhat early.

Wrath : Alva too. Low PCC, but decently durable and since he's mounted he'll be ahead of everyone. Nanna wouldn't be too bad either as Wrath + Earth Sword seems like an excellent combo to me.

Ambush : I'd get this to Asvel. With high magic and a Pure Water he'll be OHKOing many enemies if you have a tome with decent might. He also has Continue as a backup to prevent the enemy from attacking him sometimes.

Charge : Ronan (!) could use this to have more attacks. He's basically going to be an unmounted Selphina with added movement stars. Eyrios is a decent second choice since Sun will help the skill activate more often if he gets hit.

Sun : While you seem set on giving it to Mareeta, Fergus isn't a bad choice either. Alva would also like it if you give him Wrath.

Awareness : Probably Asvel, but Fergus or even Eyrios seem good.

Continue : Probably Eyrios if he doesn't get Charge. Giving Wrath to Alva is good enough, and Ronan already has it, so he's pretty much your last option. If Eyrios has Charge, try it on Nanna or something.

Have fun.

Edited by Dio

Chapter 1

This chapter was mostly Eyvel and Halvan clearing the way for Leaf to get to the throne, while Leaf killed what he could kill. Tania traded and Marty gave their weapons to Dagda, while Dagda got the Life ring. Eyvel obviously got the boss kill.

Unit      Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Con   Support
Leaf      2.32  23  5   0   2   6   6   3   5
Eyvel    13.16  28  9   4  18  20  11   7   8
Halvan    4.90  29  9   0   7   8   3   5  12
Dagda     6.48  43 14   1  11   9   2  10  15

Halvan got the Brave axe, by the way.

5 turns.

Chapter 2

Halvan took the East side to deal with the pirates, and got the Spd ring. Dagda & Eyvel rushed to the boss, and then Leaf seized.

Evayle   14.08  29 10   4  18  20  11   8   8
Halvan    6.74  31 10   0   7   9   3   6  13
Dagda     7.08  43 14   1  12   9   3  10  15

5 turns.

Chapter 2x

Undraftees out of the way, because my draftees are ready to fly. :awesome:

Evayle   14.92  29 10   4  18  20  11   8   8
Halvan    7.22  32 11   0   7   9   3   7  13
Dagda     7.44  43 14   1  12   9   3  10  15

8 turns.

Chapter 3

Dagda and Halvan took care of the enemies close by the castle entrance, while Eyvel killed the enemies pursuing the group. Leaf followed the cleared path, and seized. Eyvel, with the help of the undrafted characters, rescued most of the NPCs, with the exception of one.

Leaf      5.20  26  6   0   2   9   8   4   6
Evayle   15.22  29 10   4  18  20  11   8   8
Halvan   10.68  35 13   0   8  11   4   9  13
Dagda     8.34  43 14   1  13  13   3  11  15

9 turns.

Chapter 4

Gosh, here's where the Manster escape chapters start. These gave me quite a headache yesterday and today earlier...but anyway. I took the Machua penalty, and had her fight Loldiers while Lara opened Leaf's jail cell and escaped together with him and Dalshin.

14 (+4) turns.

Chapter 5

Leaf, Dalshin, and later Nanna, had to make their way through alot of enemies. In one instance, I had Dalshin equipped with a Hand axe (one that he stole from another Knight), use a Holy Water, and protect Leaf from Mages, while Nanna healed from behind.

20 (+3) turns.

Chapter 6

Leaf, Dalshin & Nanna made their way through the exit to the East while Lara opened some doors for them.

Leaf     16.44  32 10   2   9  13  11   5   7
Dalshin  15.08  36 13   0   8   7   2  18  16
Nanna    13.56  24  6   6   9   9  17   5   5

It makes me feel kinda guilty the way Hicks says that the "Liberation Army" can't even rescue a kid. Which caused me to also miss him.

9 (+3) turns.

Chapter 7

Nanna heads for the house that gives a Master Proof, takes care of a few Cavaliers, and then assists Leaf and Dalshin with the horde of Myrmidons. Saphy recruits Shiva, and then Shiva gets some kills.

Leaf     17.52  33 11   3   9  13  12   6   8
Dalshin   1.00  36 16   1  13   9   2  20  17
Nanna    17.52  27  6   7  10   9  20   6   5
Shiva     7.56  26  8   0  11  14   6   7   8

11 (+3) turns.

Chapter 8

Preparations menu:

- Leaf and Shiva grab some swords that were lying at the Convoy.

-----

Halvan and Shiva take care of most enemies while Leaf kills enemies in his way. While Halvan rushes up to the boss along with Leaf, Shiva stays behind and flamess enemies. Shiva got the Master Proof, traded it with Halvan, and then Halvan used it to promote. Halvan fought the boss and captured him.

Leaf     18.16  34 11   3   9  14  13   6   9
Halvan    3.56  38 16   1  13  14   7  13  15
Shiva    10.88  27 10   0  13  15   7   9   9

Shiva bought some door keys.

9 turns.

Chapter 8x

Battle preparations:

Dalshin and Halvan grab some iron swords.

-----

Leaf and Dalshin went up to the boss through the left corridor, while Halvan and Shiva made their way through the right one. Dagda took care of most of the bandits in his mansion, and then, after Halvan and Shiva had weakened the boss, he gave the boss the ending blow.

Leaf      20.-- 38 13   3   9  16   9  11  12
Dagda     13.44 43 16   1  12  10   5  10  15
Halvan     6.68 40 16   1  12  18   8  14  17

8 turns.

Edited by Soul

I'm not going to post mine yet. I need to observe the competition so I can try to beat their turn counts.

I might post after completing a hard chapter.

I'm not sure I approve of this. Obviously there's no way to keep things fair but I don't really think just waiting to see what other people do is really how drafts should be played. Maybe that's just me.

And Soul, are you really just gonna let yourself eat that 15 turn penalty for skipping 4x? Ouch.

I'm not sure I approve of this. Obviously there's no way to keep things fair but I don't really think just waiting to see what other people do is really how drafts should be played. Maybe that's just me.

And Soul, are you really just gonna let yourself eat that 15 turn penalty for skipping 4x? Ouch.

I agree on your first statement. No offense to Lance.

And I presumed I would be taking the same, if not more ammount of turns at 4x, so I thought of leaving it like that...

As well as missing 2 of your characters? I mean...you can do what you want, but doesn't seem very smart.

Dalsin isn't much of a loss. I'm losing some turns recruiting him and THEN escaping with him. The fact he can 1HKO Mages is neat, but the truth is, he is likely to hinder me thanks to low Mov. =/

I could've gotten Hicks, but 4x is such a pain with all the people I have to rescue, and then keep Lara out of danger with more enemies sorrounding her.

I think I can do just fine with two Leaf, Dagda, Halvan & Shiva. In the current chapter, I'll be getting Kein. So that means I won't be having to use up more Master Proofs.

Edited by Soul

Alright I guess I'll post daily.

Ch. 1: 5 turns

Leaf, Fin and Evyle head north. Othin goes to the house with Pugi. Conserved using my Light Sword and start using the Brave lance a bit. Evyle just uses up a little bit of the Fire sword clearing the path. Spent an extra turn to have Fin get the Life ring, since either Leaf or Lifis will need it for Manster. Non-draftees trade their stuff away to the drafts.

Ch. 2: 5 turns

Leaf and Evyle go north to throne, while Fin and Othin take out the pirates east. Wanted to get the speed ring so I could help out Leaf's offense, since eveyone else I drafted has passable AS. Fire sword spam insued as I went up to the throne.

Ch. 2x: 10 turns

Just move. That's it. Fin was sagging behind and I was busy rescue-dropping Leaf to the throne. Captured Lifis and traded him a sword and the life ring to use for the next chapter.

And I'll only post my recent stats on the last chapter I loged.

Unit  Level  HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Con
Leaf  3.44   23  5    1   2   6   7  3   6
Othin 6.48   32  7    0  10  11   6  5  13
Fin   10.24  29  9    1   9  13   7  8   9
Evyle 14.62  30  9    4  18  20* 10  7   8

Ch5: Mother and Child (21/67)

This is a longass chapter. With three characters + Lara, it's not all that bad, though. Did the usual with Eyvel and Nanna and just rushed to them. Opened the door and positioned Brighton at the top of the stairs. PS: Brighton is a monster. He had absolutely no trouble with Eyvel's leftover enemies, Wrath tore them apart and he was even able to capture a Swordmaster and grab a Killing Edge. From there it was pretty straightfoward, made liberal use of Leaf with the Fire Sword to destroy large groups of enemies on enemy phase now that his weapon level is finally high enough. Didn't bother with any chests, they've got some okay stuff but I can do without it. Leaf hit level 20, ugh.

Leaf    20.00  43  09  03  16  15  10  07  08 	
Bright  16.72  34  11  00  07  11  05  08  12
Karin   09.52  25  05  07  07  17  17  07  04

Ch6: The Escape (9/76)

Karin flew off to go grab the Knight Proof, Elite Manual, and Odo Scroll. Everyone else ran for their lives. Karin decided to proc movement on the way, which is awesome. Basically just meandered through the town, didn't have to fight much but Brighton was the roadblock when I did. On my first run, I accidentally proced the armors a turn early so Brighton had to kill every last one of them on enemy phase, but that cost a turn so I redid it. Grabbed the Rapier because it was on the way, but otherwise just focused on getting out. Not much to say.

Leaf    20.00  43  09  03  16  15  10  07  08     
Bright  17.52  35  13  01  08  14  06  10  13
Karin   10.50  26  06  07  09  19  18  08  04

Edited by Silvercrow

Question: I'm on 4x(will log after Ch.7) and can I have Karin talk to Sety for the Sety scroll?

I don't really need it, since most of the units I have aren't speed challedged(except Leaf and maybe Trewd), but it would help.

Basically, Ch 11x is impossible, literally impossible for anyone that doesn't have a Thief or 4 Door keys to go through the four doors after the Portcullis trap has been set. This is going to be tough. =/

Basically, Ch 11x is impossible, literally impossible for anyone that doesn't have a Thief or 4 Door keys to go through the four doors after the Portcullis trap has been set. This is going to be tough. =/

You can buy door keys in chapters 6 and 8. You just need some crap to sell to buy them.

Edited by Dio