What grade are you in?

ThatGuyDownTheStreet

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking college essays.

Testify.

Needless to say, I'm a senior in high school. Twelve essays down, two acceptance letters in. Let's go. I can't wait for this stupid school-year to end.

I'm usually okay with school (not homework, but in-school work I don't mind), but I feel like I'm spending five hours a day banging my head against a wall in World History, World Literature, and Microbiology. It's all busywork and boring material spoon-fed to all the idiots who might need a year or two to reach graduation-level maturity and intelligence. AP Physics and Calcullus are cool, though. And I will admit, senior year is pretty fun; you get to joke around, and no one gives a crap. If you offend someone, no one cares, since you'll never see each other again after this year ends.

11th grade. I feel so old, *sob*.

What? You feel old? Then what am I, a fossil? Why when I was a young whipper-snapper like you, I had to walk ten miles to school each day, uphill both ways, across the snowy plains. And we didn't have any of them fancy computer machines either, with their word documents and paint, and all the internets. We used telegraphs. And letters. Not any of your "electronic mail." Those were the good old days.

Edited by Ragnell

Testify.

Needless to say, I'm a senior in high school. Twelve essays down, two acceptance letters in. Let's go. I can't wait for this stupid school-year to end.

Oh shit your still using the sig I made lol

Anways, Senior in high school. Already got in the school I wanted yeeeee

Senior in high school. It's easier saying 12th grade, but... just get used to saying the term freshman/sophomore/etc since I joined high school.

And "stupid freshman" just rolls off the tongue easier than "stupid ninth grader." Haha, just kidding. I mean, who makes fun of freshman?

Oh shit your still using the sig I made lol

If I didn't, I think the handful of people here who still remember me somewhere in the back of their mind wouldn't recognize me. The sig's still totally sweet, btw.

Edited by Ragnell

If I didn't, I think the handful of people here who still remember me somewhere in the back of their mind wouldn't recognize me. The sig's still totally sweet, btw.

lol thanks man, it means something when people like your work and use it for so long

And how the hell could anyone forget you? You've been like a staple member

And "stupid freshman" just rolls off the tongue easier than "stupid ninth grader." Haha, just kidding. I mean, who makes fun of freshman?

I know right :rolleyes:

I'm in 11th grade... with one grade 10 class... those are the worst type of classes, one below your grade :/ Although my best friend is in it, so thats a plus. The rest of my classes are awesome except English before we got to Macbeth :awesome:

I'm in 11th grade... with one grade 10 class... those are the worst type of classes, one below your grade :/

I'm in eleventh.

I know how you feel. I'm in woodshop, which is already bad enough, and my entire class is filled with freshmen. It's horrible and everybody is immature. I don't know why a [practical] art is a requirement for me to graduate from high school.

I'm currently in 8th grade, how 'bout you guys?

WHAT THE FUCK LIAR

I- I mean, there are more than two people?

But I'm still second youngest on the forum, right?

Edited by Camtech086

Hahaha it does. Oh noooooooooooo I have never said that ever in my life!!!!!! Weeeeellllllllllllllll................... Yes I have.

You should see my econ/government teacher. He makes fun of all underclassmen, but he "hates" freshmen. He's hilarious.

And how the hell could anyone forget you? You've been like a staple member

^ would be my response

I know right :rolleyes:

I'm in 11th grade... with one grade 10 class... those are the worst type of classes, one below your grade :/ Although my best friend is in it, so thats a plus. The rest of my classes are awesome except English before we got to Macbeth :awesome:

At least you haven't been a junior in a stinky freshman class (well it's mainly freshmen but some people take it sophomore year too) with a whole bunch of stinky immature kids (but everyone in my grade is no better, just a select few). And continuing on with that class into senior year with stinky sophomores but it's slightly better.

SENIORS RULE!!!!!!!!! =P

Edited by Freohr Datia

Well, second-half of he first year of college.

Cool for me, but bad too since even if I sound like a grown-up I still look like a kid.

But anyways, I'm studying what I want to work for the rest of my life, my dream as a programmer/animator!

At least you haven't been a junior in a stinky freshman class (well it's mainly freshmen but some people take it sophomore year too) with a whole bunch of stinky immature kids (but everyone in my grade is no better, just a select few). And continuing on with that class into senior year with stinky sophomores but it's slightly better.

I've had the reverse problem actually, being a 9th and 10th grader taking a bunch of classes with upperclassmen.

And by 12th grade, taking classes with college upperclassmen.

I've had the reverse problem actually, being a 9th and 10th grader taking a bunch of classes with upperclassmen.

And by 12th grade, taking classes with college upperclassmen.

I hate that too cause then they'll look at me and think of me as immature (in the beginning then later on I'd prove myself to them).

I think that almost makes me hypocritical. :lol:

I hate that too cause then they'll look at me and think of me as immature (in the beginning then later on I'd prove myself to them).

I think that almost makes me hypocritical. :lol:

Just do what I do and show that you can consistently stay ahead of them. Always good for a laugh.

On a more serious note, I don't think that age is a perfect indicator of maturity, though it does usually serve as a good proxy. Still, it takes time to get over first impressions, and psychological research does state that that's the case. :(

Just do what I do and show that you can consistently stay ahead of them. Always good for a laugh.

On a more serious note, I don't think that age is a perfect indicator of maturity, though it does usually serve as a good proxy. Still, it takes time to get over first impressions, and psychological research does state that that's the case. :(

I like to laugh.

Not a perfect indicator but people still can't help but use that to judge in the very very beginning.