Return of the Emblem: Chat

CATS

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battle Preparations:

Okay, the first PC battle not relying on direct assault is going to be starting soon, but there are some things we need to take care of first, mainly the Leverager's weapon loadout, and its support settings.

As an example, here's our sister ship, the Dark Utka, and her current setup.

Dark Utka

Type: Galleon

HP: 100 Evade: 8 Defense: 3 Shots: 8

Loadout: Light x2, Medium x4 Heavy x2

Supports: Engineer Team x2

'Light' refers to light cannons, and so on. And here is the Leverager, which still has two support options and needs its cannon loadout confirmed before the battle. There's only one custom shot available to this ship currently, and that's the ballista the sailors mentioned.

Leverager

Type: Galleon

HP: 100 Evade: 2 Defense: 3 Shots: 14

Loadout: PC configuration

Supports: PC Configuration

Some handy information for the upcoming battle is that the use of ship movement will be critical to the objectives, so while the Leverager does have a lot of potential firepower, its cannons and supports shouldn't be chosen with routing the enemy in mind; they severely outnumber us. As for the support units, we only need two of a given type of unit to use that support, eg: John/Aneda can be used for an aerial squadron, or Synthia/Ranyin can be used for wind mages. Healing units can also form a light mages support unit, but whatever the supports are, we can only use two at the moment. A firing team can also be made out of handful of ranged units.

Time for a quick and possibly confusing tutorial.

Since NW relies on unit placement and not the instant attacking PCs have the pleasure of getting away with, each battlefield requires a map, and thanks to my laziness, I've found a quick and easy way to make them ... don't expect anything pretty, though. It's basically a grid with numbers and crappy overhead :dry:

This picture is only a reference and is just to give a feel of the overall battlefield.

PortTremerebeta.png

Down at the docks, kids once played with each other or stole stuff ... fishermen spent hours fishing and wondering where their youth went ... dockers conned innocent merchants with insanely high crane fees ... bodies were disposed of in the night ... secret deals were made ... seagulls pestered people ... but now the place is a war zone. Alas.

Here's the version we'll actually use for this.

[01][02][03][04][05][06][07]

[08][09][10][11][12][13][14]

[15][16][17][18][19][20][21]

[22][23][24][25][26][27][28]

And here's why ...

[01][02][03][04][05][06][07]

[08][09][10][11][12][13][14]

[15][16][17][18][19][20][21]

[22][23][24][25][26][27][28]

Colors~ Colors without the need to keep making new pictures every other phase as the ship placements change.

The red areas are zones that have nothing but enemies in them(they own it). If it's got more than just enemies in it, it'll stay black ... so it's not much of a marker unless someone's got a 'mix' color idea ... maybe purple. Moving on ... green is for 'others' like the Patrol fleet and civilian ships, and blue is for zones that only ships in our fleet occupy(Leverager and Dark Utka). Now while this is an example of how the field color thing works, it's the actual layout of the battle we're about to head into.

Ships still have to be marked individually or people won't know what's in range of the ship's guns or support units, or more importantly, what's in range to shoot them. For now, I'm just combining two of the lists we'd use for normal battles since there are no combat teams to worry about. Ships and mobile support units will be listed together with updated stats and their current zone marked in parenthesis next to their name.

Eg:

Ship of the Line A(03)<-----(This is where to go for zone info)

HP: 150 Evade: 2 Defense: 7 Shots: 10

Loadout: Medium x4, Heavy x6

That ship is actually appearing in the battle^

Mobile support units just look like this(and yeah I'm clumping them together if they belong to the same ship to save space) ...

Fire Dragon (04)

Wind Dragon (??)

If you see (??), take note, because this means you're dealing with an impending reinforcement who could show up from any applicable border zone. Won't be much of that this battle, but it's worth noting anyway.

Last thing to address is our goal. It'll have a main objective and it might have a bonus objective. Haven't decided yet due to the points thing(if there weren't any points involved, we would have no need for a bonus objective, would we? XD).

EDIT:

Oh and last note, if you see this little guy here---> * , the unit it's next to is inactive.

EDIT:

Suggested course of action for this turn is moving the Leverager up to zone 19, so if there aren't any objections, that's what we're going to do. It's going to be a huge post since I'll be doing three whole phases in one post, so it's going to take me awhile to write it. A bit too busy to do so right now, but I'll get to it sometime this afternoon or early evening.

Edited by Phoenix

I believe Chelsea is still at the deck of the Leverager.

... The Leverager got hit.... Hahahahahaha!!

Chelsea is now in pieces, floating in the ocean... Cept the sharks just ate her.

R.I.P. Chelsea - extraordinary dumbass.

In all seriousness the reason I'm not posting is because there's nothing I can do...

I could try covering the Leverager with a dome of light magic?

Is that action possible?

In any case, Phoenix I have some good ideas about colors for multiple units.

Red: Enemy Furries

Blue: Suicidal Merchant Crew

Green: Cannon-fodder

Orange: Furries + Cannon

Violet: Furries + Merchant Crew

Yellow: Merchants + Fodder.

In that case what can Chelsea do?

On the other hand, if we pull it off it will be changed to ''Suicidal basked in the blissful respite of victory until it's time to tango again with Thanatos''... *QAAM'ed*

Acacia.... I don't get it.

But I'm glad to see you guys like it so much!!

In any case I guess I'll have Chelsea go inside and... panic. Finding Shadrak would be great.

In such a trollish move shortly after I shut off the laptop yesterday I realized the Heavy Cannon damage calculations were off by 4 Def. For some reason only 4 Def was used for the Heavy Cannons, so their actual values are:

Leverager:

4, 5, 4, 8, 3, 8. Which adding the 18 from the Medium Cannons is the real total of 50.

Dark Utka:

MISS, 4. Which adding the 10 from the Medium Cannons is the real total of 14.

So the true damage done to the Galleon is 64. So it's HP total should be 56/120.

Dark Mages prevent a ship from being inflicted with Status Ailments and being attacked by Support Units. On the other hand, the ship's accuracy is reduced by half.

Notes on Chapter 10:

-The current rp day is 33

-Other events in different areas are on their own timeline and won't be clarified for the sake of avoiding headaches

-If there are any retrospect issues or convos that would have or should have happened, speak to the relevant rpers and sort it out.

Edited by Phoenix

Disky, if Chelsea's actually sensing Lilith's power then there's something I need to point out for posterity.

Lilith's powers have been 'mistaken' for light magic because of how flashy they've been in the past(this is speaking of history and not recent events and you'll see exactly where this idea comes from later in RotE:R). She actually wield's dark magic.

Also, Griffin wields anima and isn't making much of an attempt to repress it like she is, so that's more of what she should be feeling right now, IMO.

Internet situation was catastrophic and even now I'm not at my house so I'm just going to focus on catching up in the rps. May or may not post until tomorrow depending on how the current connection holds up.