Playing efficient with my Team PT

You know, there's a complete 3 turn strategy outlined in my playthrough. Admittedly, I had transfers on Brom and Calill, but I barely even used Haar so you could probably emulate it yourself.

I had to unquip Danved though to prevent loosing more enemies, what is that word called what I did to Danved? Is it sandbagging?

Sandbagging generally refers to assuming a character doesn't get any resources (even ones they use very well) in a debate... for example, when smashfanatic talks about Mia under the assumption that we're sending her into combat in her underwear to try and headbutt Generals to death.

Edited by Anouleth

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, there's a complete 3 turn strategy outlined in my playthrough. Admittedly, I had transfers on Brom and Calill, but I barely even used Haar so you could probably emulate it yourself.

Sandbagging generally refers to assuming a character doesn't get any resources (even ones they use very well) in a debate... for example, when smashfanatic talks about Mia under the assumption that we're sending her into combat in her underwear to try and headbutt Generals to death.

and she still manages to take them out, panties of death?

and she still manages to take them out, panties of death?

No way. With a steel sword she barely scratches them and with no Adept all she has is her natural crit rate to maybe do 12 to 16 damage instead of 6 to 8.

No way. With a steel sword she barely scratches them and with no Adept all she has is her natural crit rate to maybe do 12 to 16 damage instead of 6 to 8.

My point wasn't that she would 1 round them or anything even remotely like that. Just that even with a steel sword and naked she would eventually win do to hit rates and such. Sure it would take a few rounds but she's just that good of a character/class vs low hit enemies like generals, of course this is minus getting rng screwed and getting hit 3 times in a row with a sub 40% hit rate.(my mia has everything but magic/luck transferred lol) Do you have any idea how irritating it was to cap her hp? SO many resets on my PoR transfer run.... oyi

I did give a bexp level up to Haar ^_^ and the speedwing on turn 1 (thanks to Marcia&Nealuchi). It ended in four turns, Haar did a whole lot of flying around. Leanne was really important, thanks to her Haar managed to get the nullify on turn 1 enemy phase ^_^. Brom and Mordy served as shields. I was scared for Nepheknees because I had to restart once due to her dying. Callil didn't help as much as I had planned, all she did was meteor kill one enemy which was useful. Poor Lethe, not even her shove botting helped much. Nealuchi helped carve the way for Elincia who helped carved the way to the boss (for Haar). Marcia rescue drops Heather to steal the dragonshield ^^'. I did manage to get the energy ring too. Haar is in my opinion the best character in this game.

Hmmm... Indeed, Haar is among the best characters in the game, even if he falters in endgame because of a low speed cap (though I don't think that means all that much).

What would the phrase be then? Neglect? ^^' Usually I unequip jeigans and have them wall off my weaklings, Danved did play that role perfectly ^_^ except I did that to him to reduce enemies dying. I'll use him in 3-9 as an apology to him ^^'.

I once had Heather play as Mia, she did decently. She had enough speed but I had to forge her a good knife and give her resolve. I had no one else to rely on so she was my best bet.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

What would the phrase be then? Neglect? ^^' Usually I unequip jeigans and have them wall off my weaklings, Danved did play that role perfectly ^_^ except I did that to him to reduce enemies dying. I'll use him in 3-9 as an apology to him ^^'.

I once had Heather play as Mia, she did decently. She had enough speed but I had to forge her a good knife and give her resolve. I had no one else to rely on so she was my best bet.

Unless I'm wrong, it's called meatshielding.

Part 3-Prologue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IYrv9z-uPs

My other video

7 turns

3300 BEXP

Unit    Lvl    HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS   Support

Ike     11.46 44 24  2 28 25 14 21  7
Titania 16.82 36 26 10 24 23 19 20 14
Mist     1.73 28 10 15 13 17 16  7 18
Rolf     1.46 32 17  3 20 19 13 13  9
Boyd     8.82 50 24  1 20 20 13 15  8
Oscar   12.46 38 22  7 22 23 18 17 13
Shinnon 13.22 43 21  7 28 24 15 20 14
Gatrie  10.22 45 27  5 20 20 15 26 11
Rhys     3.85 27  8 25 18 14 21  7 26
Mia      7.94 34 19  5 26 30 18 13  8
Soren    5.00 28  9 25 21 20 11  9 23 I don't like you Soren

I hate this chapter and I hate restarting this chapter ^^'. My rule is to never let anyone die, if you see why I was neglecting Soren was because he caused me to restart by missing a hit and getting killed on the enemy phase by a halb and a mage. I thought he would double since I had him speed transfered, oh well. Rolf went on the ballistae and so did Shinnon but Shinnon only stayed there for a turn. Soren played shove bot instead, and I prefered to have Rhys fighting over Soren ^_^ (and I like Rhys better too). Its funny how the npc cats attack the stronger enemies and Skirmir attacks the weak enemies ^^'. Mist got mend on turn 1 and healed quite a lot too. Titania traded axes with Boyd and had adept on her, she also got the boss kill.

@Narga, it still doesn't let me post two media files, I'll leave the other one as a link for now ^^'.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

You should be focusing experience on Oscar and Boyd. With transfers they are two of the best units available to you. Even Mia is less of a priority because she cannot 1-round Generals at 2-range like Boyd can, and does not have the same good movement as Oscar. I also recommend supporting Boyd with Ike. Having Boyd with a support is very important because it helps him 1-round Generals with a forged Hand Axe in 3-8 (I neglected his supports and ended up having to give him a hasty promotion).

...Very funny. (Titania with Adept)

I mean- To get him double sooner, you must give him the Speedwings & Secret Book ASAP. After that, I just got lucky with a few Spd procs with BEXP or CEXP.

And why do people transfer Soren if they aren't even going to use him? :(

Edited by Soul

I'm in 3-1 and he's not doubling much ^^'

Ilyana didn't bring the speedwings, and Haar ate the other speedwings.

I do love how Boyd is one of the units who are useful without doubling, him with Killer Axe saved me from restarting ^^'. I would like him to double though.

Edited by Queen_Elincia

sandbagging blah blah blah

Hi kids. Interceptor here. There's nobody on the Internet who actually remembers this -- because I am the Richard Belzer of Fire Emblem debating, and everyone copies my mannerisms without even realizing that they're doing it -- but I'm the one who imported the term "sandbagging" into the collective vernacular in the first place, as part of a colorful metaphor. All that it means, is to deliberately curtail a character's abilities/potential. Not any of that other stuff.

And since I de-cloaked for this post, might as well reply to other things. First, a general "thank god", for putting a stop to the people pooping all over this thread. It was annoying. Also:

I hope none of you mind me calling the characters by the nicknames I normally call them ^^'.

I don't mind, your nicknames are kind of cutesey-amusing, and I can tell who you're referring to (though I like my own "Neffiknees", circa July 2008). As opposed to smash's nicknames, which were confusing and/or offensive, making his playthrough log harder to follow than the completely asinine writing style would have normally been able to accomplish on its own.

Sorry, almost went off on a rant, there. Carry on, I like this playlog.

As opposed to smash's nicknames, which were confusing and/or offensive, making his playthrough log harder to follow than the completely asinine writing style would have normally been able to accomplish on its own.

Actually, I think what really makes smash's logs hard to follow is not that his nicknames are obnoxious (they are, but that's not the reason), but he uses the nicknames instead of the actual names when writing the relevant materials. As opposed to QE, who just uses them in the statsheet.

Hi kids. Interceptor here. There's nobody on the Internet who actually remembers this -- because I am the Richard Belzer of Fire Emblem debating, and everyone copies my mannerisms without even realizing that they're doing it -- but I'm the one who imported the term "sandbagging" into the collective vernacular in the first place, as part of a colorful metaphor. All that it means, is to deliberately curtail a character's abilities/potential. Not any of that other stuff.

Hi. What was that quote referring to?

I don't mind, your nicknames are kind of cutesey-amusing, and I can tell who you're referring to (though I like my own "Neffiknees", circa July 2008). As opposed to smash's nicknames, which were confusing and/or offensive, making his playthrough log harder to follow than the completely asinine writing style would have normally been able to accomplish on its own.

Sorry, almost went off on a rant, there. Carry on, I like this playlog.

I assume you don't like the term 'Moeblob' for Ilyana.

I assume you don't like the term 'Moeblob' for Ilyana.

um, wow, you're like, completely missing the point. Interceptor isn't like, an Ilyana fan (or if he is he keeps it to himself), and if he did care about that one nickname out of the 70 that smash throws around without a word of explanation, he probably would have said so rather than pointing out that the nicknames in general are confusing and not really funny and in some cases offensive (like calling Danved MJ).

Personally I don't really like giving out nicknames when they're not abbreviations (like eddie, snacky, micky), and generally most nicknames aren't that funny anyway (hur hur Gatrie likes trees in a skirt omg!). It's just confusing and generally doesn't add anything of value... I'm sure that many people here like to refer internally to characters with nicknames, but it's just less funny when conveyed in playlog form.