Favorite Weapon Type!

Gaggle of Geese

69 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite weapon type in the Fire Emblem series?

• Swords
    • Lances
    • Axes
    • Bows
    • Magic
    • Staves

I was thinking about how much I liked axes today, when it suddenly occurred to me that not everyone is like me. So I decided to make a poll!

Naturally, any good strategy uses most, if not all, weapon types, but I think everyone has their favorites all the same.

Please feel free to discuss your choice. This is encouraged.

As for me, I just like axes because they're strong, and I don't care too much about hit%. I just like to cross my fingers and pray. I'm also kinda drawn to them since they were a bit of an underdog weapon in the first few games. And of course, axe wielders just look cool.

EDIT: I wanted to add multiple categories for magic, but the series is kind of inconsistent on that. I lumped them together into one category. If you like one kind of magic over the rest, you'll just have to say so in your post.

Edited by Flock of Geese

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lances, then bows for myself.

More often than not, if I have cavaliers on my team, their lance level will always be higher than their sword level, even if they're meant to be swordies like Kent and Cain, (except for Tellius where everyone is locked to one weapon until promotion.) Plus they are very versatile, look cool, and the main weapon of some of my favorite units.

As for bows, I'm not sure why, but I want to use them more than I usually do. Plus, being able to hit without clumping up in the midst of the enemies is cool.

As for bows, I'm not sure why, but I want to use them more than I usually do. Plus, being able to hit without clumping up in the midst of the enemies is cool.

Not to mention that in some games (I'm looking at you, FE6 and FE9), Javelins and Hand Axes are way too inaccurate.

Edited by Malik Maxwell

Not really too picky with weapons, but magic would have to be my favorite weapon type. Wind magic is my most favorite magic, with light magic and dark magic behind it. Swords are my second favorite weapon, even if only for the types of units that use them. Bows are fine too.

Edited by LittleAl

Swords, natch. Mah favorite units use them. Axes come second, mostly in Tellius games. Lances are cool too. I like Bows on mounted units, not so much on foot units. Knives are dumb.

Out of magic, Fire is the best because immolating others is fun.

I used to like any magic type over any physical weapons, but recently I started to like the physical weapons more. I don't really know why...

so at the moment I'm really into lances and bows. I voted lances because of hateful non-existing 1-range for bows(, if only bows could at least counter like FE10 staves..).

Swords.

Wind magic is my second favourite. Just something about attacking with wind that I like. Also in ToS. Cyclone.

Cyclone, huh? To be honest, I didn't see many of Genis's advanced T-line spells as all that great for the TP cost...

Staves are my favorite ^_^ then its dark magic followed by bows, lances, swords, axes, light magic, and lastly anima magic.

Why don't you like light or anima magic that much?