Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

There is something wacky, surreal, and uncomfortable about seeing this hack.

I'm going to be playing this not just because I've suddenly had an almost random surge of interest in Fire Emblem again, but also... I'd like to see where my characters have gone! I'm Kitsune from the Misc. section of the credits, and Renair - along with Seren and Inari - are totally my characters (not that I'm using them anymore... and I think it's way past the point where I can take any reasonable action against anything).

If anyone on the original staff from like a year or two ago actually remembers and/or cares about me still, I'm sorry for leaving. The reason I left was because I felt like I was a talentless moron associating with people better than me just to feel good about myself, and deep down I was totally useless and contributing slightly less than nothing to the project. Regardless of whether or not that was true, I also had no time to contribute even if I wanted to. So, in the end, I just sort of up and left. I can't help but feel that the project went better without me, but that's the far past now.

There's something weird and oddly funny to me, though, that the main character of this hack is a character I made. Plus, Seren and Inari still seem to exist, which is cool. Like I've said, they're not really my characters anymore, though.

So yeah - this is a hack I'm definitely gonna have to try.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Seren's character though.

Very silent, pretty unique to her class. Not to mention she's my type.

Not to mention she also saves Renair during an ambush.

Edited by Ubel Engel

Hi Kitsune.

Renair, Seren and Inari are definitely not in whatever character you imagined them to be anymore.

Yeah - the characters are really yours now, not mine, and if anything, I'd probably find it weirder if they WERE how I imagined them.

But seeing their names in this hack makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Also, I downloaded the patch, died in the first chapter to 38% hit rates, and then ragequit for an hour.

Edited by Kitty Kate

Yeah - the characters are really yours now, not mine, and if anything, I'd probably find it weirder if they WERE how I imagined them.

But seeing their names in this hack makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Also, I downloaded the patch, died in the first chapter to 38% hit rates, and then ragequit for an hour.

Welcome to Dream of Five. Everything will be more brutal than you'd remember from the original fire emblems.

I like Seren's character though.

Very silent, pretty unique to her class. Not to mention she's my type. BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH.

AHHHHHHHHHHH SPOILERS NOW I HAVE TO KILL SOMETHING :c

I am having fun with this game. At first, I wanted to let Amelia rot cause she missed everything. It was not until she had 10 uses in a fire I bought her until he actually hit something...but now she is pretty good. Glass cannon. :]

AHHHHHHHHHHH SPOILERS NOW I HAVE TO KILL SOMETHING :c

I am having fun with this game. At first, I wanted to let Amelia rot cause she missed everything. It was not until she had 10 uses in a fire I bought her until he actually hit something...but now she is pretty good. Glass cannon. :]

I didn't say from what D:

You mke me crie evrytie

Edited post to have spoiler tab in it. MERCY OF THE GOD PRAISE UPON YOU.

Edited by Ubel Engel

lol it's cool. I already got that far into the story. But just in case whatever for other people. :b

Also...I wanna say that Annelise's hair makes no sense. Her bangs have a separate parting than the rest of her hair. It's an easy fix, but just something to keep in mind when her sprite gets revamped. :]

Uh, guys, remember what happened the last time I played? It's happening again, but not quite as silly. . .oh, who am I kidding? Amelia's right on her averages, Kolbane's level 7 and still at base Speed, Renair's gone the tanky route, I can't even tell what's happening to Ilanice, and my "best" characters ATM are Chester and Asher (both are beating their averages nicely). Currently on Chapter 4, and I hope this rectifies itself.

I'm trying to say that comparing this game's difficulty to that of an average FE is ridiculous.

It's generally comparable to FE6 HM. Which frankly pulled far less weird shit than HHM or FE5.

kolbane low tier chester high tier

i've been saying this since v3

eclipse i've had my kolbane stay at base defence all the way to level 20

i promoted driscoll instead of him

Edited by AstraLunaSol

I downloaded this last night and I'm on Chapter 3 now.

I like the various gameplay changes you made to the hack and the map design seems stronger overall for the most part. I do prefer Ilanice's old portrait and the weapon rank/affinity icons look kind of hideous to me though.

No opinion on any changes to the story because I almost always skip cutscenes in FE these days, meaning I don't even know if there were any significant ones.

Edited by Tyrant Sage

I downloaded this last night and I'm on Chapter 3 now.

I like the various gameplay changes you made to the hack and the map design seems stronger overall for the most part. I do prefer Ilanice's old portrait and the weapon rank/affinity icons look kind of hideous to me though.

No opinion on any changes to the story because I almost always skip cutscenes in FE these days, meaning I don't even know if there were any significant ones.

you can't skip some of them :/

dan why

it's just awful

it really is