Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would you be interested in doing a 0% run of this game? If my awful stats are any indication, I think it's possible.

I'm underway in one, actually. Up to 10A.

Jayson was a dick.

I'm doing one too, although not quite as far as SB! All I remember is that I'm on B route, and on whatever Chapter you have to rescue the children and get notEphraimxnotEliwood.

yeah some of the technical merit of this patch stands out a lot, the female portraits included. They looks really good.

I'm not sure a different gender portrait is a technical merit...

Ummm so I wanted to ask, will the supports be updated in the next patch? Like Amelia and Arcus' A rank support?

Hello there!

I just played this patch and couldn't stop till chapter 7a, and so far this hack is great :D! (you know a game is great when you play it 4 hour in a raw)

Now a question is bothering me does there's any arena in this game ?

(the reason i ask is that i was unlucky with renais so far and at level 14 she has only 9 strength and im sick of that :D).

If there is one plz tell me at witch chapter :p

Hello there!

I just played this patch and couldn't stop till chapter 7a, and so far this hack is great :D! (you know a game is great when you play it 4 hour in a raw)

Now a question is bothering me does there's any arena in this game ?

(the reason i ask is that i was unlucky with renais so far and at level 14 she has only 9 strength and im sick of that :D).

If there is one plz tell me at witch chapter :p

1. Don't remember.

2. Your levels should be more than sufficient, given the amount of enemies this game throws at you!

3. My Renair has something like 7 Strength at level 11. I usually give up and use Chester instead.

I was (relatively) lucky with Renair's strength - 16 at lv. 19 (Musain) and lv. 20 (Onduris). But that's nothing compared to the person who had something like 12 strength at lv. 8.

As Ezio will no doubt point out, that's the RNG for you. And when it fails, you can always take Support bonuses into account (hence why my Renair might as well be tied to Kolbane by a 3 tile length chain. Even 16 strength falls short at times).

Would you be interested in doing a 0% run of this game? If my awful stats are any indication, I think it's possible.

no, probably not; too busy

lol I love the way dondon thinks

it's actually a really elegant solution

I am having just the most ridiculous time beating these chapters. I think the RNG screwed me over a long time ago and now all my characters have stats that are around the same as the enemy's, like Amelia being around level 10 in both routes has only 8 speed, and Kolbane in one route only has 11 speed still. At the very least I'm more thankful for doubling enemies now. If I wanted to keep playing the game, should I restart?

I think it's time for my usual spiel about rng

Kolbane's best nonHP growth is 55% with his speed, which is high, but it's close to 50% and thus have a high standard deviation. That means it's very likely that it will deviate from his averages. Chances that his speed will end up great is more than the chances that it'll suck, sure, but both is likely with him. On average, he is a pretty good unit, but as we have it DoF doesn't have a fixed mode and thus isn't the game of averages. Sometimes, especially if you're not me, he'll get screwed. Sometimes in one stat, sometimes in multiple, sometimes it just makes using him more inconvenient (like Astra's no defense ever Kolbane who remains useful because of his strong offense) and sometimes he'll end up flat out useless. And then there's the time where he ends up god on earth, like a certain one of mine who's 20/3 and has 21 defense (+5!!!) and above average everywhere else. It all happens. When you get a bad Kolbane, you have two courses of action. If you really like him as a character, you can opt for the super awesome favoritism package, also known as throw him whatever statboosters you come across, but if you don't, benching him will not hurt your team. There's plenty of other units that can take his job, especially since he's performing badly and doesn't seem like an asset to your team.

wow i must be really bored or something usually my rng spiels don't last this long

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

From personal experience and looking at the averages, the "growth" characters like Kolbane will generally outclass later joiners like Inari by the time they join- but if you get RNG screwed or the character ends up underleveled replacing them with the later joiner is more effective.

I think it's time for my usual spiel about rng

Kolbane's best nonHP growth is 55% with his speed, which is high, but it's close to 50% and thus have a high standard deviation. That means it's very likely that it will deviate from his averages. Chances that his speed will end up great is more than the chances that it'll suck, sure, but both is likely with him. On average, he is a pretty good unit, but as we have it DoF doesn't have a fixed mode and thus isn't the game of averages. Sometimes, especially if you're not me, he'll get screwed. Sometimes in one stat, sometimes in multiple, sometimes it just makes using him more inconvenient (like Astra's no defense ever Kolbane who remains useful because of his strong offense) and sometimes he'll end up flat out useless. And then there's the time where he ends up god on earth, like a certain one of mine who's 20/3 and has 21 defense (+5!!!) and above average everywhere else. It all happens. When you get a bad Kolbane, you have two courses of action. If you really like him as a character, you can opt for the super awesome favoritism package, also known as throw him whatever statboosters you come across, but if you don't, benching him will not hurt your team. There's plenty of other units that can take his job, especially since he's performing badly and doesn't seem like an asset to your team.

wow i must be really bored or something usually my rng spiels don't last this long

i like long rng spiel :D

<---- RNG user in FF XII (if you don't know what that mean it's normal im just a mad nerd)

Edited by tonfa

Adding to what Lumi and Cynthia said (or rather, weighing in with my less articulate and less specific approach) I basically just start off using everybody and then bench and add characters as I please (i.e. if Kolbane starts to suck, he gets benched. If I get someone new I'll use them till I feel like I don't want to anymore.)

Maybe if you are willing/are qualified to do our homework for us sure

Just on my end I had midterms and like 2 projects due and I imagine astra and amelia have a ton of school shit dropped on them as well