Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I was more referring to the fact that DoF's stats are inflated and I suppose the new patch would make weapons inflated too (why not just do an overall decrease of stats?)

oh and I just tried to access the growths/bases spreadsheet link in the OP and it directed me to an empty page, I wonder if anyone else if having the same problem?

If you mean the stat calc by eclipse I have no clue, it's hosted on the public portion of my dropbox so there shouldn't be issues since I didn't touch it and it works fine for me

Maybe Dropbox was just being stupid when you tried to access it?

Edited by Ezio Auditore da Firenze

no, the stat calc works fine, the spreadsheet is an empty page.

Gabriel has availability and supports on River. . .she's pretty good offensively, and can easily take over his spot if he gets unnecessarily screwed (especially in Speed). Also, why aren't you giving River as much credit for her Speed as Karen?

hm. I guess because staff users don't have to compete for limited experience, and they can get to 20 quickly and reliably, without taking risks that come with setting up to attack, tanking for enemy phase... with Karen vs Gabriel they are competing over finite experience points. 4 points of speed is 4 points of speed but having all your healers at 20 is very simple to do, compared to babying River to the degree you have to.

It's also the fact that once I promote magic users they are on staff duty foremost, to gain exp and wexp that they wouldn't otherwise, while the rest of the force handles the fighting during player and enemy phase. So 4 speed for Karen or River isn't nearly as important to me as 4 speed for, say, Garath, Kanus, or Juan.

I also don't play with supports; makes the game too easy.

Spreadsheet probably got taken offline because people kept on editing it

It originally contained the stat calculator but people can't seem to keep their editing within 3 specified boxes as detailed in the readme, fucking people can't follow simple instructions

You can get the growths by doing some simple math from the stat calc page anyway

Agro if you want everyone's growths just say something on skype i'll give you a screenshot lol

hm. I guess because staff users don't have to compete for limited experience, and they can get to 20 quickly and reliably,

a lot of people would disagree. in my personal experience, lia was consistently the lowest leveled unit on the team.

a lot of people would disagree. in my personal experience, lia was consistently the lowest leveled unit on the team.

You probably play for ranks and low turn counts and such. I've seen you doing stuff over the past few years.

I don't play for low turn counts, but I'm also in the 'slow growth healers' camp. I think the problem is that they only tend to get ten or so exp a turn from the basic Heal staff, or 15ish from a Mend. That's all they get, because they can't exactly counterattack during the enemy phase (well, Do5 priests and sisters can, so Lia's the only one in Do5 who falls under this). Hence, around 7 - 10 turns to level up, at best. Not helpful for letting them keep up with more combat orientated classes.

...But this happens with virtually all FE staff spammers, so I'm taking the matter no further.

(I did get Lia to 20/1 by the end of Ch. 14, but it took a whole lot of work. Even I start thinking about promoting earlier than lv. 20 with Troubadours).

Edited by Wayward Winds

I don't play for low turn counts, but I'm also in the 'slow growth healers' camp. I think the problem is that they only tend to get ten or so exp a turn from the basic Heal staff, or 15ish from a Mend. That's all they get,

Unless they changed something in one of the more recent patches that I haven't gotten around to downloading, pretty sure it's closer to 17exp from Heal and 22exp from Mend.

and i honestly have never gotten any healer over level 10 on any of my runs of this game

actually i'm pretty sure my healers don't get over 10 in typical FE runthroughs either

Personally I never get my healers to level 20 except in Shadow Dragon sometimes. They just fall behind in stats and movement otherwise. I do usually manage to get them into the 12-14 range though.

About raising hit on weapons - will that apply to the majority of weapons (ie iron/steel/silver varieties) or just to the enemy-only weapons?

Pretty sure dancer/bard have more important things to be doing than letting your healer spam staves...

Was intended to dismiss, not invalidate, yours.

in the context of an argument, the two are just about the same thing.

We play the game differently so your experience isn't something worth arguing about.

and what does that make your experience?

I play casual, my healers don't get up to level 10 either.

At the end of the day its all about the players preference. I prefer my sages healing because they can shoot fireballs if they get attacked.

I guess I don't know what efficient play means then

You asked a few questions I didn't answer because they only matter if we do not agree on the fact that playing for rank or ltc is different than playing casually. I dismissed your opinion because you do not play casually, but I do. You didn't seem to want to argue casual balance because an item in your argument suggested you had no casual play experience (low level healers), and I don't want to argue balance using other rules.

Except a lot of other people in the thread who are casual players also do not have high-levelled healers?

And don't make assumptions either just because dondon never documents a casual run doesn't mean he has no experience with them