Fire Emblem: Dream of Five

AstraLunaSol

We did nerf the enemies that would be coming out in the next patch, and the difficulty level before was hanging around (+/- a few degrees depending on chapter) FE6HM which has been done on 0 growths. So I don't think it's impossible to do it. Just spam Furet even more than usual, really, with everyone else just finish and clean up after him.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How badly have the enemies been nerfed? Obviously it's your guys' game, but I only ever found the enemies an issue in chapter 3, or whatever it was. And that was more about quantity than quality, and the fact that without a healer I felt as if I was spamming potions.

Oh and the fog of war chapter with Gabriel. That one may have needed a nerf. =X

Edited by Aethereal

Only a little. 3 and 5 got the biggest nerf since they're by far the most reported bitch chapters. It's by no means a cakewalk game like the non-HHMs of FE7 and all of FE8 after this nerf, but I can safely put the difficulty below FE6HM now.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Oh come on, 0% games are not that hard. You're giving me too much credit.

I'm not sure I'd have the patience for it. I had enough problems when my characters were leveling badly.

If you have an early healer, it would make it much easier, most of the difficulty early on was from having to rely on EP's to do most of your damage.

I think there were some points where reinforcements were just overwhelmingly outnumbering a group with a single durable unit.

I'm really grateful for the healer either way, though.

DreamOfFive_01.pngDreamOfFive_02.pngDreamOfFive_03.png

More graphics since I'm waiting for scripts.

Nice and fresh, but I just dislike what the weapon icons are resting on, the steel colored background. I just dislike the fact that it was trimmed and made slimmer( the physical weapons look compatible), but the Magic Icons IMO just don't blend well. The Wind Icon on the other hand just looks so beastly that I can put up with the other "irritants" . Either way it's a nice improvement; just have issues on the way the magic elements are set upon the steel background shape, but the staff fits fine with the new shape.

Overall, I like.

Edited by CorruptDruid

Will there be canto in this game?

Oh come on, 0% games are not that hard. You're giving me too much credit.

Easy for you to say! you're just a really good tactician. It also doesn't help that n00b characters are among my most favorite ;w;

I played the hack recently and I really think there should be more characters in the early game. If you let anyone die in the first few chapters, you're basically screwed. I know the hardcore FE mentality is to let everyone live, but it just makes for a more constraining experience when you're constantly reloading because you didn't make the best decisions tactics wise.

Also on the topic of bugs, I'm sure someone's mentioned it already, but some of the reinforcements and enemies give no experience when killed. That's pretty awful.

Edited by Refa

If this

... Go on?

Anyway, you get that cleric as seen earlier.

Also on the topic of bugs, I'm sure someone's mentioned it already, but some of the reinforcements and enemies give no experience when killed. That's pretty awful.

Not a bug. Pretty sure the amount of them are being reduced, at that.

Edited by Furetchen

Intentional.

I don't think enemies have the hacked Canto in their AI, so it wouldn't really be fair.

Enemies don't have rescue or trade in their AI either, part of the fun of fire emblem is you can beat a stronger army with tactics. And the canto AI in RD/Por seemed kinda random, though I guess enemies did become a little bit more annoying to kill when they were farther away.

Intentional.

I like this idea, in that farming kills doesn't get you anything, and efficiency becomes more for everyone rather than just the hard core. Though I did think early v3.0 was pretty damn difficult.

Edited by deranger

I'd say the no EXP thing harms the game because stopping people from farming doesn't make it a more enjoyable experience, and there are the chapters where masses of reinforcements come your way and you get nothing for killing them (even if you're not farming). It also kind of misses the point of what "EXP" represents. Your character gets stronger for enemies that he/she kills, and it makes no sense when your character gains none for killing reinforcements. It's also arbritary, because the player has no idea what enemy gives or doesn't give EXP, and it comes across as a glitch the first time playing because FE doesn't do that. A better way to achieve the same effect would be to drastically reduce the EXP output when you're higher than the enemies level (maybe 3 exp per hit and 7 per kill). It would achieve the same effect whilst working within the parameters of the game. Also it would make it easier to balance enemies accordingly instead of wondering if the player has got a level 20 Ilanice (sorry about probably spelling her name wrong). This helps discourage farming without forcing the player to wonder whether or not enemy X will give EXP or not.

Enemies don't have rescue or trade in their AI either, part of the fun of fire emblem is you can beat a stronger army with tactics. And the canto AI in RD/Por seemed kinda random, though I guess enemies did become a little bit more annoying to kill when they were farther away.

Canto enemies worked quite well in FE4 though.

I'd say the no EXP thing harms the game because stopping people from farming doesn't make it a more enjoyable experience,

This is completely subjective, and I think the point was to make it so that the player can't trivialize the challengers found later in the game by farming reinforcements for EXP early on.

A better way to achieve the same effect would be to drastically reduce the EXP output when you're higher than the enemies level (maybe 3 exp per hit and 7 per kill).

I'm pretty sure that it would require ASM hacking to change the EXP formula like this.

I completely support making all reinforcements yield 0 EXP, by the way. It makes it easier to figure out which enemies don't yield EXP. In exchange, I'd like it if enemies in the game weren't level 1 forever in order to compensate for losses in EXP gain from empty reinforcements.

Edited by dondon151