Fire Emblem Forever (status: dead?)

Krad

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of those guesses so far are right. The thief has some importance in the chapter, but it is completely optional to battle him.

And the usual screen-per-post thing.

v3kn4i.png

Divine has a cool effect.

Okay, I don't even know anymore.

I'm just gonna wait till the patch.

That's a lot of waiting, then. I still need to do about 4 more chapters (without including chapter 5) before I release the next patch.

DragonSlayer as the icon... just... no.

Want me to make you an icon? :awesome:

The Wyrmslayer icon is just a placeholder. I made one, though it hasn't been inserted yet, and it's not really good. If you want to take a shot at it, feel free to do so. The only real requirement is that the blade must be green.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't really had much time to work on this lately, though I did go through the game again to fix errors, add some missing palettes and buff/weaken some characters.

I did also make some progress on C5:

nz55eb.jpg15wf02p.png

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi. After much time where I either didn't work on this due to other doing other things, or just not wanting to work on it, I finished Chapter 5. A few pics to tease.

r9eb7q.png9umdq9.pnginzdzl.png

2lsxjpf.png315zgo1.png2dw94w8.png

It was a complete hell getting it done, but at the very least you can get an hour at the very least of gameplay on this single chapter (and that's the time I take, people who aren't aware of reinforcements or other things can take even longer).

Now to move on to the next chapters, which are thankfully much shorter, which means they won't take MONTHS to get done (sure, I could have finished this much earlier, but I'm lazy).

Is that a new Bow Knight battlesprite? If so, it's nice, but the lower tunic seems kinda... I dunno, rectangular? It may've worked on the Sniper, but the guy's sitting on a horse and it looks weird.

If it's just the nomad's unedited legs, well, uh, nevermind. But still, nice to see this is alive.

Hooray, Krad's back!

I don't see the mage sister trio in the mass of mages, only one which I can assume is Linda Tinny.

Now here's a question (If someone already asked I'm sorry). Are you going to find out how to raise the HP cap to 80? Because looking at everyone's current MHP makes me think that everyone (except maybe Patty) will cap at 60.

Edited by Darros

It's still incredibly awesome either way. Thanks for putting some work back into the project :)

I can't fucking wait to play with Lester

Thanks.

Is that a new Bow Knight battlesprite? If so, it's nice, but the lower tunic seems kinda... I dunno, rectangular? It may've worked on the Sniper, but the guy's sitting on a horse and it looks weird.

If it's just the nomad's unedited legs, well, uh, nevermind. But still, nice to see this is alive.

It's just the normal nomad sprite. Probably looks like that due to my poor palette choice with Lester (I'll change it sometime).

Cool, this chapter looks great.

Thanks.

Hooray, Krad's back!

I don't see the mage sister trio in the mass of mages, only one which I can assume is Linda Tinny.

Now here's a question (If someone already asked I'm sorry). Are you going to find out how to raise the HP cap to 80? Because looking at everyone's current MHP makes me think that everyone (except maybe Patty) will cap at 60.

The mage sisters aren't in this chapter so I don't overload the player (You're already fighting about 6 bosses). However, this doesn't mean they won't appear at all. Remember that in the original FE4 they appeared in 2 chapters. About the HP cap, I don't know if that is possible right now, but if it is, I'll add it.

And just for shits and giggles.

15cbpg7.png

inb4 why is tinny pink

Oh yes, I forgot. I'm in need of people who can make mugs in the FE5 style. If you can help, please say so.

Edited by Krad

• 2 weeks later...

Yo Krad, cool to see a hack like this going around. To be honest just porting/updating mugs would have been IMHO a better option for FE4 advance, so I congratulate your thinking. My only complaint of your graphical choice regarding all mugs is that the speech bubble seems too high up for all heads. Since everyone is like 2 tiles shorter than the maximum of FE7's height, it just stands out.

Would you want an ASM hack to lower the speech bubble in two tiles in all conversations? I could do it and send you a patch if you are interested.(And if this is still on-going obviously)

Edited by Ryrumeli

• 4 weeks later...

Woohoo, I can finally update this! Here's a small teaser for Chapter 6.

mbtkwp.pngmq8bb.png262v8zp.png288tuso.png

And also, the things that happen when you are betatesting.

[spoiler=kempf.mp4]

Yo Krad, cool to see a hack like this going around. To be honest just porting/updating mugs would have been IMHO a better option for FE4 advance, so I congratulate your thinking. My only complaint of your graphical choice regarding all mugs is that the speech bubble seems too high up for all heads. Since everyone is like 2 tiles shorter than the maximum of FE7's height, it just stands out.

Would you want an ASM hack to lower the speech bubble in two tiles in all conversations? I could do it and send you a patch if you are interested.(And if this is still on-going obviously)

Sorry for not answering earlier, since it is just a thing of mine not to post without an update of some sort. But yes, if you could do that hack for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

i havent read through all the pages in here yet so idk if u have said it or not. but if this is just a remake of the 2nd gen, i was wonderin if my fave character Linda would be available to play? i vastly prefer her to teeny. PLS =C

I'm using only the children characters. Sorry.