Oh. My. Effing. God.

Sounds like you're in the wrong college.

nah, I just have low bullshit tolerance.

Maybe you should go to college before defending it so much.

This is one of the better schools for Computer Science out there. And I'm too lazy to do anything if I don't go to school, so eh.

I like to gain knowledge of the things I want to know about, see. It's not brainwashed by society if it's actually an intrinsic drive. I'm not in love with Calculus because it's expected of my Asianess. I love calculus because I enjoy knowing about the mathematic principles and what not. Same principle.

good, that's the only reason you should go to college. Just sounded from your OP that you were more into the name of the school.

Edited by Pikachu

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Er, thanks, Lumi. . .

I graduated from my state college. My major was something my college wasn't the absolute best at, but I learned plenty regardless. It's all a matter of how much effort you put behind that piece of paper.

good, that's the only reason you should go to college. Just sounded from your OP that you were more into the name of the school.

CMU is my top choice for the reason of having both a great Computer Science program and a great art program, whereas most of the other schools I applied to... has one but not the other.

And I can still take art courses despite not being able to major in it. So why not?

I'm 18. Been to one for a year.

You're clearly doing it wrong then because University is FUCKING AWESOME.

Edit: Also GJ Lumi. University is like sex. Once you get it you just want moar n moar.

Edited by VanguardRaven

You're clearly doing it wrong then because University is FUCKING AWESOME.

Edit: Also GJ Lumi. University is like sex. Once you get it you just want moar n moar.

How do I do it right?

How do I do it right?

Go to all your classes, take notes, read what you need to and a little more, talk to your classmates, talk to your professors, and try not to keep your TA in the chemistry lab until 8:00 PM because your experiment produced unexpected results.

How do I do it right?

Most people consider University to be one of the best times of their lives. You're paying money and stuff, but seriously who gives a shit?

I suppose it depends how you go about it. I've moved away from home and surviving with my student loans and grants during term times, which is like 2/3 of the year. My mother gives me fuck all; I'm lucky (and am greatful that) she isn't asking me to pay for the weeks that I am at home during the breaks.

My Grandparents are paying for tuition fees as opposed to me taking out a student loan to pey for them.

But with the money I receive, I gotta pay for living expenses, the house I live in, the bills, etc.

Edited by VanguardRaven

Most people consider University to be one of the best times of their lives.

You have to admit, if someone doesn't have the same common interests as most "college kids" (parties, getting drunk, parties, clubs, parties, getting drunk, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, oral sex while drunk at a party) it might not be such a great thing. Plus it's not like you have to be at a college or university to do that, this just so happens to be the first time most people are on their own away from home in a new place with lots of people their age.

Good job though Lumi, go do math!

You have to admit, if someone doesn't have the same common interests as most "college kids" (parties, getting drunk, parties, clubs, parties, getting drunk, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex, oral sex while drunk at a party) it might not be such a great thing. Plus it's not like you have to be at a college or university to do that, this just so happens to be the first time most people are on their own away from home in a new place with lots of people their age.

Good job though Lumi, go do math!

The fact that I'm living away from my shitty little hometown is a major plus to me alone, haha.

Hooray!!! Congratulations! =]

I'm excited for when I go to college this fall because I'm going there to learn what I love to learn about! And they have the perfect graduation program that goes more specifically into what I love learning more than others!! If you go for the career you really love then college would definitely seem like a great experience in life. Although tuition and whatnot definitely isn't a very happy thing to think about because it seems as if the good ones are the expensive ones... (though I'm going to a good one next school year and it's not as expensive when compared to my other colleges)