"Bridge over Troubled Water" – 4:48

"50 Ways to Leave Your Lover" – 4:23

"The Boxer" – 6:02

"Old Friends / Bookends Theme" – 2:57

"The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)" – 2:01

"The Sounds of Silence" – 4:13

Wikipedia is a wonderful thing.

Alright, time to deal with the backlog!

Kick Axe (and to a lesser extent Iron Maiden, most of the shit I say about one will be the same as I say about the other):

It's metal.

Alright, there's a bit more to it than that, but that's my general impression. Specifically, it's metal with vocals I can handle, but it's not symphonic metal or anything like that. In general, I'm not a huge fan of death metal or the like, largely because of the vocals, and I tend to really like symphonic metal. However, other types of metal or hard rock, from power metal to glam metal to whatever. But as for this stuff I shall go on! The Kick Axe album was pretty fun overall, I liked it. It's not something I would listen to just to here it, it's not something I'd listen to examine or get into or anything, but I certainly enjoyed it. It's definitely the type of music I could listen to while doing other things, and my foot definitely started to tap. So I guess my verdict is that I enjoyed it, but that's about it. I dunno how I feel about the heavy glam rock/glam metal influence. In a way I dislike them, and in another way I like them.

I felt pretty much the same thing about Seventh Son of a Seventh Son really. I'd already listened to a fair amount of Iron Maiden, so it wasn't exactly new to me either. They did have a lot more of some metal element than Kick Axe, but as I said in my Kick Axe thing, I can't really say whether that's good or bad. What I will say I like about Iron Maiden is their excellent, almost classical music writing in some of their songs. I've always found when listening to them that they, more than many other bands, really seem similar at a musical level to my preferred metal genre. Particularly songs like Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (the song, not the album).

Revan-kun 8)

I'm way too busy these days, but I'll just say, Iron Maiden is great and that album is pretty good, though I prefer their earlier works (like their eponymous debut album). I'll listen to the other stuff later when I get some time and write out my thoughts, really!

Okay, how the fuck did I miss this thread for over 2 weeks. 9___________6

Sign me up, will probably listen to stuff... whenever I feel like it, idk. Have heard some of it, can't be assed to review it at the moment, whatever.

If nobody minds, I'll go ahead and put up an album...

1154-the-bravery.jpg

You will have to find the fifth song, 'Give In' on your own, because I couldn't find it on Youtube. After that though I got it all on one playlist and included the bonus song from the Japanese release. (It's the same thing as the bonus track on the other CD releases, only it's a duet instead).

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=EBEEF661676630E8

Edited by SirBrickingtonCrushworthy

Okay, so I've listened to the Flophouse Sessions about 10-15 times now, and I have to say I really like it. The only song that wasn't fantastic was "Like Hares They Mistook Confidence for Capacity" (track 4). I don't really know what else to say. It was just excellent overall.

I haven't had a chance to get Challengers yet, but hopefully I will have time this weekend to give it some listening.

Protip: Do your part and review the music other people put up so we can move along. This thread in the last page or so has quickly deteriorated into mostly a "I don't have time to review this thread" or anything. It just helps to move this along when people give their opinions on the music so we know that SOMEONE has been listening.

"Fearless" is an awesome music video.

This band is kind of good. I don't like Sam Endicott's singing; I feel like he ruins the music to a small degree. :/

Favorites: An Honest Mistake, Swollen Summer

Dislikes: PSA, Out of Line

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Just to let you know, his last name is 'Endicott', and to be honest with you I think his vocals are a hit-miss. (It's mostly this particular album though; I don't know if it's just me but he seems to find his niche in their albums after this one).

He also doesn't have a faux hawk or wear creepy leather either.

These guys are my favorite band anyway, in part because I love this odd hybrid of Goth Rock and Electronic. Well, their second album is more pure goth-rock and then their third album actually feels more like Depeche Mode rather than The Cure or Joy Division. To be fair though their first album had quite a few tracks that I think would qualify as B-sides at this point, but I think The Ring Song, Honest Mistake, and 8] Rites of Spring are awesome.

Edited by SirBrickingtonCrushworthy

I liked the first one. But I didn't like the guys voice at first.

The second one not so much. Then when the third one came on I thought it was the first one again. The beginnings sound similar.

Yeah the guys voice ruins "Fearless," the music is actually really good but the vocals...not so much. "Out of line" stood out in a good way.

Overall they are decent but not my type of music really.

I need to get caught up on things, but to keep this from stagnating more,

Selected Ambient Works 85-92

by Aphex Twin

Aphex_Twin-Selected_Ambient_Works_85-92.jpg

Track Listing:

2. Tha

3. Pulsewidth

4. Ageispolis

5. I

6. Green Calx

7. Heliosphan

8. We Are The Music Makers

9. Schottkey 7th Path

10. Ptolemy

11. Hedphelym

12. Delphium

13. Actium

Just follow the recommended videos for the next song.

Edited by WeaponsofMassConstruction

Not exactly what I was expecting (I don't know what I was expecting either actually but that's irrelevant). For either of the two on this page. I liked them both well enough, but I kinda didn't like the eighth Bravery song. I guess I just liked the other ones more, not that it was bad. Everything else was pretty great.

Second album, I couldn't find I (maybe I missed it?), and I've listened up to the ninth one otherwise. I like it. Definitely something I could listen to more.

My turn? huh?

Cool.

So, Dropkick Murphys: The Meanest of Times

Dkm-meanest_of_times.jpg

Should be easily found by torrent on Google.

Here's a list of the music in the album:

"Famous For Nothing" – 2:47

"God Willing" – 3:16

"The State of Massachusetts" – 3:52

"Tomorrow's Industry" – 2:19

"Echoes on "A." Street" – 3:17

"Vices and Virtues" – 2:11

"Surrender" – 3:15

"(F)lannigan's Ball" (Traditional, Dropkick Murphys) – 3:39

"I'll Begin Again" – 2:38

"Fairmount Hill" (Traditional, Dropkick Murphys) – 3:58

"Loyal to No One" – 2:25

"Shattered" – 2:47

"Rude Awakenings" – 3:23

"Johnny, I Hardly Knew Ya" (Traditional, Dropkick Murphys) – 3:54

"Never Forget" – 2:51

Oh DKMs I remember them, oh wait the 2 songs I can actually remember aren't on there, bad times.

Not exactly what I was expecting (I don't know what I was expecting either actually but that's irrelevant). For either of the two on this page. I liked them both well enough, but I kinda didn't like the eighth Bravery song. I guess I just liked the other ones more, not that it was bad. Everything else was pretty great.

Second album, I couldn't find I (maybe I missed it?), and I've listened up to the ninth one otherwise. I like it. Definitely something I could listen to more.

Unconditional? Really? Generally that's considered one of the best tracks on the album...

Unconditional? Really? Generally that's considered one of the best tracks on the album...

Is it? I dunno, I preferred some of the others, in particular the first two. Guess that's just me.

The Meanest of Times! Oh, I know this one pretty well. In fact, you picking this brought me to only 3 to choose from, Seph. :o: Around... two years back when we went up to Massachusetts? Three? W/e, we met Ken Casey there, and he was a really nice guy. We won a raffle that included a scarf and that CD too.

(scarf)

Anyways, I liked that album the first time I heard it and that hasn't changed. I'm Irish myself, so it's pretty neat to hear an all Irish band, and they're good songs in and of themselves, though I had to listen to a few to remember them. I approve, Seph.

• 2 weeks later...