Rumor - next Fire Emblem tenatively announced

Celice

I don't know...it kind of makes sense since Radiant Dawn was one of the first games known for the Wii. And by that I mean that I mean they showed scenes from it during that Wii video at E3 when the Wii was announced. It wouldn't be surprising at all to see a new FE as one of the earlier games released/planned for the new system. I don't know exact numbers but I can guess FE9 and 10 each sold better than FE11 so maybe they decided they'd rather work on a new FE then waste time and money translating FE12 which they don't believe will sell good in U.S. But thats just a crazy guess.

FE11 out sold both FE9 and FE10, but more people own the DS when compared to the other two. In Japanese sales alone, FE12 has almost reached 300k which is pretty good for a game only released in one country (I generally consider 400k or more sales world wide to be a game that sold well).

Legend of Paper Zelda? I thought The Wind Waker was already sort of paper-ish. Hmm...

I haven't much hope for a Seisen remake, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a remake of Gaiden. It seemed kind of odd to me that Nintendo would remake Monshou and skip Gaiden entirely.

I wonder what the setting is going to be like....hopefully not generic fantasy medieval.

I'd wager more people care what continent it will be based in rather than the setting.

Even if the list is fake, it doesn't mean a new FE is not going to be announced.

But it doesn't mean it will be announced. It's just needlessly putting peoples' hopes up.

If you're going to believe a new FE is coming, there are much better reasons like IS/the FE series has been quiet for so long (outside of DSiWare and Paper Mario 3D) or you expect a new FE to come out soon after the release of the Wii 2 (just like in FE10's case).

BTW, the NeoGAF member who originally posted the list was banned from the forum. If that didn't send any warning signals...

Edited by VincentASM

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/86146/rumour-project-cafe-leaked-launch-lineup-and-more/

Has that list (and more) and seems to have sourced NeoGAF/1up.

I wouldn't trust Neogaf if they told me the sky was blue.

BTW, the NeoGAF member who originally posted the list was banned from the forum. If that didn't send any warning signals...

This post should be at font size 80. Freaking Neogaf doesn't trust Neogaf. That should give you a clue on how trustworthy this is.

You know what the new system needs besides FE?

A freakin F-Zero game. I mean really. THere hasn't been F-Zero since the Gamecube. Thats just wrong.

But if FE11 had better sells than 9/10 it doesn't make sense for them to not want to translate FE12 and then make a new FE.

But if FE11 had better sells than 9/10 it doesn't make sense for them to not want to translate FE12 and then make a new FE.

The first decision is NOA/NOE's, the second is IS's.

Legend of Paper Zelda. That would be... so... fantastically stupendous and awesome.

... Though, seeing as the guy got banned, I'm probably getting my hopes up. *sighs*

We should have Paper Fire Emblem.

That would mean fire tomes are instant death for every unit since they would all be made of paper. And swords and axes would give.....paper cuts! Can you imagine Marth moving like Paper Mario?

On a more serious note, I have no doubt that they will eventually release a Fire Emblem for 3DS. Whether it's New Mystery or something else is impossible to say at this point, though.

You know what the new system needs besides FE?

A freakin F-Zero game. I mean really. THere hasn't been F-Zero since the Gamecube. Thats just wrong.

This. Actually, I'd say that I want an F-Zero more than an FE...

Anyways, Paper Zelda sounds stupid and makes me doubt pretty much the rest of the list.

Maybe that's the idea...

Quite frankly I want the next Fire Emblem game not to rehash anything else. I'd much rather than all the untranslated games (Aside from 12) get put up on the Virtual Console.

I don't even want story continuations. I WANT A NEW CONTINENT / UNIVERSE / WHATEVER.

I loved the other stories but now I'm looking for something new.....

Anyway, I just hope they take more steps forward with the system... and make it as challenging as Thracia 776. I dunno, but FE5 just did something RIGHT that made it so fun, and naturally I assume it's the difficulty.

god paper zelda? really? that sounds just terrible.

on a side not, i have to say this is BS because there is a Kingdom Hearts Cafe as well, and KH is definitly not going to be on Cafe, and if it is i may kill someone, because thats dumb.

FE11 out sold both FE9 and FE10, but more people own the DS when compared to the other two. In Japanese sales alone, FE12 has almost reached 300k which is pretty good for a game only released in one country (I generally consider 400k or more sales world wide to be a game that sold well).

One must note that FE3 is THE FE in Japan.

I call BS on this list, and before anyone posts it, the 4Chan list is provabley BS (Zelda Universe is Zelda.com and has been on the ESRB website for years, Mr. Mushroom was pretty believable before that, if only for listing things that aren't unlikely)

Edited by deuxhero

http://nintendoscene.com/2011/05/15/project-cafe-leaked-games-list/

Launch Games

* Extreme Sports Cafe (New IP, Combines 1080 and Wave Race + Other Sports)

* Pikmin Cafe (Interfaces with Pikmin 3DS)

* Endless Ocean Cafe

* Nintendogs Cafe Kennel (Interfaces with Nintendogs + Cats)

* Mii Explore (New IP, Multiplayer Adventure Game)

Launch Window

* Kirby’s Epic Yarn 2 (Launch Window, Multiplayer)

* Wario Ware Cafe (Launch – Launch Window?)

Future Games

* Super Mario Cafe (Late 2012/Early 2013, Paradigm Shift a la SM64)

* Legend of Paper Zelda (Mid 2012, Paper Mario version of SNES Zelda)

* Fire Emblem Cafe (Late 2012)

* Retro Studios IP (Late 2012, New IP)

* Project Sora IP (New IP)

* Monolith Soft RPG (New IP)

* Miyamoto Game (New IP)

Third Party

Launch Games

* Battlefield 3 (Extra Content)

* Street Fighter X Tekken (Timed Exclusive)

* SSX

* Super Monkey Ball Cafe

* Tony Hawk Cafe

* Ridge Racer Cafe

* Mass Effect 3 (Possibly with ME 1 + 2)

Fake all over.

I just can't see Miyamoto working on two different Pikmins at the same time. I don't see them doing an Epic Yarn 2, and I'd much rather see them going back to the old Kirby that we know and love like they are doing with this newest game. They definitely aren't going to take Zelda into the paper route, give Nintendo all the crap that you want about recycling ideas but I don't believe they'd do something as blatant as that. Where will Zelda go, who knows but it won't be paper. If we hear anything for Monolith, I'd be more expecting news about Xenoblade. And, as mentioned before, isn't Miyamoto's project currently Pikmin 3?

As for third party stuff, a lot of that seems possible but Street Fighter X Tekken being a timed exclusive for the Cafe? Thats pure bullshit right there. I just can't see Capcom or Namco, well maybe Namco, announcing a game for other systems only to come out and say "Oh, also this game is going to be an exclusive on this console that hasn't even released yet".

I wouldn't trust Neogaf if they told me the sky was blue.

This post should be at font size 80. Freaking Neogaf doesn't trust Neogaf. That should give you a clue on how trustworthy this is.

I've just got to ask, why wouldn't you trust NeoGAF?

As for "NeoGAF doesn't trust NeoGAF" that is because they go ahead and ban anyone who posts false information like that. Pretty much, from what I've seen, the only way to get off without a ban for your rumor is for it to have a valid source or if the proof is really damn good. Albeit, I haven't been let in yet but I lurk there a lot.

If we hear anything for Monolith, I'd be more expecting news about Xenoblade.

No, it would be Baten Kaitos 3.

Fake list.

I agree. With Fire Emblem being a "second tier" franchise, I think releasing FE12 and a new FE for the Wii would make more sense and be more successful given the larger install base, then coming out with games on the new systems. IS has not yet developed a FE game for the Wii from the ground up.