(FE6 & 7) Elibe Super Draft

Janissary

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 16: 7/52

I decided to do a second run of this chapter when I realized I could use a trade chain via Merlinus to give Hector and Marcus handaxes on turns 1 and 2. I also made the genius discovery (ok not really) that Marcus can carry Hector around, so I rescued Hector for a turn after the mountains that saved some time in the long run. Eliwood was also more efficently used, so he gained an additional level. He still didn't get any speed, but he did get 2 RES and 1 DEF. I also used the Dragonshield on Eliwood before the chapter, so he's pretty nice. Too bad he can't hurt... anything.

HectorChap16-1.pngEliwoodChap16-1.pngMarcusChap16-1.png

Chapter 18: 10/62

I feel Horace's pain about Lucius this chapter... Raven cause me similar slow down issues. He's too great to miss though. I can't wait to get Canas to support him next chapter. I pretty much just charged up the middle with Hand Axes. Marcus carried Hector when able and Eliwood cleaned up kills. He continues to steadfastly refuse to be an offensive player, but he grew yet another point of RES, so I guess he's a dedicated mage killer now? I got the Light Rune from Caelin. Raven used the Goddess Icon from Erk immediately following the chapter.

HectorChap17.pngEliwoodChap17.pngMarcusChap17.pngSerraChap17.png

Edited by Janissary

My first update for a GBA draft.

Chapter 6-1: 6/6

Turn 1 I take advantage of the fact that I can Trade with anyone to have Marcus weaken one guy and kill the others on enemy phase with Silver. I took turns 2 and 3 to have Marcus weaken the remainders and then have Roy kill them from Forest cover. With the coast clear Marcus Rescued Roy, dropped him on turn 5 as he parked in front of the boss, and Silver Lance'd that guy to death so Roy could Seize.

Had to pass up the Gold, of course. Sucks, but oh well.

Ch1Roy.pngCh1Marcus.png

Chapter 6-2: 10/16

Marcus gets the Armorslayer while Roy and Merlinus fend off the Soldiers. Roy takes the Fort before Marcus and once they have a clear path they join the rest.

Meanwhile, Lot can't hit a Fort on his first move, so he has to lure the first Fighter away from it and get on one on the next turn.

I wanted this to be 9 turns maximum but Roy was too weak and Lot just can't handle enough. Marcus got the boss kill with the Armorslayer and got Str and Def which, though small, is obviously pretty good for him.

Ch2Archer.png

Boss.

Ch2Roy.pngCh2Marcus.pngCh2Lot.png

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Yeah, FE6 HM is pretty brutal for a draft.

I concur. I only made it to Chapter 9 before I had to restart due to taking penalties I hadn't realized I had taken, so I can't speak for mid/lategame, but the early chapters require lots of patience and perseverance to make it through.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

I concur. I only made it to Chapter 9 before due to taking penalties I hadn't realized I had taken, so I can't speak for mid/lategame, but the early chapters require lots of patience and perseverance to make it through.

Or lots of save states.

I concur. I only made it to Chapter 9 before due to taking penalties I hadn't realized I had taken, so I can't speak for mid/lategame, but the early chapters require lots of patience and perseverance to make it through.

I'm not even convinced there is a way efficiently play Chapter 4.

Or lots of save states.

Save states aren't allowed in that draft, though... And even then, it just feels like Battle Save abuse.

I'm not even convinced there is a way efficiently play Chapter 4.

Yeah, that chapter took quite a bit of figuring out. Rutger made things a lot easier (once he was recruited, obviously), from what I remember.

Check Bal's HHM run from his draft through.

Chapter 17x: 6/68

I messed around with some 5 turn completions comboes, but they always resulted in my Marcus dying since he can't double most of the units. I got Canas and the Lancereaver. Canas got 3 KOs and Raven got some easy XP.

RavenChap17x.pngCanasChap17x.png

Edited by Janissary

Someone once posted a video doing HHM Ch 11 in 7 turns with just Hector, I think it was Horace. Anyone know where it is?

I just whipped

up real quick. (The recording job is sloppy and it shows.) If Matt isn't allowed to steal, which I believe is the case in this draft, he doesn't need to on the final turn, but it just goes to show he can.

Hector's levels here are kind of shitty, but perhaps a slightly modified version would work too. The most vital thing is the (guaranteed due to RNG) crit vs the Archer. I don't know how well fairs the south passage.

The South Passage requires the burning of one RN on turn 7 with Matthew after Hector attacks Wire so Wire misses Hector on EP. Other than that, it's good to go in 7.

Edited by Janissary

I just whipped

up real quick. (The recording job is sloppy and it shows.) If Matt isn't allowed to steal, which I believe is the case in this draft, he doesn't need to on the final turn, but it just goes to show he can.

Hector's levels here are kind of shitty, but perhaps a slightly modified version would work too. The most vital thing is the (guaranteed due to RNG) crit vs the Archer. I don't know how well fairs the south passage.

Oh, thank you very much, though I actually already tried and did it. I went south and the only RNG burning required (as far as I could tell) was Matthew moving on turn 2 so Hector survived the enemy phase. Hector also needed to heal before reaching Wire. He got three levels and they were all good to very good, so I was quite pleased.

Chapter 18: 3/71

Standard Marcus rush. Florina joined my team to shop for some Door Keys and Vulnerarys. Eliwood hit up the armory for more hand axes and javelins. Canas and Raven beat up on some Pegs. Hector stood in a chokepoint.

EliwoodChap18.png

OMG look at that sexy defense. AND HE FINALLY GOT SPEED!!!

RavenChap18.pngMarcusChap18.png

I realized that if I just say "Chapter 11" and the like you can't know which game I'm playing until you look at something else, so I added something to make it more obvious.

Chapter 7-11: 7/7

I actually didn't find the video for this before just trying it out. I had heard that Hector would get a crappy level up (maybe that was the Matthew/west version?), but all of his seemed pretty good for me, and the only "abuse" required, as far as I could tell, was moving Matthew on turn 2 to burn an RN so Hector would live.

Obviously did not spend 4 turns on the Red Gem.

Ch11Hector.png

Chapter 7-12: 6/13

Marcus got the Secret Book for money, though it may have cost me a turn. Oh well. Hector and Oswin handled the north while Marcus got the south. Hector got the boss kill.

Ch12Hector.pngCH12Marcus.pngCH12Oswin.png

Chapter 7-13: 7/20

Oswin broke down the Snag to let Marcus and Hector through, then fended off enemies from the east. Visiting the Torch Village cost me nothing (as far as I could tell) because Marcus needed to kill a Pegasus Knight from that position and there was nothing else he needed the next player phase for (Hector broke the next Snag). Luckily Guy moved, which was a big help towards recruiting him, and he even got some experience. I also bought plenty of Hand Axes and a couple Javelins after some selling.

Ch13Hector.pngCh13Marcus.pngCh13Oswin.pngCh13Guy.png

Chapter 7-13x: 8/28

This map is pretty easy when you have Oswin (and Guy) and take a page out of dondon's book. Getting the 5k and clearing without a penalty was no trouble at all. Guy got some good levels, too. I'm so happy that my units seem to be doing quite well on levels in a run that really matters.

Oh, and Marcus is almost at A Axes. That's what I've been focusing on.

13xHector.png13xMarcus.png13xOswin.png13xGuy.png

Edited by Red Fox of Fire

Chapter 19: 4/75

In the most epic of epic EP counters, Marcus, who was set to get doubled by Uhai's Killing Edge dodged the first hit, and then CRITTED UHAI with his Horseslayer for ownage. I was estatic. WOO!

Strategy was basic. Rush Marcus, don't die, chip some XP.

HectorChap19.pngEliwoodChap19.pngMarcusChap19.png

SerraChap19.pngRavenChap19.pngCanasChap19.png

Eliwood is coming into form. Canas isn't looking bad. Raven is... Raven. Serra hasn't missed any magic yet.

Edited by Janissary

In the most epic of epic EP counters, Marcus, who was set to get doubled by Uhai's Killing Edge dodged the first hit, and then CRITTED UHAI with his Horseslayer for ownage. I was estatic. WOO!

Unless you used up your Silver Lance, your Marcus 2HKOs Uhai and doesn't get doubled. With slightly better hit too, I might add.

Unless you used up your Silver Lance, your Marcus 2HKOs Uhai and doesn't get doubled. With slightly better hit too, I might add.

I used it up, which is why I was using the Horse Slayer. I loaded up a save state and burned an RN so he wouldn't crit and learned that Uhai only had 39 displayed hit anyway, so the miss wasn't a big deal.

FE6 sucks.

Chapter 7-14: 6/34

Marcus charges. Hector goes north and gets the Iron Blade. Guy goes south and shops. Oswin stays behind.

14Hector.png14Marcus.png14Oswin.png14Guy.png

Chapter 7-15: 8/42

Easy stuff. Guy handled the northern chokepoint, Hector handled the west, Oswin and Marcus went south with Priscilla and Marcus killed the boss. Got both Mend and Silver Axe.

Marcus and Hector really like Spd this run, but Marcus doesn't like Str.

15Hector.png15Marcus.png15MarcusW.png15Oswin.png15Guy.png15Priscilla.png

Chapter 7-16: 6/48

Sent Marcus and Hector across the mountains. Marcus Rescued Hector on turn 4 and dropped on turn 5 in front of the boss with the Wolf Beil for a turn 6 Seize. Oswin, Guy, and Priscilla made sure to get the Red Gem while Wil shopped.

16Hector.png16Marcus.png16Oswin.png16Guy.png16Priscilla.png

Meh, I've never been a huge fan on Marcus with an S rank in axes. If he doesn't proc speed a few times, wielding the Hand Axe causes him to miss doubling on a lot of enemies (especially mid-game.)