The office

Fenrir

The Office is pretty lame.

If you are talking about the English Office, I may actually have to physically injure someone.

If American, from what I heard, the first few episodes were shit and then it grew its own character and became about as good. I haven't seen it, though.

First season was a rehash of season one of the English one. Seasons 2-4 were fantastic, Season 5 was ok at best, season 6 and 7 were lame... and then when Michael Scott left it got really fucking hilarious. That's how I view the office. Parks and Recreation Season 2 was way better than Season 6 and 7.

The Office is pretty lame.

NO! your pretty lame!

If American, from what I heard, the first few episodes were shit and then it grew its own character and became about as good. I haven't seen it, though.

It's awesome, look it up on Hulu.

First season was a rehash of season one of the English one. Seasons 2-4 were fantastic, Season 5 was ok at best, season 6 and 7 were lame... and then when Michael Scott left it got really fucking hilarious. That's how I view the office. Parks and Recreation Season 2 was way better than Season 6 and 7.

I get the seasons blurred, but I'm pretty sure that your absolutely right. 2-4 were the best, but the others are still better than ok and bad.

Edited by Fenrir

I personally think I would like the British version more since I loved Garth Marenghi's Dark Place so fucking much, but from what I saw of the American version it wasn't too bad (usually).

Dark Place will probably always be my favorite thing out of Britannia though

aside from the ladies, but those are my favorite thing out of anywhere

Edited by Obviam

I have watched it before... but i don't get the point of it... The only reason i watch it because nothing really happens at least not for most of the time... and that somehow keeps me reeled in... its weird..

I have watched it before... but i don't get the point of it... The only reason i watch it because nothing really happens at least not for most of the time... and that somehow keeps me reeled in... its weird..

Thats what makes these shows so great, seinfeld and the office, theres no point. just funny

creatively getting to the hospital <3

Weird, this topic has just made me realise that my favourite sitcoms all have a colour in the title:

Black Books, Green Wing, Red Dwarf, BlackAdder.

I don't watch much of The Office, but the little bit of the American I've seen...good stuff, but sometimes over my head.

These days every bit of it would probably be funny, but only because I've entered into a low humor mode of thinking.

(Which is unfortunate for one who was once able to, in many situations, distinguish between the high and the low according to his preference or meld them).

Weird, this topic has just made me realise that my favourite sitcoms all have a colour in the title:

So many people try and get me to bite at bait these days. I really should stay off of Serenes Forest...

One of my friends watched some of Black Adder with me. He was a cool guy. I'm not sure I really feel like watching TV as a series right now though.

Edited by Loki Laufeyjarson

I stopped watching after Steve Carrell left =/

So you didn't watch all of... two episodes.

I thought the one where they were trying to find a new branch manager was fucking hilarious. I didn't see the one where DeAngelo goes into a coma... i really want to watch that one.

I haven't watched Green Wing but KISS ME

NOW

BE MY BRIDE

...MY OTHER BRIDE

Anyway, a balance of American and British comedies is good. British comedies rarely jump the shark (rarely...fucking Kochanski) but then again if Larry Sanders was British A) Artie wouldn't be Rip Torn and B) it would've ended at Montana with a lot more unlocked potential. Both have their charms, and I would quite like to see the US Office one day.

So you didn't watch all of... two episodes.

I thought the one where they were trying to find a new branch manager was fucking hilarious. I didn't see the one where DeAngelo goes into a coma... i really want to watch that one.

I haven't seen that either. I do like the cake scene with will DeAngelo, really the only lasting memory i got from him on there.