Mafia Headquarters The Third

riariadne

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psych, I would try, if you want. No guarantees, but it's an offer, at least. I do tend to prioritize fun stuff over actual balance, so I might not do a good job.

DBZA mafia is ready for balance check because you do not want to see me doing unchecked game...

1) DBZA is co-hosted by blitz

2) We will also host experimental full game that goes with the name "the rules mafia" for now

Edited by Princess K

Honestly, that list is pretty out of date I'd say. I don't think even I'm personally qualified enough to do it. I play well, I mod less well, I check balance even worse than that.

Edited by Tableskitty

I'd also like for my name to be pulled off of the list. Mostly because I start my military service a week from Sunday and the last thing I want to do on my days off is check the balance of mafia games.

I'll have to try and talk to you tomorrow on IRC, because while I have bits and pieces, actually writing up my thoughts would be very difficult.

You assume that I'm online at times that would make sense. ;/

Hey, Rein, I'm doing something complicated. Add Training Mafia to whatever queue you think best (no, this does not mean I won't argue about your decision later). Everyone who signs up for the game will be added to one of two lists: veteran players, and newer/less experienced/less skilled players. Each role will be a team of two players, one from each list. Basically, so that anyone who's consistently having trouble playing well can get advice on what to do better, while that advice is actually usable, so they can try things out and see the results more easily. I figure this might help with some of the motivation problems around here, too. Let me know if you need any more information.

Player count is... well, I'd like it to be fairly adaptable, based on interest. Starting at 6 roles, I can easily add more if necessary.

Hey, Rein, I'm doing something complicated. Add Training Mafia to whatever queue you think best (no, this does not mean I won't argue about your decision later). Everyone who signs up for the game will be added to one of two lists: veteran players, and newer/less experienced/less skilled players. Each role will be a team of two players, one from each list. Basically, so that anyone who's consistently having trouble playing well can get advice on what to do better, while that advice is actually usable, so they can try things out and see the results more easily. I figure this might help with some of the motivation problems around here, too. Let me know if you need any more information.

Shit, if my situation wasn't fucked up by the army, I'd join that. Sounds nice.

In addition, I do know a way to give advice without taking over.

Edited by Bblader

I'm possibly planning a twenty-person NOC game in the near future. After CM3 and CM4, I've decided that I'm not going to run any more larger games until my time is completely free (and I'm not depressed). I've got an interesting idea for this one, though, and have a bit of the setup already planned.

By the way, Kay, I like your idea. I would be interested in participating.

Edited by Levantamos

Everyone who signs up for the game will be added to one of two lists: veteran players, and newer/less experienced/less skilled players. Each role will be a team of two players, one from each list. Basically, so that anyone who's consistently having trouble playing well can get advice on what to do better, while that advice is actually usable, so they can try things out and see the results more easily. I figure this might help with some of the motivation problems around here, too.

This sounds like an interesting idea. I doubt I'll be able to participate unfortunately, depending on when I'm able to be online consistently, but I'd love to see how it goes.

This sounds like an interesting idea. I doubt I'll be able to participate unfortunately, depending on when I'm able to be online consistently, but I'd love to see how it goes.

OMGYOUEXISTPLEASPLEASEPLEASESTAYWITHUS~!

(in other words, when do you plan on hosting this Training Mafia?)

Player count is... well, I'd like it to be fairly adaptable, based on interest. Starting at 6 roles, I can easily add more if necessary.

I'd definitely join this (as inexperienced if OC, as vet if NOC).

I think you should probably shoot for at least 9 player slots, though. 18 people is pretty steep, but set-ups with less than 9 players tend to end up being forced to have silly things like only one scum or potential LYLO on D2 (or even D1).