Mafia Headquarters The Third

riariadne

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't really check but I want to try co-modding something to get the hang of it

Dude. I have been asking you to come on so we can design the setup for DBZ mafia. (unfortunately we keep forgetting)

Put me on the queue for Spellcard Mafia (21p) since Raymond's second 2hu game isn't happening. Set-up's basically finished already, so.

Edited by Prims

I think we should stop posting games, because if the activity in my game is any indication, there's a lot of people signing up and the forgetting the game exists. That's just bad play.

Okay I want opinions now before I jump in:

For Mystery Mafia, I'm considering cutting down day phases to 24/48 hours with 24 hour night phases. Night talk enabled if 24 hour day phases but disabled if 48 hour dayphases

thoughts?

24 hour day phases sound really short, especially because with timezones and school and stuff, most people would miss half the day phase, and being able to talk at night doesn't really make up for it.

See this is why I'm asking.

Hmmm maybe 48 hour dayphases with nighttalk. That might work.

also wrt activity; it might be because of longer phases, so I'm fiddling with stuff

Edited by Manix

Agreed, 24 hours is too short. Depending on time zones, interactions may be annoyingly one-sided.

Have you guys considered 36 hour nights?

The problem with 36 hour night phases is it can be difficult for hosts to be on at both the AM and PM times for their game, since it basically limits you to updating right when you wake up and then shortly before you go to sleep.

48 hour days is pretty short for NOC imo. I could see 48 hour days and 24 hour nights with nighttalk enabled, I guess.

The problem with 36 hour night phases is it can be difficult for hosts to be on at both the AM and PM times for their game, since it basically limits you to updating right when you wake up and then shortly before you go to sleep.

48 hour days is pretty short for NOC imo. I could see 48 hour days and 24 hour nights with nighttalk enabled, I guess.

Yeah, I figured that might be one major problem with 36 hours. I suppose if one had a co-host in a different enough time zone it would work out, but I suppose it'd get too confusing for everyone after a while.

Hey so I have an idea, I talked it out with people on IRC

the next two weeks I'm going to be swamped with schoolwork and finals. But, I was thinking I would switch my 19-player game on the queue with Chilean Musicians, which is 15 players and onsite, and maybe get signups up in two weeks when I'm done? So instead of hosting Multiple Personalities which is next on the queue, just switch it for the smaller one that seems to have gained more interest and maybe wait until players are less busy? I dunno

I think we should stop posting games, because if the activity in my game is any indication, there's a lot of people signing up and the forgetting the game exists. That's just bad play.

also because this topic popped up on IRC I wanted to address it here as well

I fully agree that we should probably stop posting up games for the time being, because we just had Bizz delay her game because of a lack of interest. The problem lies in that people are just too busy these days (myself included).

I don't think hosts want to find themselves with a half inactive game because people are just too busy. It's really aggravating because hosts put in quite some effort (at least some do) in creating their setups, and to just have an inactive game which is basically a big deterrent to hosting games again.

The general courtesy is to be reasonably active in games that you sign up for. When that doesn't happen, bad blood can start. We don't want that.

The problem can't be solved by throwing more games at it. It won't solve it. So before you suggest it, think about what the problem actually is. The problem is activity. Games require activity. More games will not solve the problem.

I'll wait as long as I have to until activity starts popping back up. I myself probably won't be participating in games otherwise until I get my grades fixed