Original=Always best?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The masses of Metroid fans think it's garbage. And for some of the silliest reasons ever (limited ammo? That's something to complain about?)

Wut. I usually didn't even notice the ammo limit because it's so easy to keep them charged.

Fusion is still my favorite, though. It's one of those games that's no longer even very fun for me to play because I'm just too good at it.

Generation V is superior to any other generation.

Gen 5 was the worse. Other than Krookodile, Bisharp, Hydreigon, Galvantula, Darmanitan, and Volcarona, the Pokemon in that game were terrible. Infinite TMs are nice but the good ones in the previous Gens were available to purchase/tutored. There were no F***ing tutors in B/W. The story was meh, and there was nothing to do after you beat the game. HG/SS are better than B/W.

Gen 5 was the worse. Other than Krookodile, Bisharp, Hydreigon, Galvantula, Darmanitan, and Volcarona, the Pokemon in that game were terrible. Infinite TMs are nice but the good ones in the previous Gens were available to purchase/tutored. There were no F***ing tutors in B/W. The story was meh, and there was nothing to do after you beat the game. HG/SS are better than B/W.

I strongly disagree. Very very strongly disagree. Oh, and you're just wrong.

Edited by Metal King Slime

I like the Gym Leaders. Albeit, in the case of Skyla in particular, not for very deep reasons. Garsh.....I could only imagine Brock being put into Unova!

I just noticed the disturbing lack of Prime 2, which I feel is better than Prime 1 and 3.

I don't know, I really hated having to worry about ammo! Better than 3, though. I didn't like how you basically had to use Hypermode all the time later on in order to kill stuff, which made things a bit boring.

Prime 2 was still good, though. I don't know which I'd consider better out of Prime and Prime 2... probably 2, since some of the levels were really awesome, like the underwater temple and the Sanctuary.

Edited by Anouleth

Gen 5 was the worse. Other than Krookodile, Bisharp, Hydreigon, Galvantula, Darmanitan, and Volcarona, the Pokemon in that game were terrible.

Lol. There are more good Pokemon in this game than you think. Don't knock the "terrible" Pokemon off if you can't use them to their best. Not saying that all are good.

Infinite TMs are nice but the good ones in the previous Gens were available to purchase/tutored. There were no F***ing tutors in B/W.

Lack of tutors isn't much of a loss. At least compared to having to rely on outside HM use often. Gen III and IV were dicks when it came to that; you needed HM slaves or had to brick your desired moveset for some of your Pokemon in your party.

The story was meh, and there was nothing to do after you beat the game. HG/SS are better than B/W.

You're seriously complaining about the story of a Pokemon game? And there's stuff to do after you beat the game. Eastern Unova anyone?

As far as Pokemon games in general go, the story was amazing (considering they actually tried, that's not hard to do). There are 3 entire cities, among other things, to visit after you beat the game, so saying there's nothing is completely and utterly false. What the hell were you playing?

I think that's mentioned a few times, but it's considered that Malachi is the "only one who could have done it" more than anything else. Weak, I know, but the Japanese justice system seems to be really screwed up in those games.

In the beginning, the prosecution is merely unable to believe that anything else could have done it, given a preponderance of the evidence. After that, the prosecution is just doing it's job to chase the tail end of a dream as Apollo takes things away. It's called Turnabout Courtroom for a reason.

It's not weak given what seems to be the preponderance of evidence against him at the start...

Yeah, this is why it never really bothered me. I just wondered why Apollo or anyone else never mentioned that it was physically impossible for Machi to do it, as an argument, but that's all.

lol the best argument ever.

So what? Your "argument" was absolutely pathetic.

Edited by Metal King Slime

I just noticed the disturbing lack of Prime 2, which I feel is better than Prime 1 and 3.

I agree.

I agree as well.

Yeah, this is why it never really bothered me. I just wondered why Apollo or anyone else never mentioned that it was physically impossible for Machi to do it, as an argument, but that's all.

I could have sworn that doubts were expressed but dismissed, but I don't remember the case that well.

@BLS

There is nothing to do in the other cities. Most of the effort went to the main story. Black City is just repeated battles with non challenging trainers, I have Pokemon Black. The Uglydurus trio was just lazyness, where are the three different dogs, birds, etc? Three different palette clones doesn't make them any good. That Ice/Dragon legendary was just ugly and pathetic. There was no battle frontier, the subway was too repetitive and bland, lack of originality. The starters were dumb, how is loosing your legs make you better, Serperior? A third attempt at a Fire/Fighting just killed it, Infernape and Blaziken were great, Emboar was lame. The chimchar clones were bad, Simisage looked alright, the other two didn't, I had Simipour and got rid of him for a better water type. Having something to do after the game like seeing another region to fully finish the game sounds more fun IMO. Chasing a bunch of old guys from Plasma was not. However, the game mechanics of these two was by far the best and smoothest if you want to compare in that point of view, like the C-gear, triple/rotation battles, and gyms.

Edited by JosefLior

Please quote so we know what you're responding to. If you're responding to the entire thread, you COULD be a little more clear, as that would be more considerate.

The whole thread.

I don't feel like there's anything to say about it. Improving on things to make them of high quality is good. Saying something can never be improved upon is untrue and unproductive. Where would we be now if the first computer ever made was the best ever?

The masses of Metroid fans think it's garbage. And for some of the silliest reasons ever (limited ammo? That's something to complain about?)

Well I'm not among those masses. I actually liked 2 better than 3 myself.