RNG: Can't play with it, can't play without it

Mercakete

So is it just my horrible luck or are Killer weapons nerfed in Radiant Dawn? I'm almost to the end and of the 2 Killing Edges i've been using (Zihark and Makalov mostly), they've activated like... 4, maybe 5 times out of 20+ uses between the both of them. Equally crappy luck with Killer Axes/Lances. I have never been able to count on them to kill in a pinch. But of course, the Wo Dao with 10 less critical is proving to be more effective x_x

Edited by Rambo M

The same thing happens with me regarding high-crit weapons, but in any FE game. I have better luck with irons. Theose nearly always crit (ikr?)

It did work to my advantage one time in FE9, though. It was part 1 in ch17 and I was having my little army steadily moving northward. The knight with the killer lance attacked Gatrie who was using an iron lance (I think it war iron; might've been steel.) The killer lance provided a normal attack against Gatrie who then critted against the enemy armor. PHERE MAH IRONS! (i.e., my pal/cav!Amelia almost always crits wherreas my myrms/pegs/zerkers rarely-to-never do. And people wonder why I hate pegs/myrms... They don't dodge reliably either for me. Dodgiest units I have are cavs. Cavs must love me or something.)

So is it just my horrible luck or are Killer weapons nerfed in Radiant Dawn? I'm almost to the end and of the 2 Killing Edges i've been using (Zihark and Makalov mostly), they've activated like... 4, maybe 5 times out of 20+ uses between the both of them. Equally crappy luck with Killer Axes/Lances. I have never been able to count on them to kill in a pinch. But of course, the Wo Dao with 10 less critical is proving to be more effective x_x

I'll just say Killers have seen better days, indeed. I find it better to just sell them in RD.

Oh, and i've scored at least twice as many crits with Wind Edges, at that.

Almost forgot this bit: in 3-9, any attempt I made to have Geoffrey weaken the boss resulted in him getting a fluke critical/OHKO instead. This happened three consecutive times under entirely different circumstances. By that point I was so sick of the chapter (and dumbstruck at how it kept happening) that I gave up. So when he comes back to the party i'm putting the bastard to work collecting dust :(

• 2 months later...

I've had a bad string of RNG bullshit happen to me. Like, in one of my RD playthroughs, Haar ended up getting 3% critted by a Thunder mage and dying in 2-E, forcing me to revert to my last save. Likewise, Kevin was 1% critted by another mage in Chapter 27 in FE9(unlike Haar, he survived.) Also, several units in my NM FE6 playthrough(Alan, Lance, Dieck, Gonzo, and Shin)got defense screwed by 1-3 points. Thank god it was NM, and having below average durability wasn't as punishable.

Then there were times like my Lilina being stupidly speed blessed in my FE6 playthrough. Or Fir, who traded 5 luck for 7 str. Or even Rutgar in my failed playthrough(you know, the one where I arena abused Bors to hell and back)who capped str as a myrm and proceeded to cap it 4 levels later.

I've had a bad string of RNG bullshit happen to me. Like, in one of my RD playthroughs, Haar ended up getting 3% critted by a Thunder mage and dying in 2-E, forcing me to revert to my last save.

Been there, done that, though I think it might have been on 3-3 instead. And then in 3-4, Shinon got critted by a 1% crit by a thunder mage... That playthrough of hard seemed determined to troll me.

Something similar happened to me on FE10 HM, 3-1. I ALMOST finish the chapter and then Ike gets criticaled by a thunder sage. >.<

Cool thing is once I made Garcia cotinuously go into the arena as a hero. For about 6 turns or more, he came out alive after going in with 1 HP.

FE10 HM seems to do a lot in terms of RNG screwage.