Solum's sprites

Solum

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hum I do a double post. To edit a post doesn't inform users of modifications. I would like to delete-post new but I don't know where is the deleting button ! xD

Edited by Solum

• 3 weeks later...

HEY! It's me again!

I followed the cleaning up of the blue-haired girl. So there she come back !

I need help to do the mini portrait. I never knew how to make it good.

579070Cavpgase.png

Lord glenn & Freohr Datia > When you said "darkest shade", did you mean the FE8 border colour?

I also did a new one, who is a FE10 style soldier. But if someone could help me to shade the helmet, it would be nice ! because I don't know how to shade this ^^

560776Soldatbleu.png

The following sprite is a update of the red armoured girl I posted once a day here :

363335Felrina.png

And another one which is my avatar still up.

970660AyonV3.png

Edited by Solum

579070Cavpgase.png

Lord glenn & Freohr Datia > When you said "darkest shade", did you mean the FE8 border colour?

No, I was referring to the color whose RGB value is (29, 87, 116); the darkest hair color that's very prevalent at the top of the sprite.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies and gentlemen! I post this new mug which is a revamp of a friend's mug.

So this one

510559phenhoki.png

change himself into

236747Phenix.png

This one! I had to make it look like a FE4 mage fighter and with the restriction of keeping him in the same old style.

And I'm now trying to improve him !

While I do like the detail on this guy's ponytail, the shading and angle make it seem more like he should be facing sideways rather than at 3/4ths. The hair band should barely be visible, and the bulk of the ponytail should be hidden behind his neck. or you could put one peeking out on the other side of his neck and give him pigtails

Blind Archer > I tryed to do what you meant. But I don't master English as I would so it's always difficult for to understant precisly detailed comments. ( I thank you so much for your help of course =)

Is it better now?

590306Phenix.png

Edited by Solum

I've reduced his neck by one pixel. I don't know if he needs more. You see it better than me I think =)

517135Phenix.png

Blind Archer > Oooookay! But I've hope that I could do his ponytail as he sould keep it on his shoulder in the foreground. I'm affraid of losing the effect it does if I pass it behind. I can try to draw it in another way but...

Goshh! That new Jimmy Poulet is awesome! Phenix's new mug for your hack?

I approve what Lumi suggest for the hair.

The left side (OPV) of the collar is 1-2 pixels too low IMO.

Les cheveux sur la tête me semblent avoir une forme un peu trop ronde, peut-etre regarder avec Pent pour une référence. Mais c'est aussi peut-etre qu'une impression.

XD Ouais ! Jimmy Poulet ! la tête c'est juste que les cheveux flottent un peu.

I'm still working hard on it. But I really thank you to help me. I just saw that the hacking area for mugs can't contain it because of this pony tail. So I keep modify it even if i'm not done at all ^^.

497243Newphenix.png

I did the new ponytail. But I Completly don't like him now. =/

And I find he as a big head (much bigger if I reduce his neck n_u )

Edited by Solum

This would probably be a good time to throw in the quip that his neck is a beanpole and his shoulders look like they're hanging off a scarecrow frame. Would also like to complain about how not-soft-and-fluffy-and-snuggable that scarf is, as well as the fact I have no idea what's going on with his ridiculously pointy collar that makes no physical sense.

Also, what am hair shading. There's too much border color going on under the far bang, he has lumps all over his head, and some of the flow fails to make sense. His face is also incredibly flat, with a nondescript profile and buggy eyes.

182968Newphenix.png

I definetly don't like him any more xD

Here I've modified shading in some parts. Redo a new collar that I try to make it fall at our right.

I shade his neck,face and change the hair which fall over it.

I'm working on the shoulders.

> Jealousy : What do you mean by buggy eyes?

buggy-pirate-crew.jpg

Oh... I hope you don't speak about him xD

Edited by Solum

Lol idk why you don't like him anymore but whatever. Is it because making edits is annoying? XD

Maybe a little more spread out could work, but any thicker? Not sure I agree to that much, especially with hair that straight... I suppose a tiny bit could still work out, but the thickness looks just fine to me.