Most Difficult/Frustrating Fire Emblem Chapter

Esme

Only two? I'm assuming you're talking about Tormod and Vika, but I find Muarim pretty useless as well by that point. And yes, forced units + enemies spawning at your starting positions makes them even more of a chore to protect then most forced weaklings.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only two? I'm assuming you're talking about Tormod and Vika, but I find Muarim pretty useless as well by that point. And yes, forced units + enemies spawning at your starting positions makes them even more of a chore to protect then most forced weaklings.

Indeed. And the area near the treasure room at the bottom of the map tends to get heavy on enemy traffic to the point where enemies materialize behind whoever's blocking that area (usually Nailah or Gatrie). And then there's that accursed sleep staff...

EDIT: I'd have trouble seeing Oliver as the most useless recruit in RD when there's Lyre, who does nothing that Lethe or even Ranulf (who's forced on you for pretty much all of Ike's part 3 after he joins) couldn't do better.

Edited by Metal King Slime

FE6 C7 HM. Fucking wyvern bitches. Only one who doubles is like, Rutger and maybe Dieck, and nobody has good hitrates ever, and the only bow that does good damage is Steel and that's crappy hitrates as well on top of AS loss for everyone who uses it

adsfjaklgjagja;lg >_<

Also FE5 24x, if only for the deployment slot lower limit. I just want to deploy Leaf/Sety/Sara/Safy dammit, why you make me bring more people >___<

Battle Before Dawn is probably my least favourite chapter in all of FE, though. HHM edition.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I also hate FE6's chapter 14 (fog of war, desert AND having to finish within a time limit while protecting one of the game's worst characters to head to the gaiden??? Tch...).

nessa_02.png

There's also chapter 7 (even on normal mode, it's unpleasant as all hell) and chapter 21 (so many reinforcements augh).

FE6 chapter 14 is easy but that's because I cheat and plan out the chapter with the fog removed.

There's nothing worse than realizing that you're attacking a unit that you can't see when you put the fog back in, though. But that doesn't happen to me anymore because I use Torch meticulously.

Hmm, I'd have to say FE6's Chapter 14, the desert fog map. It wasn't so much difficult so much as it was frustrating to actually get anywhere with my best units. You can't see anything, and you can barely move. Plus, if your trying to get the best ending, you have 25 turns to beat it. A major annoyance if there ever was one.

Is the bottom route any easier to go through? I always steer clear of it for one reason or another. There's a few Mamkutes up the northern way, but not really any magic types... at least, that I seem to recall. The bottom route always seemed all sorts of trouble.

No, the bottom route is worse. The north path contains only one mamkute with some wyvern riders and wyvern lords. The east path contains more makutes and still has the wyvern enemies, but it also has extra mages. You'll still need to face the mercenaries and heroes when you get near the gate.

FE7: The chapter where you have to recruit Jaffar/Nino. Only because all my units had bad RES.

FE8: Only the final bonus level with the dracozombies. Otherwise, not hard.

FE9: Chapter 12. Those Ravens can hit for a surprisingly large amount, but wasn't terribly hard overall still.

FE10: 4-4... Reasons explained above.

That chapter in Ephraim's Route when your boat is attacked by another boat filled with enemies comming from all sides nonstop while you're with Fog of War. I just hate this chapter, it's more annoying than hard.

No, the bottom route is worse. The north path contains only one mamkute with some wyvern riders and wyvern lords. The east path contains more makutes and still has the wyvern enemies, but it also has extra mages. You'll still need to face the mercenaries and heroes when you get near the gate.

You can skirt most of the mercs and heroes by going the bottom path. I personally think it's a much easier route to the gate.

FE7: Night Of Farewells. Ugh...Sonia and her Bolting plus dudes with ballistae. And disappearing paths? BITE ME!!! Chapter 19xx was pretty pants too. I only played it once but i remember it being kinda assy.

FE8: Last Hope or whatever its called. The Rausten chapter. Ugh...So much spam... Father And Son irks me too. Damn you berserk staff!

FE9: Hmmm...Gritnea Tower level was kinda assy. Also that one with Naesala taking the field and trying to get the Knight Ring. D:

FE10: 3-7 can be if you want to fight the BK. 4-5 is kinda pants too. D:

I would have to say Thracia Chapter 22. That's the one with Cyas right?

On top of all the ballista, the bridge that disappears, and Rinehart having Dime Thunder, there's Cyas with 10 leadership stars. And the boss has 3. And Rinehart has 5. Even if you eliminate Cyas on round one, the bridge is gone, so you have to deal with flying everyone over, and you still have 8 leadership stars on the enemy.

You can skirt most of the mercs and heroes by going the bottom path. I personally think it's a much easier route to the gate.

And Miledy can take on the rest, generally. It seems easier than through the mercs with your entire squad.

FE5 Chapter 18. Recruiting Xavier and getting the Member Card makes this the most frustrating chapter in my FE experience. I know, I don't HAVE to get those to finish the chapter, and they aren't extremely useful for finishing the game, but still, I am one person that can't stand completing a chapter knowing that there's something I missed, no matter how worthless it may be. There are probably some very effective strategies for recruiting Xavier, but it seemed insanely difficult on my blind playthrough.

While I found RD's 4-4 to be the most anoying I found FE6's 14x to be the most difficult. Basically when you put together archers to strike down you flyers+water disapearing tiles that go away for quite a few turns + Bolting tomes UP THE ASS=10ish tries to beatDX

Which reminds me, Sacae can go straight to hell, do not pass GO, and do not collect 200 dollars.

I found Ilia way more annoying than Sacae if you don't warpskip. Sacae was basically lolol cut through shit with Rutger and Dieck and Shin and Delphi!Millie and Ilia has movement issues up the ass and even more status staves. Plus I actually have to make an effort to not level Shin too fast to get there. Urgh.

I found Ilia way more annoying than Sacae if you don't warpskip. Sacae was basically lolol cut through shit with Rutger and Dieck and Shin and Delphi!Millie and Ilia has movement issues up the ass and even more status staves. Plus I actually have to make an effort to not level Shin too fast to get there. Urgh.

What can I say? I just hated Sacae even on nomal mode. Also, I just hate taking long-range magic, especially if the aggressor's unreachable. And two fog of war maps means double the ugh...

Well, I guess my playstyle does influence it, though, since my only axe users are Echidna, Dieck, and the paladins, and paladins don't do well in nonskip Ilia 17 since wtf trees. I remember being extremely irritated about how little I could move each turn, with the exceptions of Thany and Miledy.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Well, I guess my playstyle does influence it, though, since my only axe users are Echidna, Dieck, and the paladins, and paladins don't do well in nonskip Ilia 17 since wtf trees. I remember being extremely irritated about how little I could move each turn, with the exceptions of Thany and Miledy.

Ehhh, I find ballistae less of a worry than long range magic, to be frank. Especially when at least 80% of the cast has virtually no resistance to speak of. That being said, Sacae's chapter 20x really does not help its case AT ALL.