Meg: Why such hate?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be completely honest, I tried using Meg on my first playthrough, thinking I had a tank in the making, but I found out the hard way that wasn't the case.

Speaking of tanking, Meg is one of only two beorc that can live Dheginsea's Ire(the other being Ike)with any kind of setup. How?

35 def cap + 5 from Alondite + 2 from Water/Thunder/Light affinity + 10 from cover + 10 from Kurth=57 def. (75-57)*3=54. Meg only needs 55 HP to live it.

Not that this makes Meg worth using or anything, given what I said yesterday.

And yeah, Gatrie would be amazing if he wasn't stuck with Gen/Marshal caps. If he could be made into something like Hero/Vanguard or Warrior/Reaver with his current growth spread, he'd be an easy candidate for best unit in the game. Or at least he'd be better than he is now.

Edited by darkandroid125

Brom does have the potential to be stronger than Gatrie (higher strength cap, Urvan, Water affinity) but other than that, he's worse than Gatrie in almost every conceivable way.

You know, I think Meg is IS' way of overcompensating for the fact that Wendy was twiglike.

Can we just have a female armour who's actually bulky in build, but not to the point of comedy?

And who wears blue armour and just has black hair in a practical cut?

You know, I think Meg is IS' way of overcompensating for the fact that Wendy was twiglike.

Can we just have a female armour who's actually bulky in build, but not to the point of comedy?

And who wears blue armour and just has black hair in a practical cut?

I'm tempted to plug that T2 Essa I drew. :B

But yes, I agree. Please, no more pink armour, IS.

Hm...This feed back is pretty good. Kinda strays from the point at times :P This is about Meg after all.

I'll keep using her for this playthrough as well as Heather from another topic I posted.

Yeah, They did set her up for this which is just mean.

Probably the only fem. Knight we'll get is in a hack. I think it's about time they listen to our ideas too :P

Just imo

Has anyone tried bringing Brom to endgame?

Decent str+axes+useful support affinity.

I did. His speed was...oi...So he didnt do a whole lot. Meg has better speed than her daddy at least from what i could see. I only used Brom once. Generals in general (lol c wut i did thar?) arent my cup of tea.

I dont hate Meg. I dont use her very often because her class is meh but shes not the worst ever to me. I dont even mind her appearance. If thats fat in the eyes of many...people must have a real issue with real life fat people. :blink: Meg with Alondite is kinda funny. PINK KNIGHT GO!

I've used both Meg and Freida, Normal mode, up to end-game. Meg never really got good... I mean, she got better, but everyone else got better a whole 20 levels ahead of her. Frieda had issues with her horrible skill, speed, and then never getting a chapter that didn't fuck her over until, like, end-game, but man, her third-tier class looked pretty awesome.

Eng-game though, she was pretty entertaining, the both of them. These were their end-game forms when I used them. Actually, it might have been Hard mode now that I think on it...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Diadora/TEMP/S7300271.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Diadora/TEMP/S7300265.jpg

If thats fat in the eyes of many...people must have a real issue with real life fat people.

She's not obese, but combined with the armour, the ugly face, the hairstyle, the lack of curves and just overall the fact that she's Meg, yes, I'm going to say she's unattractive. I support that plump women can be hot, yes. I don't think that Meg is a prime example.

And, um... why 'Freida' and not 'Fiona'?

(Incidentally, man, Fiona is tiny for a Weapon Knight. Didn't notice before, like, just then.)

Oh, yeah, and while I like it when characters buck the trend for their class (like, I dunno, Rebecca's uncommon speed (beyond her bad base) or Aran's remarkable lopsidedness), I do prefer them to fit their class. Meg... just doesn't.

Meg, imo, is actually a really good unit when trained. The biggest issue I think most people is that she's underleveled, has mediocre move at first tier, and has an ugly sprite (the 'Dorothy' complex). She's able to be leveled in all modes; yes, even HM.

However, to get her to be usable in HM, she needs enough BEXP to level up once and gain a point of speed, which will allow her to avoid being doubled by the laguz when using an iron sword. In that next chapter, just allow her to tank the laguz on the south-east corner of the map while Leonardo and Ilyana attack from a distance. With her sniping a couple of kills (it won't take much, even on HM), she'll level up again -- if she procs STR or SPD, that should probably allow her to use steel swords without being doubled.

...She only gets better from there. If you throw about half the uses of a brave sword to her, she'll very quickly outperform Edward, essentially becoming nearly as fast as him with better luck and SIGNIFICANTLY better defense. She easily ends up as the best non-Jaigan unit on Part 1, tbh, and ended up around 18/--/-- on my last HM run, IIRC. She usually promotes on NM by 1-E.

I guess what made me love Meg is when she solo'd the entirety of 4-5 on NM, starting at level 20/10/-- and ending at 20/20/20. It became hilarious once she hit third tier, proc'ing Luna left and right and one-shotting dragons, all while having something stupid like 110+ avoid or something like that with peak biorythm and terrain bonus by the end of the chapter (combined with 35 DEF >.>). Btw, I'm convinced that Luna can proc from the extra hit provided by Adapt.

What's ironic is that I saw she was sorely underleveled at the start of the chapter, and decided to have some fun. I equipped her with a few silver swords and a couple of healing pots, and went to see how long she could last without dying. I honestly expected her to die within a minute, and was shocked when she didn't.

Like others have said, it's all about getting her there.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

I guess what made me love Meg is when she solo'd the entirety of 4-5 on NM, starting at level 20/10/-- and ending at 20/20/20.

Given how badass that is, that makes every bit of sense, and this isn't sarcasm.

has mediocre move at first tier,

You mean forever.

Meg is very much usable, no doubt about that, but there's virtually nothing valuable in her. The worst movement type, completely lopsided growths and caps, bad bases...it's been said already.