Meg: Why such hate?

It's not that anyone is underestimating her endgame, it's just that nearly any other character given the same treatment is going to end up as good as, if not better than, Meg at endgame. AKA Meg is not winning endgame, or not by anywhere near enough to make up for the fact that she sucked harder than pretty much anyone else at the beginning of her existence.

...So you're saying nearly ANYBODY you throw 300 BEXP and MAYBE a stat booster is better than Meg endgame? That's...bullcrap, frankly.

Wait, I'm done, I'm done. I'm honestly, for the love of god, done.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...So you're saying nearly ANYBODY you throw 300 BEXP and MAYBE a stat booster is better than Meg endgame? That's...bullcrap, frankly.

You're also demanding a pretty large amount of CEXP to be fed to Meg (because she certainly isn't going to be killing anything on her own any time soon). Meg has to be trained from a very low level. When you consider that, it makes more sense. If you were to take some dumbshit like I don't know, Makalov, then it's quite conceivable that he'd would end up better than Meg if you're willing to hold his hand and train them past his crap bases, just as you do with Meg (if anything Makalov needs less work, he's never 1-rounded and at least has decent movement).

As Anouleth mentioned, it isn't simply 300 BEXP and a stat booster that I'm talking about when I say "same treatment". It's the hand holding through their poor combat chapters in addition to aid from BEXP and/or stat boosters that will make almost anyone as good as or better than Meg endgame. The reason for this is better stats (most notably mobility) once they get to endgame.

Not a fanboy. Just saying.

To be honest, the way you were talking, you did sound like a Meg fanboi.

And yeah, your argument is getting nowhere fast. As a lot of users said before, it's fine to like using a unit, but when you try to argue that a unit is better than he/she is, you are going to get ridiculed by anyone who reads your argument. I mean, as an example, I like using Lilina(mostly due to my Lugh always getting RNG screwed and I gave up on him in HM by C5.), but I don't go preaching that she's a good unit, or at least better than she is, because she isn't. I learned this the hard way.

Edited by darkandroid125

Lemme sum up everything that's been said:

Moo.

That is all X3

Is she really worth this much discussion o.o

I never thought to get this much feedback XD

This kind of discussion happens in the Fire Emblem fanbase. It's nothing new. You'll get used to it if you stick around.

As a lot of units said before,

lol typo

it's fine to like using a unit, but when you try to argue that a unit is better than he/she is, you are going to get ridiculed by anyone who reads your argument.

I don't think KoT "likes" using Meg. I think he legitimately believes that she is a good character. This is the difference between having an opinion and being delusional.

He said something earlier like "I don't like her personality, I don't find her attractive, but she's just such a good unit".

Which strikes me as... impressive.

If she came in 1-2, she would be useable, but she has to come in a stage that require good movement and durability.

I guess she's decent in drafts, but.FE10 Gatrie just rofl stomps every armour in FE history due to his steroid powered growths.

I gave Gatrie the Boots, and celerity on my second FE10 run- he ran around killing everything and never died, only the grass stopped him.

(10 move+indestructability)

The only reason I would ever use Meg, is if there were no other DB units in a draft.

Some units (Brom, for instance) can't use BEXP to gain neccesary stats (or enough to matter), so they'll never have a chance at end-game. Meg isn't one of them.

Did you just say Brom isn't usable but Meg is?

Did you just say Brom isn't usable but Meg is?

An obvious statement, but yes, I did. Brom sucks. No way in hell you're doing anything with 20% speed growth AND general caps. Meg's high SPD growth at least allows her to hit general caps quickly, high LUK combines with SPD for decent evasion, and Meg is easier to raise in part 1 than either Aran or Edward past 1-6-1 or maybe 1-6-2 because of her higher DEF than Edward and higher SPD than Aran (i.e. she isn't doubled). Brom has availability issues and is beaten out in combat by anything with a pulse (sans Heather, but she's not used for combat, anyways) in part 2.

EDIT: Brom's SPD growth is actually 30%. My bad, but general point still stands; I'd also like to point out that you can't BEXP his SPD reliably even if you wanted to.

Did you just say Brom has availability issues? >_>

He has: 2-1, 2-2 and 2-E in part 2. Rejoins in 3-2. Is available in 3-3, 3-4, 3-5, 3-7, 3-8, 3-10, 3-11 and 3-E. And all of part 4. Thats a lot of chapters. Compared to Meg:

1-4, 1-5, 1-6, 1-7, 1-8, 1-E. Then in 3-6, 3-12, 3-13 and all of part 4. At this point, I just think you're trolling...

Edited by PegKnightLover

Did you just say Brom has availability issues? >_>

Damnit, nvm. Didn't even notice he arrived in part 3 so early. I must've always just ignored him since Ike's units are so much better. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Forgive my error.

Brom is a lot better than Meg. Even if he is a bad unit himself. He can use forged hand axes from the get go and can use the hammah. Has huge availability lead over Meg AND Marcia/Elincia can rescue drop him in 2-E so he can hammer ludveck. His stats arent great, his move is terrible and his caps suck but hes still better than Meg. You get where this is going...

MEG SUCKS.

Brom is a lot better than Meg. Even if he is a bad unit himself. He can use forged hand axes from the get go and can use the hammah. Has huge availability lead over Meg AND Marcia/Elincia can rescue drop him in 2-E so he can hammer ludveck. His stats arent great, his move is terrible and his caps suck but hes still better than Meg. You get where this is going...

MEG SUCKS.

Brom is certainly not better than Meg. At least Meg isn't completely outclassed by part 3 by just about everybody else she's grouped with. Brom simply can't compete with any of Ike's mercenaries, frankly, and is easily outshined by Gatrie right from the get-go -- never mind that Meg has fewer chapters in part 3 but more overall in parts 1/2. Hell, he's bad enough that I completely FORGOT he was in half of part 3! Maybe if Brom somehow got into the DB, he'd have some illusion of a chance to get into endgame, if you really wanted to field a guy who likes getting doubled by everything (Hint: Meg isn't.)...

Meg > Brom.

Damnit, stop dragging me into this! Didn't I say I was finished with this thread? sad.gif Let's just leave it at "agree to disagree" and move on with our lives.

...Except they are. I'm hardly wrong.

Are you completely oblivious to the walls of text that have been posted in this thread that very clearly illustrate why Meg is, quite factually, a terrible unit?

Edited by dondon151

It is not my problem that he can't stop himself from responding to provocations.

I think most of us can agree that he's probably wrong. . .but do you really need to keep poking him?