Meg: Why such hate?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meg isnt the worst unit in the game but she is far from even being a good one. This is just common knowledge. Easy mode, she can be good. NM, she can be good. HM, lol forget it. The end.

The fact that so much bickering came from this thread...wow...yeah gg mods. ;)

she does well for her class

Found the problem right here.

If you have 3 cakes all made out of shit (one of human feces, one of a dog's and one of a cat's), Meg would be... oh, I don't know... one of those cakes. And no matter how pretty it may look, nobody is going to take a bite since it came out of something's ass and should probably be flushed away for the good of humanity.

Okay, I'm not reading 10 pages. I'm a lazy person.

- Wants to marry a furry

Lolno.

-Ok, seriously? The main thing im seeing here is because she's fat. That's just shallow and rude!

Well, some people use idiotic reasons for not using a character, or using a character.

For example, I've read a comment on a certain YouTube video, that said "i only use ilyana becuz of her short skirt. thats the only reason people use her.." It was in a PoR playthrough video, and it completely pissed me off.

(Should I be cruel to Zihark, and make them have an A support at the games end.)

Nothing happens.

Now, for my opinion.

Now, I used Meg as well as Fiona in one of my playthroughs, only because I needed the clip of her killing Ashera, for my

The amount of time, and pain of resetting for her stats, (Fiona too) makes me never want to use her ever again. She's okay if you for some reason train her, and reset for Strength right off the bat, but, let me put it to you this way:

If you use Meg (or Fiona) on any playthrough, she WILL be in your top 5. Not because she's super great or anything, but because you need to give her so many kills, which could definitely be used on much better units, like Edward, or Leonardo. [Yes, I said Leonardo is good. Because he's always good to me.]

I've used almost every unit in the game. (The exceptions basically being Tormod/Muarim/Vika, because of their shit availability. Which is a kick in the pants, because Muarim is my second favourite Laguz unit in PoR, and Tormod is actually good in PoR, like Ilyana, who they butchered in RD) I can safely say, that Meg and Fiona are some of my most hated to use units, for the beginning -- when you need to train them.

Brom / Tauroneo / Gatrie are much better to use than Meg.

For Fiona, Oscar/Kieran/Geoffrey/Astrid/Makalov/3-13 Archer are better units than Fiona.

Long story short: Meg is meh, Fiona is mediocre, and both units are not worth the effort to train.

I used to think Meg was better than Fiona but after an HM pt I think that Fiona > Meg. Meg is available longer but she never gets better and her str is bad, her move is bad and that speed cap is detrimental. Fiona's canto makes her a little more flexible imo, but both hog up resources like crazy. ^^'

^ thats for HM ^_^ for Easy and Normal Meg can be a very good unit, she'll lack in Endgame though iirc because of the speed cap.

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia

wouldn't Fiona not be able to make full useage of all of her movement threwout the DB chapters she's in?

thats right, in 1-7/1-E She gets restriced and forced to go long way in 1-E. 3-6 she can't move out of the island, 3-12 i believe she is fine, 3-13 she gets restricted again IIRC. 4-P/4-1/4-2 are about the only chapters that she is fine in the movement department aside from 4-E....

Edited by SlayerX

thats right, in 1-7/1-E She gets restriced and forced to go long way in 1-E. 3-6 she can't move out of the island, 3-12 i believe she is fine, 3-13 she gets restricted again IIRC. 4-P/4-1/4-2 are about the only chapters that she is fine in the movement department aside from 4-E....

i thought so.

it seems like Fiona has one of the worst siturations period in FE history.

i thought so.

it seems like Fiona has one of the worst siturations period in FE history.

All I can say is that you CAN train Meg in HM provided she dings SPD with a BEXP level up (which is common) after you get her AND use her in 1-4.

As for Fiona...IIRC she has similar base stats to Meg, at a higher level, at a much later (and harder) point in part 1. She was literally doubled by almost everything with any AS loss from weapons at all, and she's stupidly reliant on certain procs (SPD, STR, if I remember back in April) just to not be ORKO'd, much less function. I swear to god I tried to use her for the hell of it, and I COULDN'T. I literally couldn't have her finish off enemies because she's rocking a 50% hit rate and dies on the counter if she misses -- it's so pathetic when you need a forged weapon just to steal kills. You can go into 1-4 where almost nothing ORKO's Meg at 4/-- and (with another SPD proc) probably nothing does at 5/--. Meg's just a little annoying to raise in part 1, and optimistically can be about as hard to train as Aran (just looking at the sheer volume of numbers comparing Aran/Meg in part 1).

Oh, and for some stupid reason, Fiona can't be fielded in 1-8, and at least Meg CAN climb walls in 1-E.

P.S. I'm not trying to open up an old wound. I'm just saying that Fiona almost makes Wendy look good. I think IS was thinking her skill combined with her high base magic for a melee unit would solve these issues, but it really doesn't, esp. in HM.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

As scrubs Fiona > Meg imo. As combat units both take so much effort its hard to tell which one is better ^^' but i'd go with Fiona's high move and canto it makes it alot easier to train a character. Both of them need Forges too to have good hit rates and more attack.

Fiona requires way much more effor to become good, due to similar bases to meg, but higher joining level. Plus meg can actually do a few things in chapters where fiona isn't available. Assuming that meg has been trained.

in HM Meg lags alot especially in Part 4 and Endgame, Fiona can be reasonable helpful by then. Idk i'm not good at comparing but Meg seemed alot easier to train in Part 1 while Fiona seemed a lot easier to use in Part 3+

in HM Meg lags alot especially in Part 4 and Endgame, Fiona can be reasonable helpful by then. Idk i'm not good at comparing but Meg seemed alot easier to train in Part 1 while Fiona seemed a lot easier to use in Part 3+

Meg could probably solo 4-5 and the Dragon tower chapter way easier than Fiona because of Meg's better durability and the fact that Luna essentially nullifes a Dragon's usually enormous DEF stat.

Never mind that Meg is about 100x easier to train than Fiona...and has about the same bases, except at an earlier level and earlier in part 1.

All I can say is that you CAN train Meg in HM provided she dings SPD with a BEXP level up (which is common) after you get her AND use her in 1-4.

As for Fiona...IIRC she has similar base stats to Meg, at a higher level, at a much later (and harder) point in part 1. She was literally doubled by almost everything with any AS loss from weapons at all, and she's stupidly reliant on certain procs (SPD, STR, if I remember back in April) just to not be ORKO'd, much less function. I swear to god I tried to use her for the hell of it, and I COULDN'T. I literally couldn't have her finish off enemies because she's rocking a 50% hit rate and dies on the counter if she misses -- it's so pathetic when you need a forged weapon just to steal kills. You can go into 1-4 where almost nothing ORKO's Meg at 4/-- and (with another SPD proc) probably nothing does at 5/--. Meg's just a little annoying to raise in part 1, and optimistically can be about as hard to train as Aran (just looking at the sheer volume of numbers comparing Aran/Meg in part 1).

Oh, and for some stupid reason, Fiona can't be fielded in 1-8, and at least Meg CAN climb walls in 1-E.

194-implied-facepalm-when-something-is-so-fucking-retarded-a-full-and-proper-facepalm-is-not-even-necessary.jpg

If you are using Meg and Fiona seriously as combat units, you are Doing It Wrong. Fiona is most likely a better unit than Meg not because of her combat but because she has a horse. Fiona can help ferry around certain units and can aid in a quicker clear for 1-7 and 1-E. Having used Fiona in both maps, I can say it is very easy to keep her alive if you're not retarded.

P.S. I'm not trying to open up an old wound. I'm just saying that Fiona almost makes Wendy look good. I think IS was thinking her skill combined with her high base magic for a melee unit would solve these issues, but it really doesn't, esp. in HM.

Here's a protip that'll help you in real life. Don't go spouting off bullshit, say you're right, then back down before springing up again to spread your bullshit again while saying DON'T ARGUE WITH ME! I can guarantee you that it'll get you nowhere in life and that everyone will hate you.

Edited by Dark Sage

Meg could probably solo 4-5 and the Dragon tower chapter way easier than Fiona because of Meg's better durability and the fact that Luna essentially nullifes a Dragon's usually enormous DEF stat.

Never mind that Meg is about 100x easier to train than Fiona...and has about the same bases, except at an earlier level and earlier in part 1.

If we can assume (and in this case I think it's reasonable) that Imbue would stay on Fiona, Fiona would probably have an easier time soloing anything that late because she recovers health at the start of every turn (and Sol recovers health as well). For 4-E-3 Fiona can also use the Wishblade, which is better than Vague Katti (not 1-2 range) or Alondite (at max Str, Fiona w/Wishblade would have one MT more than Meg w/Alondite).

Fiona is most likely a better unit than Fiona not because of her combat but because she has a horse.

Fiona cloned herself.