BExp near the end of the game

Baldrick

I'm currently in 4-2, and I have a large supply of BExp. Without spoiling anything plotwise, is there an Est archetype who needs a load of BExp to become usable, or should I just use it up now to get as many people as possible to 3rd tier?

Also, I only have room for one swordmaster. Lucia has slightly better stats, but is Lv 14 compared to Zihark's Lv 7. Is there any reason to use one over the other? (Who I use will probably depend on the answer to the first question).

Edited by Dr. Will

I'm currently in 4-2, and I have a large supply of BExp. Without spoiling anything plotwise, is there an Est archetype who needs a load of BExp to become usable, or should I just use it up now to get as many people as possible to 3rd tier?

Also, I only have room for one swordmaster. Lucia has slightly better stats, but is Lv 14 compared to Zihark's Lv 7. Is there any reason to use one over the other? (Who I use will probably depend on the answer to the first question).

Generally characters with deficiencies in a certain important stat and early capping in another benefit most from BEXP. This would be Aran (SPD), Neph (STR), Leonardo (SPD), Lucia (STR, lesser extent), Ilyana (SPD, but then she'd cap it early, so not really), Jill (SKL, DEF), and plenty of others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

In other words, balance BEXP use with getting low level characters you want to use up with getting characters with multiple capped stats much stronger than they'd normally be with manual leveling.

As for the swordmaster debate, Zihark is generally preferred mainly because Lucia has strength and availablility issues, IIRC.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Zihark, Better personality, outfit, Growths (?) Not sure, but iirc he is deemed better than lucia most of the time. Both have Earth support, so if there is enough, pair them for 45 & avoid hax.

Also, Your Est archetype should be running on the battlefield on turn 2 or something if you are on a second playthrough. Providing you spared him.

Thanks for the replies.

Lucia's not close to capping skill and speed, so she wouldn't benefit much from BExp. I'll go with Zihark, since I have a lot of BExp to spare (it's my first playthrough, so the Est won't be turning up).

I never even thought about giving BExp to the laguz, that's a good tip.

Sanaki is considered an Est

Whatever you want to call her, Sanaki is a terrible Bexp sink. With Bexp, she's almost guaranteed to gain 0 points of Str, Spd, and Def. So she'll hit hard once, double nothing, and get ORKO'd by everything - the same as if you gave her no resources.

• 3 weeks later...

Funny; in my last playthrough I used both of them. I know this topic's old but when it comes to Lucia, I just have to say something.

Zihark is basically Lucia's male counterpart. Both of them have better RES growths, though Zihark gets a plus in DEF and STR (however I've only managed to max out 3 of his stats every time disappointingly). He's generally preferred over Lucia due to stat growths and availability (well really, EVERYONE is preferred over Lucia because of growths and availability).

However, there is a way to max out Lucia's stats (for next time).

Train Lucia to Lvl13-14 Trueblade (mostly via Unforgivable Sin). DO NOT TRAIN HER FURTHER WHEN SHE REACHES LVL13-14. If you wish, equip Blossom on her in Unforgivable Sin so she doesn't get EXP so quickly and has a better chance of stat gains. By Lvl13 she should've maxed out RES, SPD, SKL and MAG (if not MAG will be only 1 or 2 points off). Then BEXP her up to Lvl20 and she should have maxed out everything but LUCK (which will be at 31). If you have two Ashera Icons, use both of them and she would've maxed out all her stats at Lvl20 Trueblade. I could further elaborate on this strategy if you wish.

As for Zihark, next time in the Dawn Brigade chapters, pair him with Nolan and let him go to town in Part 3 with him when they hit A Support. Really, they are your life savers.

Funny; in my last playthrough I used both of them. I know this topic's old but when it comes to Lucia, I just have to say something.

Zihark is basically Lucia's male counterpart. Both of them have better RES growths, though Zihark gets a plus in DEF and STR (however I've only managed to max out 3 of his stats every time disappointingly). He's generally preferred over Lucia due to stat growths and availability (well really, EVERYONE is preferred over Lucia because of growths and availability).

Train Lucia to Lvl13-14 Trueblade (mostly via Unforgivable Sin). DO NOT TRAIN HER FURTHER WHEN SHE REACHES LVL13-14. If you wish, equip Blossom on her in Unforgivable Sin so she doesn't get EXP so quickly and has a better chance of stat gains. By Lvl13 she should've maxed out RES, SPD, SKL and MAG (if not MAG will be only 1 or 2 points off). Then BEXP her up to Lvl20 and she should have maxed out everything but LUCK (which will be at 31). If you have two Ashera Icons, use both of them and she would've maxed out all her stats at Lvl20 Trueblade. I could further elaborate on this strategy if you wish.

As for Zihark, next time in the Dawn Brigade chapters, pair him with Nolan and let him go to town in Part 3 with him when they hit A Support. Really, they are your life savers.

^ A nice strategy for slowplaying easy mode/normal mode. Not useful at all for efficient playstyles and hard mode. Also, better done to other characters. It works on almost everyone.

It's a good idea in theory, but Trueblades don't exactly have killer stat caps.

I tried this once. It's extremely underwhelming because Ranulf will still have A strike.

Yeah, I tried it in 3-11 with a bunch of BEXP. But I think he can reach SS fighting generals. Besides, can laguz acquire provoke/shade?

I would say its possible... I mean i got lyre to SS strike before 4-E once in a draft IIRC... Ofcourse draft setting are different but still...

Edited by Link