• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal Trueblade list goes like this:

Zihark

Mia

Edwardovich

Lucia

Stefan

I actually hate Mia but i cannot deny she kicks a lot of ass in RD. But i like Zihark the best out of the lot. Since im not a hard mode player, i cant tell you whos the best but i would imagine Mia and Zihark fighting for the title.

She's Florina, and she'll flaunt her hatred of Mia whenever she sees a topic even tangentially related to her.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

I'm going to give my honest truth to this debate:

Mia>Zihark>=Eddie>>>Lucia>Stefan

The reason why I rated Mia higher than the others is her sheer availability over Eddie/Zihark(you could transfer Zihark to the mercs but that's not I assume is happening.) Mia also doubles basically everything on a team that has some difficulties doubling(only herself, Shinon, and Ike double, and even Ike can miss out on stuff. Haar and Titania need a speedwing to double reliably, and Boyd needs a transfer on top of a speedwing). As for Eddie and Zihark, I rated them as equal, with a slight edge on Zihark(hence the [>=]). Zihark is easier to use but I feel that Eddie's higher growth potential makes him about equal to Zihark(In HM, Zihark undoubtedly has an edge over Eddie, though players have used HM!Eddie to varying success.) As for the other two, I rated Lucia higher than Stefan simply because Lucia can help kill things faster in 2-2, while Stefan does jack shit in his starting map, nevermind the fact that 40% of players skip him because they don't know where the hell he is. Either that or they won't bother themselves to bring Miccy Sue to his spawning tile.

Edited by darkandroid125

Yeah i really dont like her. But again, in RD, her availability and beautiful stats do make her a great unit. I dont like her character at all though. Its just me.

But seriously, Zihark vs Mia for reliability. I'm guessing Mia w1ns that

Yeah...Mia has the GM chapters and the Wo Dao on her side. Even if you steal Zihark from the DBs, she will probably (no, most likely) be in the lead level wise. But since in a biased old bitch, i usually use Zihark. :B

I like it because she crits stuff early on. If im using Mia, i usually have her use it to gain kills in the beginning.

A critforge would be more useful to help Mia get kills.

I'm going to give my honest truth to this debate:

Mia>Zihark>=Eddie>>>Lucia>Stefan

The reason why I rated Mia higher than the others is her sheer availability over Eddie/Zihark(you could transfer Zihark to the mercs but that's not I assume is happening.) Mia also doubles basically everything on a team that has some difficulties doubling(only herself, Shinon, and Ike double, and even Ike can miss out on stuff. Haar and Titania need a speedwing to double reliably, and Boyd needs a transfer on top of a speedwing). As for Eddie and Zihark, I rated them as equal, with a slight edge on Zihark(hence the [>=]). Zihark is easier to use but I feel that Eddie's higher growth potential makes him about equal to Zihark(In HM, Zihark undoubtedly has an edge over Eddie, though players have used HM!Eddie to varying success.) As for the other two, I rated Lucia higher than Stefan simply because Lucia can help kill things faster in 2-2, while Stefan does jack shit in his starting map, nevermind the fact that 40% of players skip him because they don't know where the hell he is. Either that or they won't bother themselves to bring Miccy Sue to his spawning tile.

Oh crap, you agreed exactly with the guy who doesn't hate Meg. PURGE HIM! PURGE HIM NOW!

Eddie> than Zihark imo on NM.

First off, Zihark is a prepromote, so its not very likely he'll get level ups. Perhpas 1 level up by the time part 1 ends, or maybe two if we favour him.( possibly three, long time since I played normal mode)

Eddie gains levels faster cause he's still 1st tier. Considering he's most likely lvl 13 by the time Zihark shows up, he should be probably lvl 18/19 at the end of Part 1, and with favouritism, promoted.

If Ed is promoted by part three, he performs much better than Zihark( heck he has caladbolg, a free bonus). He should be having more HP than Zihark, almost as much defence as Zihark( or possibly more if you BEXP him)

Maybe I'm just anti-Zihark, but thing is I dont like those frail base stats for part 3. Zihark has earth-affinity, true, but not enough chapters to get A by part 3. 30 HP is terribad, and he gets two shotted by both cats and tigers in 3-6(HM). At least Edward has supports and caladbolg to help his survivability, Zihark doesn't have even that( by support, I mean A)

I still agree Mia is the best trueblade coz she's real easy to raise.

I should probably try Zihark one of these times.

In my opinion its Zihark and Eddie that are the best 2 on normal mode while Mia is third.

Sure Mia is lol easy to train but really on normal mode she is nothing special. High mov units are even better than on Hard mode so Mia's good offence is much worse by comparison. Weaker opponents lack of 1-2 range make likes of nephy and maybe even boyd (possibly like Ilyana/Soren) outclass her to the point where she is really just in the way.

On the other hand Ziggy and Eddy are much better (in terms of avoid at least) than on Hard making them much more useable. 1-2 is not that matterful on DB so they can live even under Nolan's existense. You get Storm Sword in 3-6 base too to help a little.

I suppose Eddie is the best because he makes very viable pair for Brolan.

Lucia > Stefan because she does something

first off Silver Harpoon, your icon and sigurature combinded give me motion sickness X_X.

second off vantage has an Piss chance to activate.

Third being Mia seems to end up with lower STR then zihawk and edward.

all three are great units on normal mode IMO, but noone should ignore the flaws of any unit.

I can understand Eddy, but Mia beats Zihark out in STR growth and ties him in base. Not to mention she gets a +ATK affinity anyway ;/

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Her only drawback (maybe) is that the 1-2 range weapons of her class suck. But, funnily enough, her critting and adept activation make up for that by letting her ORKO with quite a lot of reliability. I've had her in a draft and saw first hand, just how ridiculous her combat is xD. She faced like 10-15 enemies in 3-10 and all of them were ORKO'd by either adept procs, crit or astra. She's the best swordmaster period.

In NM, Eddie >>>> Zihark hands down. He's got enough EXP to get to 2nd tier, has more availability and performs better in part 3 due resolve + wrath pwnage. He also has better availability and can help with stuff like 4 turning 1-4. In HM, I can see Zihark beating Eddie. If Eddie is trained though (which is not as hard as people here think) then he can definetely outperform Zihark still.

My problem wtih Zihawk is that his str and def growth suck major arse. (30 str and 25 def) and his bases arent that spectacular to boot.

Edited by PegKnightLover

Flaws for Mia is simply bad 1-2 range (lol wind edges) and medicore movement.

Zihark is indeed worse in raw stats but he dont face that much competition:

As I said 1-2 range much less matterfull for dawn brigate and for the little he needs (in part 3) Eddy and Ziggy has handy storm sword.

By Dawn Brigate standarts Swordmasters have much better movement also

• 3 weeks later...

You know, the only difference really is this;

Mia and Edward are counterparts (STR & DEF)

Lucia and Zihark are counterparts. (STR & RES)

Stefan sits in the middle.

Anyway I've got a lot to say about Lucia from using her;

- BEXPing her from Lvl13-Lvl20 Trueblade pretty much ensures maxed out stats. For her LUCK, just use two Ashera Icons.

- She's got amazing AVO and I've barley had any issues keeping her alive (even on her worst biorhythm she's hard to kill).

- She's notorious for unexpected crits (watch goldieX39's Trueblade Battle Royale video). There's been many a time they've come without warning.

- Her RES makes her far more useful to use against Sephiran and Ashera than the other 4. Mia died in one hit from Ashera targeting her; Lucia survived with 12HP left. Hmm...

- Parity works wonders against Sephiran and Ashera. Sephiran stands on a tile that gives him +10DEF and +15AVO; Parity cancels that out. Losing your bonuses aside, using Reyson's Galdrar, then someone to heal her, Lucia can take out Sephiran easily. Also, she deals far more damage when using Parity against them and has a small chance of dodging Sephiran or Ashera (I wait for the day to see that happen).

Basically, patience is a virtue. I also believe that with Edward; who I rank at No. 1 for the Trueblades. He's really a powerful unit of great use and he also near maxes out his stats like Lucy.

I prefer Edward over Mia and Lucia over Zihark. And then I prefer the two of them over the other 3 Trueblades. Ha...quite funny when I look at it mellow.gif

You know, the only difference really is this;

Not including how they funktion inside the game instead on how they look on paper.

Mia and Edward are counterparts (STR & DEF)

Lucia and Zihark are counterparts. (STR & RES)

Stefan sits in the middle.

Eddy is early fast unit that is hard to raise thanks to hos facepalm tier capability to take hits. (Note that we only care about hard mode because its hardcore)

Zihark is foolproof fast hitter for a little time but his use after that is iffy.

Lucia is nice unit on her 1 map long time of matterful existance

Mia is fast hitter with good skill activation rates in part 3 but suffers from lack of "good" 1-2 range and medicore movement

Stefan is filler if player is low on high lv units (is not)

me too. My god she sucks after part 2.

- BEXPing her from Lvl13-Lvl20 Trueblade pretty much ensures maxed out stats. For her LUCK, just use two Ashera Icons.

1) so does about 50-70 of units in this game

2) or we can give the BEXP to someone not a total facepalm. Like Mia.

- She's got amazing AVO and I've barley had any issues keeping her alive (even on her worst biorhythm she's hard to kill).

I rarely have issues keeeping anyone who is not Magic user/Aran alive.

- She's notorious for unexpected crits (watch goldieX39's Trueblade Battle Royale video). There's been many a time they've come without warning.

2 options:

1) So does every other Trueblade with less effort.

2) Personal Experience Mean Nothing. My Aran Crits every time he hits.

- Her RES makes her far more useful to use against Sephiran and Ashera than the other 4. Mia died in one hit from Ashera targeting her; Lucia survived with 12HP left. Hmm...

- Parity works wonders against Sephiran and Ashera. Sephiran stands on a tile that gives him +10DEF and +15AVO; Parity cancels that out. Losing your bonuses aside, using Reyson's Galdrar, then someone to heal her, Lucia can take out Sephiran easily. Also, she deals far more damage when using Parity against them and has a small chance of dodging Sephiran or Ashera (I wait for the day to see that happen).

Or we can give parity to someone who actually deal matterful damage like Royals.

Basically, patience is a virtue. I also believe that with Edward; who I rank at No. 1 for the Trueblades. He's really a powerful unit of great use and he also near maxes out his stats like Lucy.

Any Trueblade maxes just about everything easily. Well maybe not Stefan. Funny thing is they are still horridly insignificant.

I prefer Edward over Mia and Lucia over Zihark. And then I prefer the two of them over the other 3 Trueblades. Ha...quite funny when I look at it mellow.gif

I Prefer Lucia too if we ignore everything that has anything to do with gameplay...

Blatant favoritism. The same could be said for other Trueblades, but at least they don't require me to go out of my way just so "they'll get maxed stats". Besides, capped stats aren't important here. And Lucia's caps are the same as Mia's anyways.
- She's got amazing AVO and I've barely had any issues keeping her alive (even on her worst biorhythm she's hard to kill).

Personal experience means nothing. Just because you've gotten lucky with one character, it doesn't mean the same will happen with everyone else.
Adding to the Lucia and Mia have the same caps and the PEMN things, I could just BEXP Mia, or give her Talismans if I wanted her to get more RES. Besides, enemy mages aren't much of a common enemy.
I can get the same result, if not a better result, without Lucia. All of this is basically telling me is that it's worth removing Parity from Lucia if anything. Edited by Little Al