Ayra is such a scrub

Dark Sage

84 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion on Ayra

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- She doesn't even max Str on average. 23.7 with a 27 average, 10% of capping. Hell, she even doesn't consistently cap Spd ("only" 54% of the time). Also, she doesn't join with these stats capped, and even if she did, she still wouldn't have a horse.

- The Hero Sword is not hers alone, and the only things that will survive 5+ hits from her are likely taking very little damage to begin with. Hero Sword "wastes" Continue.

- Her kids suffer from the same problem, but this topic is not really about them.

Ayra has great offense. Now if only she could invest like, half of her overkill hits into her movement or durability, we would be getting somewhere.

So if you don wanna she has hero sword, the slim sword or silver rather good too

Yep, she can't have a horse and with her bad movement, thanks that damn bad thing

She has 17 at first time we meet, and + 5 spd at her promotion and 30% spd growth rates, why do you think she can't max spd ???

But the best of ayra is her skill

her max skill can active meteor hit often

continue helps her finish enemy faster if she can't active meteor hit

well, she's first gen char, so we don't have to worry much about her, except loving ;)

She has 17 at first time we meet, and + 5 spd at her promotion and 30% spd growth rates, why do you think she can't max spd ???

This is called averages. Averages says that Ayra doesn't cap speed.

EDIT: To be perfectly fair, the site itself says that there's roughly a 50% chance for Ayra to cap speed at 30.

Edited by Integrity

I'd like to know the site calculates the averages, tbh. It doesn't seem like the usual base+(level-1)*growth (+promo bonus) formula. Each increment's not even consistent.

The increments are consistent before certain stats approach their cap.

The averages are actually true averages. If we randomly generate 10,000 Ayras at level 25 promoted, the sample average for spd will be 28.0 (to be more exact, there's an x% chance that it'll be within y points of 28.0, with x being very large and y being very small). The reason why it's not higher like expected is because a certain subset of those Ayras will have capped spd, so all of those Ayras that could have had 31+ spd will still only have 30 spd.

The method that you described is more accurately termed as calculating the expected value, but we've used the term "average" for so long that the members of the community usually equate the two. Most of the time, when a character has not gained enough levels to possibly cap a stat, the average is equivalent to the expected value, and even after that point, for low growths, the expected value closely approximates the average (since the set of, for example, Ayras who've gained 13 def points in 13 level ups is negligibly small).

Edited by dondon151

I am not sure that Ayra can classify as amazing, or godly even in ranked play. She easily gets very high marks and ranks as good to great for being able to hit level cap on her own without needing feeding or set-up, but unwanted Astra activations will kill foes you were trying to soften for scrubs like Ardan, which is kind of a mark against her.

That's a horrible point. Ayra's too good at killing things?

Don't you hate it when Myrmidon fans are willing to ignore all that strength and defense and 1-2 range Armors have in favour of a larger Speed stat?

Seriously. Fuckers.

EDIT: Also, why are you still arguing about a game you've never played?

Screw both of them, it's all about the mercenaries. laugh.gif

That's a horrible point. Ayra's too good at killing things?

Actually, while the intent was probably to be cheeky, it's quite a point. Ayra's not too good at killing things, she's too unpredictable. Since playing for ranks necessitates raising scrubs who can't level themselves, Ayra can't be used reliably to help them because of highly random Astra procs.

Not a strong point, sure, but it certainly is a point.

If Dew is not a bad unit, who is? Even Ardan can promoted at the beginning of Ch4 if you throw enough things at him.

Dew needs resources for one chapter, and then he's good to go. Ardan requires the pursuit ring to double, Dew only needs it before promotion, and doesn't have very much speed. Our average promoted Ardan has 9 speed, 14 if we feel like giving him the speed ring. Dew has a rather lovely 26, as well as 70-ish avoid compared to Ardan's 30 (including the speed ring). Ardan does have durability but he's also getting hit more.

Ardan isn't totally unusable, he just requires a long-term hold of resources that others could use. In drafts, I've found he has contributed from time to time. The only character I consider a bad unit in the first generation is Tiltyu, coming late, underleveled and facing WTD against the wind mages.

Back to the topic of Ayra, her speed is significantly high enough on average for it to not matter. 29 is still a rather impressive speed stat, I can't imagine there are any enemies she would face that she wouldn't double otherwise. That 2 avoid is also unlikely to save her too.

AYRA

WORST UNIT EVAR!

Also lol @ CrashGordin whining about Movement.

Ardan isn't totally unusable, he just requires a long-term hold of resources that others could use.

He takes like 3 KiloMias full of resources. Ask Paperblade. ;/

Edited by Colonel M

One chapter?

Surely you jest.

I jest not. Both myself and Horace have got him to fight the Cross Knights in the woods. By the beginning of chapter 4, he's ready to promote;

End of Chapter 2 compared to end of chapter 3

LV XP HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS Items
Dew 2   06 87 30 04 00 08 17 16 03 02 Iron Sword, Slim Sword
Dew 3	19 05 39 15 01 14 22 21 10 02 Iron Sword, Slim Sword, Light Sword, Elite/Pursuit Rings

In this instance he got the strength village, but that was after he got all that XP. Featured in FE4 Draft Z. http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=28195&view=findpost&p=1715331

Ardan does require a lot to use. I managed to promote him in FE4 First Gen Draft, but he did require the Hero Sword and a little help. There's no denying he needs a lot of resources.

I jest not. Both myself and Horace have got him to fight the Cross Knights in the woods. By the beginning of chapter 4, he's ready to promote;

End of Chapter 2 compared to end of chapter 3

LV XP HP ST MG SK SP LK DF RS Items
Dew 2   06 87 30 04 00 08 17 16 03 02 Iron Sword, Slim Sword
Dew 3	19 05 39 15 01 14 22 21 10 02 Iron Sword, Slim Sword, Light Sword, Elite/Pursuit Rings

In this instance he got the strength village, but that was after he got all that XP. Featured in FE4 Draft Z. http://serenesforest...dpost&p=1715331

Ardan does require a lot to use. I managed to promote him in FE4 First Gen Draft, but he did require the Hero Sword and a little help. There's no denying he needs a lot of resources.

So does Ayra

well, whatever anyone think about her, a man can have a different stactics

Can't say ayra is the worst unit ....

The worse is ardan

He has less movement than ayra, 13 spd @_@, and he's need a pursuit ring to hit twice

So does Ayra

well, whatever anyone think about her, a man can have a different stactics

Can't say ayra is the worst unit ....

The worse is ardan

He has less movement than ayra, 13 spd @_@, and he's need a pursuit ring to hit twice

My previous post was showing that Dew did indeed need one chapter with that stuff. Ardan is definitely worse than Ayra, but I'd still put him above Tiltyu as a unit. Her kids are great but she contributes very little to the first generation. At least Ardan can be used for tanking against axe users.

My previous post was showing that Dew did indeed need one chapter with that stuff. Ardan is definitely worse than Ayra, but I'd still put him above Tiltyu as a unit. Her kids are great but she contributes very little to the first generation. At least Ardan can be used for tanking against axe users.

So what do you think

Which stats are better

Ayra or dew

Dew's rock, but thief fighter str stat too weak ( only 23), speed is lower than swordmaster, but the best thing is his sunlight skil, he gonna a master annoyer and money stealer

When batlle woth boss, I prefer ayra more ;))

Tiltyu at least keeps Claude alive and can raise herself through the arena simply by having Wrath and a retry button. If she promotes, she has a staff. That has to be better than Ardan going for 10-turn long hikes.

Tiltyu at least keeps Claude alive and can raise herself through the arena simply by having Wrath and a retry button. If she promotes, she has a staff. That has to be better than Ardan going for 10-turn long hikes.

Oh how many Arena bouts did Linda win by just spamming until some swordmaster missed a 93% and she blicked him in return?

The days, the days...

Edited by Integrity

So what do you think

Which stats are better

Ayra or dew

Dew's rock, but thief fighter str stat too weak ( only 23), speed is lower than swordmaster, but the best thing is his sunlight skil, he gonna a master annoyer and money stealer

When batlle woth boss, I prefer ayra more ;))

Ayra's raw offense is better, I agree. Dew deals the same amount of damage regardless of Sunlight and really can't do that much until he gets going. Ayra's start is pretty solid, only waning a little in chapter 2. However, Dew has a noticeable avoid lead, and Sol lets him tank oncoming enemies better than Ayra can.

Neither are really meant for boss battles. The lack of canto means that they stop Sigurd from seizing and their movement means that they're not always near the front.

Fair play. Although Tiltyu isn't very likely to promote, I'll give her protecting Claude. I wonder if it's possible to keep him safe until Brigid arrives without her?

YOu're right, but it's very hard to promotes her ( in 3 times play I only promotes her one time)

ARdan has some place to train like protecting the castle form the pegasus knight( fury), so he's easier to max level

In the arena, my tiltuy never beat a swordfighter ( WFT!!!)

Edited by Izzak

Fair play. Although Tiltyu isn't very likely to promote, I'll give her protecting Claude. I wonder if it's possible to keep him safe until Brigid arrives without her?

The difficulty there is that Reserve doesn't heal himself. So Claude essentially has to dodge everything (he's 3hko'd) until Briggid can arrive, and then she has to work through the backlog of enemies to save Claude.

I've completed the chapter with Claude being attacked once, and I didn't move Tiltyu at all. This was a draft mind you, so Tiltyu got attacked once as well (and dodged). That's the only way Claude is surviving without her.

I worded it badly, but he got attacked once on turn 13, and I seized on turn 14. The pirate attacked Tiltyu on turn 12, missed, then went for Claude since I didn't move either of them. Or maybe Tiltyu killed one while I was frameskipping through it. All I know is he and Tiltyu both lived without doing anything (except getting hit/countering)