Ayra is such a scrub

Dark Sage

84 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion on Ayra

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Irrelevant. It doesn't matter how I behave, it's wrong to flame anybody at all and it's that way for a reason. If you think I'm "whining" and I annoy you, USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT!

Bullshit, Crash, your behavior makes all the difference in the world. Once you get out of your fantasy world and start to own up for your actions, you'll realize that your whining and bigotry make people feel perfectly justified in picking on you. Not only that, but you have consistently refused to take advice given to you in good faith; you have bitten the hands that reach out to help you, you have treated those who try to help you like crap, and you have made yourself an outcast on these forums.

Instead of lashing out at people using their right of free speech to disagree with you or whatever, you should accept that the internet is bigger than just yourself and whatever white knights you still have and engage in some self-improvement. Otherwise, you're always free to find another forum whose members are willing to tolerate those who flout their bigotry and unwillingness to change.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

I don't think anyone hates Ayra, per se, just that she isn't optimal in an efficiency setting due to FE4 placing so much importance on movement. Which... is one major thing I didn't like about the game, since movement isn't /as/ big of an importance (although still very important, but units on foot with great offense are actually seeing more uses) in the later games.

Now I don't play FE4 efficiently at all. I like to overkill things with people I like, and Ayra (and Lakche) are my favorite female characters in the series so I shove all the favoritism on them. But that's an entirely different playstyle altogether.

WHY would anyone hate Ayra?

I don't think anyone hates her; it's more along the lines that (for the most part) her detractors in this thread realize that she has her fair share of shortcomings.

Edited by Black★Rock Shooter

Irrelevant. It doesn't matter how I behave, it's wrong to flame anybody at all and it's that way for a reason. If you think I'm "whining" and I annoy you, USE THE IGNORE FUNCTION AND YOU WON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT!

Maybe if you didn't behave like an asshole in the first place, you wouldn't get framed. Got it? Or do I have to use smaller words?

"if possible". i.e. I can't stop postin if I have to defend myself.

faithpalm-jesus-god-facepalm-bible-faithpalm-fail-religion-c-demotivational-poster-1271278061.jpg

I'd have yelled at him myself if I weren't marginally nicer than Furet, tbh.

Then I'd be saying this to you too if you were the one doing it.
I'd tolerate the bad grammar more if his points were actually valid.
First you say spelling then you say grammar? Stick to a stance.
I can't blame Furet for being fed up with it. And I found his post perfectly understandable.
No his example about Italian forums didn't make sense at all. As far as blaming Furetchen... well, yes you can, because he chose to read the post and respond accordingly. The person hasn't even made that many posts yet and you have no clue what his background is- it's not right to be so presumptuous.

...just a thought, this looks kinda like something Crash could (actually) back out of and MR/Lumi could take to PM/profile comments.

Ayra's still, ostensibly, the thread topic guys.

There's only so much you can say about Ayra. Apparently she's overrated by a percieved portion of the 50 non-Japanese people* who've played this game, but she doesn't have enough movement (and possibly defence too) to be as good as your top tier units.

I've had the same experience. The only reason people ever think Midir has issues is because they think Jamka owns the Killer Bow.

Eh, I've always thought Midir was quite mediocre. With the Killer Bow. I thought people hated archers!

*If you actually think that I think that this is the case, then you would be wrong

Edited by Refa

Eh, I've always thought Midir was quite mediocre. With the Killer Bow. I thought people hated archers!

Generally, he's not going to destroy legions of enemies, unless they're force to attack him at 2-range for some reason, Being bow-locked means enemies seem to be quite fond of going after him, with no means of retaliating.

I don't think anyone hates Ayra, per se, just that she isn't optimal in an efficiency setting due to FE4 placing so much importance on movement. Which... is one major thing I didn't like about the game, since movement isn't /as/ big of an importance (although still very important, but units on foot with great offense are actually seeing more uses) in the later games.

Now I don't play FE4 efficiently at all. I like to overkill things with people I like, and Ayra (and Lakche) are my favorite female characters in the series so I shove all the favoritism on them. But that's an entirely different playstyle altogether.

I couldn't care less about LTC and I still found Ayra and Lakche rarely keeping up, despite liking using them. Only game where I've had that problem in standard gameplay; it's definitely much more of an issue in FE4 than in other games.

Edited by Othin

Generally, he's not going to destroy legions of enemies, unless they're force to attack him at 2-range for some reason, Being bow-locked means enemies seem to be quite fond of going after him, with no means of retaliating.

FE4 has the most bizzare AI, frequently enemies with handaxes would attack Midir at range when they could easily do otherwise.

See Othin, by all the favoritism, I mean "fuck Celice and dancers Ayra and Lakche are getting the leg ring. And the knight ring. Because I want to."

Ah, now that makes sense.

How'd you pull off Claude not getting attacked? Do the Pirates divert to chase Briggid down, or were you quick with the Orgahil Seize?

If you have Fury, you can send her up and have her help out, but I'm not sure how quickly she is able to make it...I think it's like 2 turns if she approaches as close as possible to Claude and Tiltyu's new position prior to seizing?

Hmmm...any differences I could find would be splitting hairs. I'll concede that point, but I still refute the idea that Ayra proccing Astra is a bad thing. It is bad when the only way Ayra can kill something is by relying on her skill%. Relying on her procing Astra is definetely a point against her. However, getting Astra when you didn't expect it is a good thing, because it helps remove more enemies and freeing up your other units who you may have been babying to weaken other units; and what is that if not benificial to efficiency? Anyways, there are tons of enemies in FE4, and the chances of Ayra proccing Astra against every enemy in the wave of enemies is rather unlikely. In fact, proccing Astra helps whittle down the enemies to a manageable level for your weaker units that you are babying. This is not GBA Fire Emblem where you can easily weaken individual enemies for your growth units. You are fighting waves of enemies, and if Ayra didn't have Astra to kill off a few of them, chances are you wouldn't be able to bring your weaker units in anyways, because they'd get killed on the enemy phase. Astra is a blessing, don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

Proccing astra, criticals, etc can lead a unit to take more rounds of combat than expected, more damage being inflicted, and your unit dying. This tends to require high enemy density and a "glass cannon" PC with moderate or worse dodge. It doesn't happen often in FE4, admittedly.

Ayra perhaps can kill yurius (without nihils)

I love you.

I could present a certain rule that you have just broken but I'd get warned since that would require me doing the exact same thing you are doing.

Bit of advice: if you care about the rules, reporting is not mini-modding.

Hector is still going pretty strong.

I always wondered why people thought Hector is so great. He's the best lord of the game, but his speed growth is horrible (well, not good enough anyways).