Ayra is such a scrub

Dark Sage

84 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion on Ayra

I think Ayra is a scrub. She has no mount and very poor durability. Her offense seems awesome until you remember that lots of other people have awesome offense too. Lex has terrific offense, Holyn has Luna, Sigurd has Silver Sword and is just Sigurd, Jamka has the important multi hit skills, and Fin/Cuan/Fury are also awesome with a Hero Lance.

Discuss.

Edited by Dark Sage

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Lex has terrific offense, Holyn has Luna, Sigurd has Silver Sword and is just Sigurd, Jamka has the important multi hit skills, and Fin/Cuan/Fury are also awesome with a Hero Lance.

Holyn deals about the same damage as Aira without Luna, and Luna is nowhere near as effective as Astra.

Sigurd IS just Sigurd. But even he struggles against some high HP/DEF enemies

Jamka's offence is pretty luck reliant. If nothing activates he's no better than Aira. He also has no enemy phase, massively reducing his offence.

There's only one Hero Lance between the three.

Lex's offence only really picks up after he gets the Hero Axe, but after that, yeah, he's pretty dominant.

You forgot to point out, Aira picks up a Hero Sword of her own. At which point her offence goes up to ridiculous levels.

I'm not going to say Aira is the best character in Gen 1, because, well, that'd be stupid. But her excellent stats and all around effectiveness make her better than even a number of mounted units.

Holyn deals about the same damage as Aira without Luna, and Luna is nowhere near as effective as Astra.

Slightly less damage, actually. Holyn has more strength and his higher base level means an earlier promotion time.

Jamka's offence is pretty luck reliant. If nothing activates he's no better than Aira. He also has no enemy phase, massively reducing his offence.

He also has more skills that can activate. While Ira has exactly one skill (Astra) Jamka has two (Charge and Continue), plus access to the Killer Bow for a third and later on, the Hero Bow, which only has one other good user while the Hero Sword has about 7 good users competing for it.

There's only one Hero Lance between the three.

Fin and Cuan leave after Chapter 3, so the only units competing for the Hero Lance are Fury, Alec, Noish, and Sigurd.

Lex's offence only really picks up after he gets the Hero Axe, but after that, yeah, he's pretty dominant.

You forgot to point out, Aira picks up a Hero Sword of her own. At which point her offence goes up to ridiculous levels.

Aira has to share the Hero Sword with other sword users, of which there are a ton.

Now, I wouldn't exactly call Aira the best character in the world, but she does have good enough offense to be worth using. As for the poor durability card, quite a few combat units have low durability too(Azel and Lachesis, I'm looking at you. Not that Lachesis should be fighting anyway and Azel has 1-2 range so his durability woes are lessened.) And looking at the no mount card, a lot of units have this problem, too(Holyn, Jamka, Levin, Brigid, Azel and Lachesis pre-promotion, and the clerics) And even if other people have comparable offense to Aira(and in the case of Sigurd, Levin, and Brigid, better because they get holy weapons later on), there are still tons of units that have considerably worse offense than her.

Edited by darkandroid125

lol. Ayra is one of the worst first picks for a draft.

Really? Tiltyu, Briggid, and Sylvia are surely worse.

Ayra gets you: Meteor, Unscrewable kids, awesome availabilty, just to name a few things.

Really? Tiltyu, Briggid, and Sylvia are surely worse.

Ayra gets you: Meteor, Unscrewable kids, awesome availabilty, just to name a few things.

No staves, she and her kids have no mount, costs turns due to difficult recruitment, all of which are terrible in drafts. And again, her durability can hinder her in chapters.

Tiltyu can give you the possibility of a good Holsety Arthur. Briggd is probably a worse pick yeah.

I don't know what drugs you're on to think Sylvia is a worse pick for a draft than Ayra.

Edited by Dark Sage

No staves, she and her kids have no mount, costs turns due to difficult recruitment, all of which are terrible in drafts. And again, her durability can hinder her in chapters.

Tiltyu can give you the possibility of a good Holsety Arthur. Briggd is probably a worse pick yeah.

I don't know what drugs you're on to think Sylvia is a worse pick for a draft than Ayra.

Have you ever drafted FE4? Ayra is easy to recruit after practicing a few times, and you'll want to get her anyway for that hero sword.

No one gets Holsety Arthur unless they draft Tiltyu fourth. People are that terrified of Holsety Arthur, that they steal Levin to prevent it from happening.

Sylvia isn't really worth much. Sure, she can dance, but she gets you: A son that won't exist, a daughter that costs turns, and she needs a ton of money for knight ring (wich is nice to have on Celice in chapter 6 anyway). She will not get leg. Sigurd needs leg.

Edited by Komatsu

I've only seen a dancer be immensely useful in a FE4 Draft once. And that was a first gen only draft. Horace pretty much destroyed everyone with Sylvia.

But FE4 dancers lack movement to help your horseback units (like your lord). So they get to eat the lords dust and help the other 6 move units, which is nice, but Sylvia is still not the best pick ever. I never said she was bad. I just pointed out her (many) flaws.

Edited by Komatsu

She's good. Just good. There's nothing wrong with being good. There's no shame in being worse than Sigurd; it's like being better than Ardan, pretty much everyone fits that category. The only thing I don't really like about her is the lack of a mount. That is kind of a big deal, but eh, decent offense, decent defense, goes well in Arenas, free Hero Sword, it all works out.

Ayra > Sylvia for a draft

Defeneatly not. I don't know why alot of people make the same mistake of picking Ayra first, and leave Sylvia as a last first round pick. This is coming from a person that never really respected refreshers in FE enough as to consider them important.

Relevant to this topic:

Ayra is ok. She lacks a mount and her durability is indeed mediocre.

Edited by Bedivere

I'm curious, and used to a different definition of the word than is being used. What does scrub mean in this context?

A unit mediocre to bad. And for the record, Ayra is a scrub because she has too many flaws holding her back.

I also don't understand how somebody can say Ayra has good durability unless they are joking.

Imagine if Tedius saw this topic...

Ayra's alright.

<3 Tedius

Ayra is a good unit, but there's never really any one point in FE4 where she really stood out to me as a unit, not like say Sigurd and Levin. Lakche and Skashaher, however, tend to stand pretty nicely in gen 2.

Off of gameplay function, she's a cool character, but not as awesome as Levin.

Edited by BlueMartianKitty