Ayra is such a scrub

Dark Sage

84 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion on Ayra

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's worse than everyone with a mount, except maybe Alec, Noish, and Midir. The Hero Sword isn't really a point for her since anyone with B Swords can use it, she just doesn't have to pay Gold for it (but it's not like anyone can't afford it). Just because the story says it's hers doesn't make it her personal weapon.

Worse than everyone with a mount except three is a fairly high number, and she's better than a number of people without a mount. So... she's about average, in a game where the benchmark for the average unit is that they're pretty good. That's what I said. Although to be honest I think Noish might be more practically useful solely because he's physically present to do things in a number of Sigurd rushes, but my point isn't that she's amazing, merely that she's good.

And while she doesn't have to use the Hero Sword, she has to exist to receive it. That's not a big deal in a normal game as you'll always have her alive, but I suppose in a draft that's something of a point in favor of drafting her, even if it's solely to make somebody else better. Assuming the draft doesn't wuss out and let you recruit her and deploy her solely to get the sword.

It's not "Movement whoring", it's just that most here realize going under an effecient scenario is the best way to go and judge characters by. I am not too big on Mov, but even I lack some patience having to snail for someone like Ayra just so they can get some combat.

I have no objections to how you and a group of others choose to play the game and discuss your preferred tiers, but LTC cuts out far too much content from the games to be objectively considered the "best" way to do either one, particularly when rankings exist. This is particularly true for FE4, a game with ranks, offering several characteristics for which characters can be efficient while allowing more of the game to become relevant, rather than simply LTC. Indeed, LTC is just one of many efficiencies that can be used as a goal for a given playthrough and tier list, and efficiency should never be used as a synonym for LTC.

Due to the risk of being misunderstood again, perhaps I should note that this sort of thing is all that I am suggesting:

It's not "Movement whoring", it's just that some here prefer going under an LTC scenario as a way to go and judge characters by.

Do we not care about Sigurd having the leg ring for chapters 4/5?

Unless we're low turning it, he doesn't need it in C4, he does need it in C5 to get the Broken Tyrfing, though. Ayra can keep it until then, and in fact she could use it after Sigurd talks to Vylon.

Unless we're low turning it, he doesn't need it in C4, he does need it in C5 to get the Broken Tyrfing, though. Ayra can keep it until then, and in fact she could use it after Sigurd talks to Vylon.

I've never used Leg Ring Sigurd to get Tyrfing. It probably makes it a lot easier and a bit faster, but it's not at all necessary if I could do it all 5 times I've played FE4. Now, if you want Celice to have it, then sell it to Siggy in Phinora. I like Lakche to have mine.

Syvia stomps Ayra into a fine paste when it comes to using the Leg Ring if Sigurd's not using it.

Syvia stomps Ayra into a fine paste when it comes to using the Leg Ring if Sigurd's not using it.

Essentially, this. If we don't assume Sigurd has the Leg Ring, there are a whole list of supporters I'd rather want with +3 MOV than another fighter. I'd probably prioritize Aideen or Claude over Ayra, and neither of those over Sylvia.

EDIT: And if we're giving it to a fighter who needs help keeping up because fuck support for some reason, Levin would go over Ayra too.

Edited by Integrity

EDIT: And if we're giving it to a fighter who needs help keeping up because fuck support for some reason, Levin would go over Ayra too.

/pipes up and helps Integ throw one of my fave characters under a bus again

After promotion even Levin can use staves.

Dew has decent claim to the leg ring in the first leg of chapter 4, otherwise it's Sigurd all the way, unless you're good at dancing or like Rescue Leaf.

I have no objections to how you and a group of others choose to play the game and discuss your preferred tiers, but LTC cuts out far too much content from the games to be objectively considered the "best" way to do either one, particularly when rankings exist. This is particularly true for FE4, a game with ranks, offering several characteristics for which characters can be efficient while allowing more of the game to become relevant, rather than simply LTC. Indeed, LTC is just one of many efficiencies that can be used as a goal for a given playthrough and tier list, and efficiency should never be used as a synonym for LTC.

I am not sure that Ayra can classify as amazing, or godly even in ranked play. She easily gets very high marks and ranks as good to great for being able to hit level cap on her own without needing feeding or set-up, but unwanted Astra activations will kill foes you were trying to soften for scrubs like Ardan, which is kind of a mark against her.

I am not sure that Ayra can classify as amazing, or godly even in ranked play. She easily gets very high marks and ranks as good to great for being able to hit level cap on her own without needing feeding or set-up, but unwanted Astra activations will kill foes you were trying to soften for scrubs like Ardan, which is kind of a mark against her.

Now that, I can agree with as a concern and uncertainty.

Think she's a great unit I've never once had her die she has incredible dodge and can really hold her own . She's a good unit not bad not decent not fantastic just good . The two red and green paladins are deccent units ,bewolfs a decent unit, dew and Arden are terriable units . however, holyn ,jameka , azel(after promotion ) and ayra are good units they can hold their own and I rarely worry about them dying .

Dew's not a bad unit, he just needs some time to get going, and a few resources. With the Pursuit Ring, Elite Ring and Light Sword, he can be promoted at the beginning of chapter 4. Admittedly, his claim to them is only really that good in a draft, but a well trained Dew makes getting to the bridge easier. He's also not bad at fending off Thracia's dragons, even with WTD.

Ayra's good.

But in my first and only time I played fe4, I wen the usual Lex x Aira. Aira got stuck witht he leg ring, and she was pretty good. :)

I also never thoguht about giving Sylvia the Leg Ring( but Levin with it is awesome!)

It's not hard to see what his problem with us is; LTCing is the scenario in which his hated Priscilla is in Top Tier and he can't get over it.

Not just that, it's also that movement whores are willing to disregard so many things in favour of a larger MOV stat. :-_-:

Crash, this is FE4. Move is ridiculously important due to how big the maps are.

Now, I did vote for Ayra is godly, but that's because I call her my goddess and goddesses are godly. So that's a different reason than most of the other people who vote there. Objectively, without the intense favoritism I give to her, her issues stand out a lot more.

Though, there are instances in C2/3 where the low move guys can get in some action, since the mounted guys have to double back places why not let the footies station themselves in places where enemies are bound to appear the turn after Siggy seizes? I like to have Ayra wait at Madino for sivail to open up while Sigurd and team mounts go and beat up Shagaal, for instance.

I don't like how movement is so ridiculously important in this game, either. Due to the design of FE4 it puts it at a far higher importance than any other game. But that's the issue of preexisting game design so we can't do crap about it anyway.

On the other hand? Calling her a scrub? That's ridiculous also. Like many others, I objectively agree that she goes in good despite the location of my vote. Scrub is for those people with terrible movement AND combat on top of that.

...not that I've ever even given a crap about Ayra's issues, ever. The goddess has issues, I fix them. :B

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Not just that, it's also that movement whores are willing to disregard so many things in favour of a larger MOV stat. :-_-:

Don't you hate it when Myrmidon fans are willing to ignore all that strength and defense and 1-2 range Armors have in favour of a larger Speed stat?

Seriously. Fuckers.

EDIT: Also, why are you still arguing about a game you've never played?

Edited by Integrity

Thanks for ignoring my post, CrashGordon94, it means a lot to me.

Let the record show that Crash ignores the people who bring the best arguments against his case, which surprises nobody who knows him.

Thanks for ignoring my post, CrashGordon94, it means a lot to me.

Sorry, I just didn't have anything good to say in response...

I guess it's because it irritates me to see hordes of people lust nearly exclusively over one single stat.

I guess it's because it irritates me to see hordes of people lust nearly exclusively over one single stat.

I hate all that fapping to ATK that goes on, don't you?

EDIT: Because this post might be a little bit too vague, I'll clarify:

Not all stats are equal. Luck doesn't mean shit, so people don't lust over it. Movement means a LOT in this game you have zero experience with, so people lust over it.

Edited by Integrity