anti-humor

Lord Raven

let's post our favorite anti-jokes here!

(use http://anti-joke.com/ as a reference, but don't limit yourself to that site!)

One of my favorites that I saw:

Bob was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary. His wife was really angry.

She told him "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds and it better be there!!"

The next morning he got up early and told his wife to come to the driveway.

[spoiler=the "punch"line]He quickly pulled out a .44 magnum and murdered her violently.

it's not about the joke being dark, it's the fact that it's not a joke. it was setting up to be a joke then it just ended up telling a story of a guy who violently murdered his wife. that's what makes it an anti-joke. it's not a hard concept to understand.

anti-humor isn't not funny, it's a legitimate type of humor. just because you laughed and found humor from it doesn't mean it's not an anti-joke.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

but the punchline is the fact that bullets go fast when shot from a gun and he used a gun to shoot her and she asked for something that would go 0 to 200 mph in 6 seconds there's nothing about it at all that isn't a joke

bullets go faster than 200 in way less time... so it's not going 0 to 200 in 6 seconds but nobody looks into it like that... besides the bullet leaves the gun at 1000+ mph so it's actually not going from 0 to 200 in six seconds, it's going from 0 to 1000+ in less than a fraction of a second

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Actually, it is reaching 200 within 6 seconds, it just takes less time and reaches a higher speed

and that's what I instantly thought upon seeing it you just don't UNDERSTAND HUMOUR man

edit: and when it's in the gun before the trigger is pulled it's at 0 mph

Edited by Hikarussr

nah man let's like slow this shit down to planck time. I doubt it's like before the trigger is pulled it's not moving and then the next pT it's going 1000 mph. And besides, even if it is, that doesn't change the fact that it's instantly going from a speed of 0 to a speed of 200. I doubt his wife would have minded if the car went from 0 to 1000 in literally a single pT (except for the fact that she would crash pretty much instantly) but I doubt she would complain that it doesn't fulfill the criteria she gave.

ha ha ha really

she also didn't say "I want something that reaches exactly 200 mph from 0 in exactly 6 seconds". She said "I expect a gift that goes 0 to 200 in 6 seconds". There is nothing that implies six is the only possible value for time, nor is there anything implying that two hundred is the maximum value for the speed within that time.

I thought it was twisting the punchline to popular joke, like the first time I saw the joke in the OP there was a set of weighing scales there.

Or How can you tell if an elephant has been in your fridge

Not only is half your house destroyed but the fridge itself is completely fucked