Your Greatest Achievement?

Aurabolt

We'll break it into four Categories if you can't pick just one: Personal or Family, Work or School, Online and Social.

What would you say yours is?

My Greatest Achievement is never having to look for work. It always finds me. In America these days that is a pretty big deal. Anyone forced to downgrade to find work will understand where I'm coming from. I have also worked for the same company almost 10 years despite the massive layoffs in the Education Industry in recent years. Not too many people can still say with confidence they don't doubt their job will always be secure.

I don't.

Now that you've heard mine, what's yours? Of course if it's too personal, just go with something else. If you can't pick just one I gave you four categories ^_^

I have a whole folder of stuff I can look through and think "holy shit, I DID that?". Never mind having a degree and never having serious trouble with looking for work myself.

I don't really think about "what's the greatest thing I've done" as much as "what's the greatest thing I could be doing right now?" so that I have something to keep me busy.

Too bad I'm sick and don't have any energy to use what little time I have off after work these days regardless of health ;/

Weeelllllllll

My final grade in one of my classes in my very first semester of college is going to be an A? That's made me quite happy and it surprised my dad at least Even though the class is real easy so it shouldn't be much to brag about =3

Otherwise, I can't really think of any achievements that really stand out.

I have accepted that I will never accomplish an achievement I consider great.

This.

Some of my lesser achievements:

get an internship at one of the world's top 100 universities (it's ranked 54 I think but I won't be satisfied until it's at least ranked 20th)

started living on my own and am doing fine

preventing violence and the such within my family on numerous occasions

Oh and I had sex.

Maintaining an ~83 so far in bio... Right now its an 81 after a few test and some assingments that didn't go so well... This class is my stress of everyday... It makes me sick :sick:

Also i moved into the 90's in advance functions after having two test mess up with my communication and thinking marks yay!

this aren't great achievments but i don't do much anyway so i guess its some little achievement. Also, i have become a little less anxious around people and don't blush as often as i used to.

Haha. Very few my age accomplish anything. Very few twice, or even triple, my age accomplish anything of note.

I have not, and probably never will have had an accomplishment that can be seen as great. My greatest personal accomplishment will come if I attain my goal in earning a PhD in astrophysics, and perhaps even work at a private or government-run research institution (school, company, or organization like NASA).

Until then I feel I'm just like the next guy. That's not to say that if I achieve my goals I'll feel superior, but I will not feel like I'm exactly the same as everyone else.

I'm not sure I could list my "greatest achievement". There are a lot of things I am proud of, I can't say for sure which was greater than the rest.

I have a whole folder of stuff I can look through and think "holy shit, I DID that?". Never mind having a degree and never having serious trouble with looking for work myself.

I don't really think about "what's the greatest thing I've done" as much as "what's the greatest thing I could be doing right now?" so that I have something to keep me busy.

Too bad I'm sick and don't have any energy to use what little time I have off after work these days regardless of health ;/

At the risk of appearing egotistical, I have to say I can relate to Obviam and share the same mindset in this case for the most part, so I don't have a lot to add. Especially the second statement. Not only does thinking that way naturally promote success, but it's just plain productive.

3.6 GPA... It's not much and it makes me sad that it is so low. My best friend has something like a 3.9 in business school and my others are all so much more talented than me in various areas. My specialty? Not falling asleep in class.

Oh. I also rigged a Nickelodeon poll once for that 'you vote and we make a web episode based on the highest number of poll votes' thing. It was a episode about some jungle animals and I manage to rig it so the chameleon won.

I suppose I've done a few things I've found worthwhile, but nothing quite amazing. I am proud that I've gained some Japanese knowledge, so I've gained more confidence to actually try and translate a few things. A while ago I started on JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part IV, since I thought the first translation was pretty terribad, but I haven't been able to find any raws in good quality. A comparison of the opening of the first chapter:

jojo29003.jpg

afterpb.png

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently.

Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row. I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400.

My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me. I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations with the CIA.

I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid.

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prize-winning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin.

I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

But I have not yet gone to college.

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently.

Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row. I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.

Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets, I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.

I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and have won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat 400.

My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me. I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed several covert operations with the CIA.

I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid.

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four course meals using only a mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prize-winning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin.

I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.

But I have not yet gone to college.

Are you filled with beans?

I was pretty happy to get payed $100 to play background music with my old saxophone quartet for a dinner party, once :newyears: I was also pretty self-satisfied when I got my first black belt a couple years ago. I'll call myself content if I can invent a machine that accurately simulates any feeling imaginable, like the pain of giving birth or being exposed to outer space.

Edited by Rehab