Why doesn't anyone use Mario?

Junkhead

Anything he can do another character can do better. Mario is the master of none, this is alright on paper but when so many characters are have more strengths and just as few weaknesses (IE Snake, Marth,) he's moot.

Because balanced characters aren't nearly as much fun when there's the option of destroying everything with overpowered characters and/or challenging yourself with a character that sucks balls IMO. Isn't this kind of the reason people like Hector and Lyn a lot more than Eliwood?

Because balanced characters aren't nearly as much fun when there's the option of destroying everything with overpowered characters and/or challenging yourself with a character that sucks balls IMO. Isn't this kind of the reason people like Hector and Lyn a lot more than Eliwood?

Exactly.

Even Luigi can do more than Mario

I find Mario fun to play from time to time because of the stuff he can do in the air, his general lack of lag etc, but Wario ramps up my favorite parts of Mario's arsenal up to 11.

To be fair, he does have some tricks that aren't obvious. IIRC his upB, done out-of-shield, is invincible for the first moments of it, which is a pretty neat option to have. The FLUDD completely neuters some recoveries, too.

Because mario is bad. /thread

Nah, seriously. He has gimping shenanigans with his cape. His fireballs can be good in certain matchups but the lack of range gives him a TON of bad matchups. Like marth, metaknight, ddd, etc.

To be fair, he does have some tricks that aren't obvious. IIRC his upB, done out-of-shield, is invincible for the first moments of it, which is a pretty neat option to have. The FLUDD completely neuters some recoveries, too.

Or some attacks even... You don't want to be charging your aura and have someone push you off :(

I play with everyone but I won't deny Mario doesn't have too much interesting about him. Barring his water spray I'd say he's one of the more bland characters with his moveset etc. That doesn't mean I don't like or respect him, but just look at his moves--he has a projectile of some sort for 'b' like many other characters, basic punches/kicks for most of his moves, you could say his up+B is original but the basic movement isn't and the coins don't really do much, I might be forgetting a couple moves but I just don't find him very fun to play as, I can't exploit his moves, it's not challenging or heavily unique IMO. :\

Because Mario is sluggish and has a lack of range, getting beaten hard in many match-ups against characters who are played more. Heck, even an aggressive Toon Link would be better, and Toon Link is a lot about minimizing risks with projectiles. (or, as many want to put it, camping)

Somebody got it.

i'm glad i got where you were going with that, otherwise i'd would have come off as a huge asshole.

still i don't think removing mario is what the topic is about

on that note i still use mario the rare times i do pick up this game due to being an all time mario fan

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai