• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is that codpiece person one of these "Stands" I heard of as being Personas before Persona?

Yep. In fact, i think i remember reading something about how Stands directly inspired Personas. 

The picture i posted is a joke in reference to how whenever the main characters' theme comes on, they win the fight. In Giorno's case, his theme has a piano solo, hence the piano. Here's an example of that if you wanna see it (as a warning, it is kinda brutal. JoJo isn't gorey but still pretty violent. Just a warning in case you don't like that sort of thing).

Clone Wars season 7 comes out in a few weeks so i'll be binging seasons 1 through 6 before then.

I'm also kinda looking forward to The Mandalorian. It's been a few years since i was in a big Star Wars mode. It's a good feeling.

9 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Makes no sense, I'll just take the FE back and run off at the speed of light!!

*activates Clock Down*

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

have fun 😄

22 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Though that does give me time to get the other endings in Fairy Fencer, I guess.

did you start 2nd route yet?

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

did you start 2nd route yet?

Yep. It's pure mind-f***, like you promised. And I love it!
Though

I'm a bit salty about Sherman of all people being the protag for at least half of the thing.

One the other hand

I think I prefer this version of Tiara over the regular one

44jc4bx.jpg
Lol

21 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

So you are close to finishing the chaos comedy Route, i guess.

Actually, I don't know how close to finishing it I am. I'm guessing the reason why I'm getting through it so fast is because I carried over everything from my first playthrough (characters level 65+), so I can afford to avoid some battles. 

The last scene I saw had Lola join the party and the task being to find three separate items to rescue Tiara from inside the Vile God.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:
Spoiler

The last scene I saw had Lola join the party and the task being to find three separate items to rescue Tiara from inside the Vile God.

iirc you are about 80% way through then.

Also, Noire CG incoming

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yep. In fact, i think i remember reading something about how Stands directly inspired Personas. 

The picture i posted is a joke in reference to how whenever the main characters' theme comes on, they win the fight. In Giorno's case, his theme has a piano solo, hence the piano. Here's an example of that if you wanna see it (as a warning, it is kinda brutal. JoJo isn't gorey but still pretty violent. Just a warning in case you don't like that sort of thing).

Given the name of the series, having read someone say music is an influence on the series, and then running with the assumption part of its iconic nature comes from being well... bizarre in some memorable way, you could have told me a physical piano was actually involved and I'd have believed it.

My playing of 3H has begun, the ice is broken. I've played for roughly two recorded hours on Classic Hard, completing the third story battle. But I played for significantly longer actually, the very first fight needed a reset, I needed several on the second fight, and one on the first auxiliary battle. I was going a little too mindlessly, assuming the first few battles to be stupid easy 😅. I ended up having to turtle to be safe, even if Vincent J. Flynn (Male Byleth- the SMT-esque aesthetic is strong) has learned how to ORKO some stuff.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

iirc you are about 80% way through then.

Also, Noire CG incoming

Oh yeah, I was wondering when that would come up.
80% already, huh? I don't mind a shorter game, but like with Atelier Rorona, I'm always a little sad to see a good game be over so soon.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh yeah, I was wondering when that would come up.
80% already, huh? I don't mind a shorter game, but like with Atelier Rorona, I'm always a little sad to see a good game be over so soon.

You still have 3rd route to go through 😉

And you  won't be able to speedrun that since Enemies will be at lvl 60 after Route split

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

You still have 3rd route to go through 😉

And you  won't be able to speedrun that since Enemies will be at lvl 60 after Route split

Holy...
Good thing I've already gotten my peeps past that threshold, or else I would have gotten destroyed. Thanks for the heads up!

37 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Friendly reminder that Lysithea's Japanese VA also voices this based girl

She also voiced Futaba in Persona 5, Peashy/Yellow Heart in Hyperdimension Neptunia, Okita Souji in Fate/Grand Order, Eevee in Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, Io in Ys VIII, Yuuki in the Sword Art Online games, and Iris in the Pokémon anime. 
And there are others. Many others.
She has talent, that's for damn sure.

On a slightly different note: Friendly reminder that Rhea's dub voice is also the one behind... well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4r_p2sp6nY

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

She also voiced Futaba in Persona 5, Peashy/Yellow Heart in Hyperdimension Neptunia, Okita Souji in Fate/Grand Order, Eevee in Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, Io in Ys VIII, Yuuki in the Sword Art Online games, and Iris in the Pokémon anime. 
And there are others. Many others.
She has talent, that's for damn sure.

On a slightly different note: Friendly reminder that Rhea's dub voice is also the one behind... well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4r_p2sp6nY

Yeah, she has some amazing range, I went through her list today and damn she's really good.

----

Oh god what, hahahaha Rhea's VA also voicing her makes so much sense.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Holy...
Good thing I've already gotten my peeps past that threshold, or else I would have gotten destroyed. Thanks for the heads up!

Npnp!
Final dungeon is lvl 90-100 in 3rd route, so you gotta some tough enemies ahead 😄

Lvling up will be pretty easy however with world shaping in case you don't want to fight every enemy or grind

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Enjoy!

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

have fun 😄

Having fun i am. I've already written down my first impressions.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Given the name of the series, having read someone say music is an influence on the series, and then running with the assumption part of its iconic nature comes from being well... bizarre in some memorable way, you could have told me a physical piano was actually involved and I'd have believed it.

Unfortunately, there are no piano Stands........yet. However, while not a piano, there is something even more bizarre. There's a Stand called Ozon Baby (a reference to the Led Zepplin song Ozone Baby). When dormant, it looks like this

latest?cb=20190718181053

a near exact replica of a Lego White House.

And when active, it looks like this

Activated

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Lvling up will be pretty easy however with world shaping in case you don't want to fight every enemy or grind

Oh yeah, that it will. It's already been handy in getting the necessary weapon points to unlock more stuff. My characters can finally attack 4 times each! Battles are so much better now.

---

On a different note, I just got done watching Episode 4 of the Neptunia anime. It's actually pretty damn good so far. I'm honestly surprised. It tells an almost entirely original story, just borrows some elements from Re;Birth 2 and 3 (or rather mk2 and Victory).
Also, anime Iffy > games Iffy.

Just now, Armagon said:

Nice, nice!

You know, maybe Florida isn't such a bad place after all.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

On a different note, I just got done watching Episode 4 of the Neptunia anime. It's actually pretty damn good so far. I'm honestly surprised.

Ah, the Neptunia anime. I go back to it from time to time. Definitly the best anime adaptation of a video game imo. There's also two OVAs (the second one came out not too long ago) so don't forget to watch those too when you finish with the TV series.