The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I keep seeing people be like "if you love JRPGs, Dragon Quest 11 is a must play" and i kinda just feel like the odd man out because i do love JRPGs but Dragon Quest as a whole is so incredibly textbook definition that i don't feel the need to play it. There's nothing in Dragon Quest that makes me go "ooh, i wanna play that". This is also how i feel about Final Fantasy, even if it does have some sci-fi elements. 

Are you me? Because that's exactly how i feel about them.

Maybe when i get a Switch and play DQ demo (because PC players are not allowed to get a demo, ever. yay.), i will change my mind, but being so incredibly textbook kinda throws me off, so to say.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I recognize the Love is War OP when i see it.

14 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I have been listening to it for the last week alot for some reason <.<

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Conquest ending really hit her hard, huh?

That, or Neptune once again landed in another Dimension without taking Nepgear with her.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I keep seeing people be like "if you love JRPGs, Dragon Quest 11 is a must play" and i kinda just feel like the odd man out because i do love JRPGs but Dragon Quest as a whole is so incredibly textbook definition that i don't feel the need to play it.

I understand the sentiment to an extent. It's practically what I feel about any Final Fantasy game after VII, pretty much.

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Get well soon!

Thank you!

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

wb43odmi97v31.png

Poor, poor Nepgear.

15 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

God I love Fallout 76, seeing the ways this game fucks up is just so enjoyable.

Same. I'm not interested in the game in the slightest, but that trainwreck is quality entertainment!

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I keep seeing people be like "if you love JRPGs, Dragon Quest 11 is a must play" and i kinda just feel like the odd man out because i do love JRPGs but Dragon Quest as a whole is so incredibly textbook definition that i don't feel the need to play it. There's nothing in Dragon Quest that makes me go "ooh, i wanna play that". This is also how i feel about Final Fantasy, even if it does have some sci-fi elements. 

Also this part is blashemous appearently but i actually don't think Toryiama's designs for human DQ characters are great. They ain't bad or anything but his human Dragon Ball characters look much better in my opinion. At least Dragon Quest monster designs are great.

Parroting Shrimperor here, but are you me? Because I feel the same way about the games.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It'll go away soon so just hang in there. On the bright side, Atelier Ryza should make the sickness more bearable.

That it definitely does. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Personally, if you're someone who bought the Fallout 76 subscription service, you deserve to be ganged up on in the game and in real life.

I really hope Betheseda keeps fucking up Fallout 76 so it can be the trainwreck that never ends.

Agreed on both accounts.

---

So, I got started on Atelier Ryza and I was immediately blown away by how beautiful the game is. Like... it's probably the most beautiful game I've ever played and that's including gems like Okami and Shadow of the Colossus. I didn't think they could, but Gust actually managed to make the game even more beautiful-looking than Atelier Lulua. First impression for the characters are also pretty great. Interesting tidbit: there is one character that kinda looks like they took Arnice (protagonist of Nights of Azure) and changed her design a bit.
More importantly, the gameplay is pretty great. Haven't had the opportunity do to much alchemy (or any at all) as of right now, but I like the combat system so far. Contrary to previous fears, it doesn't seem to be as egregious as Final Fantasy's idea of an ATB system.
And most importantly, they brought "it" back.
JTRuRqj.jpg
Never mind the cute girl protagonist (and Ryza herself is adorable as heck, as per tradition), never mind the alchemy; THIS is when you know you're playing an Atelier game.

*excuse the weird borders around the image. The PS4 version has those for... whatever reason.
Why didn't I get the Switch version? Well, I had the money to get the game on my PS4 already, so... yeah. That's why. Costs the same on both consoles.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also this part is blashemous appearently but i actually don't think Toryiama's designs for human DQ characters are great. They ain't bad or anything but his human Dragon Ball characters look much better in my opinion. At least Dragon Quest monster designs are great.

Dragon Quest plays it both straight and also takes some nice turns here and there. It's nothing revolutionary sure but it does the typical tropes well enough. I can see why the game is so loved.

My problem with the game is that at some point a plot event happened that seriously soured my experience with the game and since then I moved on to playing my other new games that I need to complete. Oh, and if you're going to put a mute MC in a JRPG don't make it an important character. DQXI MC looks stupid when he doesn't say anything and just spaces off. It's not Pokemon Sun/Moon levels of bad but he definitely needs a voice.

23 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I swear Fallout 76 is a social experiment. The true purpose of vault 76 is how far the players are willing to go for this game.

Bethesda: "It was a prank bro! Just a social experiment!"

Hopefully, the brand itself survives but perhaps transfered to someone else. Maybe back to Obsidian... then again, another West Coast game could be best if not near the Southwest... not sure I want to know what canonical outcome they give to the Second Battle of Hoover Dam.

I've played some DQs: IV, V, VII, and VIII, with intentions to get III, VI, and XI. The games are archaic in gameplay despite modern improvements they've made, and admittedly it's their "great classics" status that drove me to play them initially.

Still, DQ isn't bad. And the franchise doesn't take itself so seriously like FF, which puts on airs of greatness, which it nowadays has choked on, and in retrospect does not always deserve I'd say even when it wasn't an acclaimed failure like XIII or XV (X, Tactics). I'd like a little more character depth from DQ, given the franchise relies on charm, but otherwise things work well enough.

Random 3H Log Part 4:

Spoiler

The Iggy paralogue appeared challenging at first, and I needed a rewind because a stupid mistake. Otherwise it wasn't bad, though I think I shouldn't have opened the escape point on turn 2, since that made the merchants go north into nearly fatal trouble b/c I had lowered the bridge yet. East group baited the east beastie, and the center one was slain at the chokepoint.

Because I hadn't any fliers, I was not in an optimal situation for the next story fight. I managed to save all the villagers, but Black Rider and his coterie weren't slain, nor the south chest's contents obtained. Listeria didn’t learn Warp until after this map too, she is just too magically overpowering- incredible offense and Warp is one good combo.

The coastal Paralogue was again weighed down b/c no fliers other than the new guy who sadly permanently didn't join me afterwards. I wish the enemies were more readily distinct, I did not realize Assassins and Warlocks were amongst the enemies, forcing two rewinds. Yet my two black mages cleared the sands, flier dude got rid of most enemies in the water, and almost everyone else went east and ran up that way. The end was Wyvernman and my mages teaming up on the island with the weird ruins. That new staff will go great on my second attack mage.

Another battle with Jerry as an NPC. Although it was close on the northeast student, I managed to save everyone in this short, but still fun and not an easy monster battle. I can tell something must have happened judging from Byleth's facial expression afterwards.

The Hilda Paralogue with this new and weak kid I didn’t get to keep wasn’t perfectly done. I lacked any fliers, so the northern Knight perished, and later because I forgot about it, so went one of the southern ones too. I had to full reset after getting myself into a particularly bad situation here, I had to move my lone cav into the west group. The two bird monsters… why does the enemy get these and we can’t tame them? They did provide a bit of early map challenge. But once destroyed, Defend worries disappeared. Even if saving the rest of the greens required some effort.

Next story battle- so this is this Kronya girl who made it into FEH. She looked threatening, but I didn't need a single rewind here. Subduing the beasts was the first challenge, but then it was fine. Part 2 was just some tight early turns as is common, but otherwise it too was manageable. Byleth got their special class I see, I don't like the cosmetic change though.

A rare beast fight featuring a rusted Gradivus for the second time, the powerful swordie enemies I overestimated and they kill it first though. Oh well, I still don't know how I'd remove the rust from the lance.

Chapter 11 was actually hard for a change. I don't get why the game cut me down to 9 unit slots over 10. I couldn't tackle both beasts at once and the left one nearly killed me, it chased and hit me on the battlefield for a while. Claude risked his life stopping one crest thief from nearly escaping, but AI movement order and Byleth placement spared him. After the beasts and the crest thieves, the map was all but won. I don't get why Fire Embleror tried to run away from me, they and their lackey were nonthreats it came to be. No second phase either, unexpected.

I see a bookmark next to my save files now? Is this the timeskip? And Green Dracoman joining is good, considering barring the recently obtained Fortify, Green Healer is a pretty underpowering. A little slow, but considering Hilda is still just a little short of going Draco, I do not mind at all.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

So Overwatch 2 is officially announced but they also announced that Overwatch 2 content will be in Overwatch 1 so that "no one gets left behind". So Overwatch 2 is basically just a $60 patch. This is hilariously bad lmao.

But in brighter news

wmwcckpyqsp0lmugq40d.gif

Into the Spider-verse is honestly the best animated movie of all time in my opinion. And it's getting a sequel. I can't wait.

And completely unrelated to that

EITR0QnW4AUK_Uy?format=jpg&name=360x360

EITR0QnWwA4QlHR?format=jpg&name=small

In an alternate universe, Atelier is still doing English dubs and Klaudia has an Welsh accent.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Are you me? Because that's exactly how i feel about them.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Parroting Shrimperor here, but are you me? Because I feel the same way about the games.

Glad to know i'm not the only one that feels this way.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I have been listening to it for the last week alot for some reason <.<

It's a good song.

7 hours ago, Strullemia said:

Oh, and if you're going to put a mute MC in a JRPG don't make it an important character.

Fully agreed and unfortunately, every Dragon Quest protag is mute. 

Three Houses is MINE!

And it's kinda fun, actually. But what I need to get used to is that every FE is gonna be very different... IT'S NOT LIKE POKEMON!

I'll just need to find ways to be able to train my units up just right in the very little time that I have.

I've just been doing battles nonstop, no monastery exploring for me. A little too easy and repetitive from it all. But from what I've been hearing, Maddening would punch me in the gut for trying that, and I'd have to actually learn what the monastery does. But if Maddening is anti-auxiliary battles, then all the fights I've been doing must be unneeded and the monastery benefits could compensate.

Although as a rule, I use two save files, one I make at the start of every month and only overwrite after its story battle. The second save file I use throughout the month. That way, if I were to find myself in a sticky situation during a story fight, I could load the first file and see if playing the month differently would make things easier.

In bad game news, I'm reading Atlus did miserably with Persona 5 Royal. The great majority of new content is tacked on to the end of the game, so you have to replay the entire dozens of hours long adventure again for the same price as the original, just to get the new stuff. DLC exists Atlus, it sounds like you really flubbed up by not making this just that.

34 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

In bad game news, I'm reading Atlus did miserably with Persona 5 Royal. The great majority of new content is tacked on to the end of the game, so you have to replay the entire dozens of hours long adventure again for the same price as the original, just to get the new stuff. DLC exists Atlus, it sounds like you really flubbed up by not making this just that.

Yeah, i've been hearing that too. I won't get into spoilers but from what i hear, Atlus was too lazy to remake the cutscenes to include Kasumi so she basically just doesn't exist in the plot. She's just there. I've never played a Persona game but i'm pretty sure this is not how it went with the "enhanced" versions of other Persona games (such as P4 Golden).

Oh, really? Wow.

Hmm, now I got reminded me of Tales of Phantasia, when Suzu was made from NPC to a Party Member. From an LP of the PSX version I saw, there's little she changes with her prescence. Can't say about latter versions. Then again, that was long ago, so perhaps it could be given a pass... though pulling such a thing nowadays... quite likely not.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

On 10/31/2019 at 10:25 PM, DragonFlames said:

I've actually been in Hamburg before on a class trip. I liked it there quite a bit. Have fun!

Tbh I will not be able to do all that much there since I just booked one night there and have to come home today. Yesterday I spent the entire afternoon for the miniature wonderland which was my main reason to go to Hamburg. It was just gigantic and wonderful for some who is just slightly interested in model railway. In the hotel it was so loud that I mainly played Xenoblade Chronicles Torna instead of sleeping. Today I will discover the center of the city till afternoon since at 3 PM my bus already will return home. Weather is wet, but quite mild, so not too bad. I will definitely spend more days in Hamburg sometime later, same goes for Berlin, which I only visited for two days as well. 

20 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've just been doing battles nonstop, no monastery exploring for me. A little too easy and repetitive from it all. But from what I've been hearing, Maddening would punch me in the gut for trying that, and I'd have to actually learn what the monastery does. But if Maddening is anti-auxiliary battles, then all the fights I've been doing must be unneeded and the monastery benefits could compensate.

Although as a rule, I use two save files, one I make at the start of every month and only overwrite after its story battle. The second save file I use throughout the month. That way, if I were to find myself in a sticky situation during a story fight, I could load the first file and see if playing the month differently would make things easier.

3H Hack: I found out that in the battle, you can repeat the same non-story battle over and over if it doesn't consume activity points.

Free EXP for all!!!

20 minutes ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

3H Hack: I found out that in the battle, you can repeat the same non-story battle over and over if it doesn't consume activity points.

Free EXP for all!!!

That only works on Normal Mode.

We interrupt you this mecha game with... martial arts.

Man, like, the only time in SRW that had thus much non-mecha fighting. It's a shame it might never happen again. At least, not between these guys.

waking up in the middle of the night with your teeth hurting. Best feeling <.<

Can't i have a good night's sleep for once? Why do i wake up in the middle of the night if i successfully sleep early? Why do i usually sleep late <.<

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

Death Stranding reviews be like

EIZPw9HW4AgcQcP?format=jpg&name=small

493648303947251713.png?v=1

I thought games were suppossed to be fun xD