• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, good old Wile E. Coyote. One of my favorite cartoons when I was a child (Looney Toons in general was great, but he was my favorite). Good memories.

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

it's still a PS4/NSW game. The only reason why it requires such monster requirements is if it isn't optimized...

which alot of jp games aren't tbf (but that's still on another level).

True. Koei Tecmo especially seems pretty bad with this. Atelier Lulua was fine on that front, but perhaps that's because I got the physical version instead of a digital one.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Well, You don't plan to ever get into PC gaming then? Because without Steam would be very very hard

Not for the near future, at the very least. As long as consoles are a thing and they're not horribly overpriced/have no games that interest me, I think I'm sticking with consoles for now.
My older consoles still work, too, so even if I stop getting newer consoles, I'll still have my old ones to play games on.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Hey man, those thighs contain power.

Ha! Nice.

7 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Koei Tecmo especially seems pretty bad with this. Atelier Lulua was fine on that front, but perhaps that's because I got the physical version instead of a digital one.

Koei Tecmo only publishes Atelier. Optimization is all on Gust's part. I downloaded Atelier Lulua and it was fine. No issues. I haven't heard good things about Atelier Lydie & Suelle's Switch port though. That one actually wasn't optimized, lots of slowdown from what i hear. Guess i'll just get it on PC whenever i get to the Mysterious trilogy.

9 hours ago, Lysithea said:

Pyra still has been stuck in her package for almost one month.  

I am so sorry for her. 😞

But tomorrow it will change! 

She slept in watertight steel packaging for few hundred years, I don't she'll mind. Tell me the way to turn her into Mythra if you find one, as long as it's nothing intrusive.

39 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

I used the (probably) last nice day of this year for a special river cruise, a dutch pancake river cruise.

Infinite pancake eating whilst the almost two hours long cruise.

However after thr third pancake I was stuffed. 

Dutch pancakes are good, a river cruise to go with them for a view sounds very awesome. 

I forget if it was a dutch pancake exactly, but if you try to make them at home and they call for putting them in a frying pan in the oven, never forget to wear the oven mitts! Someone got a nasty burn from forgetting that, which is when we stopped making them.

17 hours ago, Armagon said:

I feel like same enemy faceoffs are only a bad thing if winning doesn't feel like a victory. Like in Trails, my least favorite part of the entire series is the main antagonist group Ouroborous. Because every time you beat them, it always boils down to "you may have won but my plan was still a success which means i actually won" and then the boss just runs away.

If you ever get to BK: Origins, I'll just give you the heads up on this. Gameplay "victory" against the first boss isn't seeing it fall down or vanish into nothing. "Victory" will be when it angrily slams the heroes down, you'll notice the all HUD elements disappear when this happens. This doesn't mean you should just let it kill you, you still have to deplete enough of its HP to trigger that, so it's still a normal fight.

>Your local con becomes an expo

>The place is near your home and there's much more space

>everything stays the same as when it was a con despite 60% Price increase

>everything stays the same as when it was a con despite 60% Price increase

:lul:

Edited by Shrimperor

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

She slept in watertight steel packaging for few hundred years, I don't she'll mind. Tell me the way to turn her into Mythra if you find one, as long as it's nothing intrusive.

Heh, true

I have to admit same goes for Mythra, so both are treated equally as it must be for equally awesome girls.

Dutch pancakes are good, a river cruise to go with them for a view sounds very awesome. 

I forget if it was a dutch pancake exactly, but if you try to make them at home and they call for putting them in a frying pan in the oven, never forget to wear the oven mitts! Someone got a nasty burn from forgetting that, which is when we stopped making them.

Honestly I do not know the difference of a dutch to a pancake from an other country. The Netherlands offer it more than in Germany, but I have not figured out a difference in taste yet. I have not eaten a pancake which has not been delicious yet.

Yeah, a pancake river cruise is something I have not seen in Germany yet, at least not infinite eating pancakes.

My grandpa made fantastic blueberry pancakes. They looked like shit (no kidding), but they were phenomenal in taste. Unfortunately with my grandma's death five years ago I lost the contact, so no more pancakes. I could make pancakes on my own, if I was not lazy.

rx2Ty65.jpg

Confirmation of male-male "best friend" ceremony. I've read the in-game unused rough draft of the English translation is explicitly romantic too for same-sex love confessions, which raises hopes.

Some marriage rival events still exist, but not rival marriage itself though, a slight blow to the feel of the game. Since marriage rivals as an idea is good. That you're not the only person seeking love in town, and that you're not the only person receiving love either. I liked Rune Factory 2 having them, if not really any dedicated rival events to go with the rival marriages.

And, rival marriages didn't happen quickly in the old games from what I remember. Making this even worse is that in this remake, it takes only like a season-and-a-half of liked gifts to max someone's friendship/affections, a little too fast that sounds to me. They should've just included the option to flip rival marriages off when you start a file.

Wilted/preserved flowers now unlock two new dating events per bachelor/ette though. And you can see everyone's on single file.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

No rival marriages? Hmm, yeah, that's a bummer.

Speaking of what RF2 did, I think the only time HM/SoS has done it to the same extent was in HM64. Not just the other townspeople getting married bit; but also having kids of their own. Well, best I know.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No rival marriages? Hmm, yeah, that's a bummer.

Speaking of what RF2 did, I think the only time HM/SoS has done it to the same extent was in HM64. Not just the other townspeople getting married bit; but also having kids of their own. Well, best I know.

Checking Fogu, Magical Melody had rival events, but no marriages. DS/DS Cute has marriages in the 4th year or later, as Sunshine Islands. Island of Happiness, Tree of Tranquility, Animal Parade has rival events, marriage, and babies, and so does Animal Parade.

Tale of Two Towns (2010) seems to be where they brought an end to rival marriage. The only Marvelous-made games since then have been A New Beginning (2012), Story of Seasons (2014), and Trio of Towns (2016).

So, it seems many have had some measure rivalry, even if I did exclude a bunch of earlier games (Homeland/Leaf Valley, Wonderful Life, the SNES original, the Game Boy games).

I was reading the supposed reason for the dropping of rivalry was the fanbase. Real people got fantastically angry at fictional characters trying to steal their pixel spouses.

Island of Happiness/Sunshine Islands continued the 64/Mineral Town love I've discovered, by having Trent, Karen, Cliff, and Popuri all temporarily visit from Mineral Town, albeit none are marriage candidates, and all but Popuri are explicitly married. This makes 2008/9 the last time Mineral Town people appeared.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was reading the supposed reason for the dropping of rivalry was the fanbase. Real people got fantastically angry at fictional characters trying to steal their pixel spouses.

So, it's only a matter of time before FE also drops it? lol

On the other hand, 3H, while still has character pairings, only Byleth has S tier support ranks, iirc... just saying...

Anyway, such a shame. It was something that made the settings feel more alive.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Some marriage rival events still exist, but not rival marriage itself though, a slight blow to the feel of the game. Since marriage rivals as an idea is good. That you're not the only person seeking love in town, and that you're not the only person receiving love either. I liked Rune Factory 2 having them, if not really any dedicated rival events to go with the rival marriages.

That definitly does sound like an interesting idea and much better than harem routes. I mean, i don't know if other games do it but Rune Factory 4 at least lets you have a harem, though you can still only marry one in the end (but it becomes really hard to do so).

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing rival marriages in Rune Factory 5.

Question about the rival marriages in older games though, is it random or does each character have a specific crush?

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

On the other hand, 3H, while still has character pairings, only Byleth has S tier support ranks, iirc... just saying...

Nah, FE was having character pairings before the avatar even eixsted. 

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That definitly does sound like an interesting idea and much better than harem routes. I mean, i don't know if other games do it but Rune Factory 4 at least lets you have a harem, though you can still only marry one in the end (but it becomes really hard to do so).

I wouldn't be opposed to seeing rival marriages in Rune Factory 5.

Question about the rival marriages in older games though, is it random or does each character have a specific crush?

Nah, FE was having character pairings before the avatar even eixsted. 

Older games didn't have the "First they become your boyfriend/girlfriend before becoming your spouse", so no harem. At least, officially. You could kinda emulate it by having all the candidates at high love points.

Nah, rivalries are more or less set. The only time it was ever dynamic (that I know of) was in Rune Factory 2, where there was a "back-up" option for whatever rival you took away their spouse of choice.

So did HM/SoS... until it didn't. That's my (joke) point.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Older games didn't have the "First they become your boyfriend/girlfriend before becoming your spouse", so no harem.

Oh wait, back then it was just getting enough love points and then it directly leads to marriage? That's odd.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Nah, rivalries are more or less set. The only time it was ever dynamic (that I know of) was in Rune Factory 2, where there was a "back-up" option for whatever rival you took away their spouse of choice.

Yeah, them being set makes more sense.

But man, the more i'm thinking about it, the more i really wish this feature stayed. I remember in Rune Factory 4, i found it kinda funny how you and your spouse are the only ever married couple in the whole town (that's a lie, there's another couple already married when the game starts) and if you choose to have a child, then that child is the only newborn in the entire town. Kinda wish every character eventually got married and then there's a whole second generation of characters. Not like an actual second gen plotline or anything, just a second generation of characters. Because that means more events and more events is never a bad thing.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh wait, back then it was just getting enough love points and then it directly leads to marriage? That's odd.

Yeah, them being set makes more sense.

But man, the more i'm thinking about it, the more i really wish this feature stayed. I remember in Rune Factory 4, i found it kinda funny how you and your spouse are the only ever married couple in the whole town (that's a lie, there's another couple already married when the game starts) and if you choose to have a child, then that child is the only newborn in the entire town. Kinda wish every character eventually got married and then there's a whole second generation of characters. Not like an actual second gen plotline or anything, just a second generation of characters. Because that means more events and more events is never a bad thing.

Well, the games were simpler in those aspects back then. Sometimes a technical matter, sometimes not, maybe. Either way, nowadays it's more possible to have more complex steps than just "Give enough gifts, then give engagement item".

Yeah, that tends to be the thing, with these days. As I mentioned, the only times it was ever done more about, that I know of, was in HM64 and RF2. In HM64 you had the rival marriages... but with time they would have kids. Being an old game, not much happened beyond that (kids, yours and rival's, never went beyond baby stage, I believe; maybe with the player's he became a toddler; but still not much beyond); but at least gave the atmosphere of a living and evolving community.

RF2's approach, well, it was more or less a "Second Gen Plotline". RF2 is one of the few games where marriage is mandatory. Though unlike say, A Wonderful Life, where you worked on a timer to marry or Game Over, RF2 was more lenient in that the plot would simply not advance until you did. Then after some other events, there'd be a time skip; and now you played as either the son or daughter (you can choose; but both will be present as they're twins) of the protagonist, becoming the one you chose as the new one (former protagonist basically goes MIA, only showing up again once you finish the plotline, though he never becomes the playable character again). That's why there's a back-up for the rivals, since they all get married and have kids too, so the "back-up" is so all kids are present no matter what. The back-up option herself is also a choice to marry, she simply doesn't have a rival to compete with.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Anyway, such a shame. It was something that made the settings feel more alive.

Even if no one in Three Houses has S supports aside of Byleth, they still have an ending together at A.

4 minutes ago, Lysithea said:

Even if no one in Three Houses has S supports aside of Byleth, they still have an ending together at A.

I know. The joke behind the comment was that it could be a "bit by bit" process.