The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Oof, I'm the only one here who's played undertale.

It was really good, and I came in with low expectations; the music is great, too.

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Yup. The Famous Lolistelle.

That's the start of the game. Lolistelle and Shotajoshua

I see, I see.
Neat idea to show them in their childhood. It helps build the relationship better. Tales of Graces did something similar with a playable prologue that shows the main characters as kids before doing a 7-year time skip, I think it was. Does Trails in the Sky let you play as these two, too, or is it just a flashback scene?

23 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Godzilla vs Biollante is so stupid and I love it. You have Godzilla fighting a giant plant monster made from his own cells. Meanwhile, you have you have a Middle Eastern spy agent trying to steal anti-nuclear bacteria from Japan while Japanese agents try to get it back.

My new favorite Godzilla movie.

You forgot to mention that the giant plant monster made from Godzilla's cells also has the soul of a human girl! She does look pretty cool though.

Godzilla_Cataclysm_Issue_1_-_Biollante.p

7 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You forgot to mention that the giant plant monster made from Godzilla's cells also has the soul of a human girl! She does look pretty cool though.

Yep. I had copy-pasted my previous post from Twitter and i ran out of room to include that bit but yes, that makes Biollante's character more amazing.

14 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

My sister on her period be like:

59 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Which to me, it doesn't, honestly.

Well, the pairing isn't outright bad.

But in terms of buildup and chemistry, on second thought, I default to your opinion. I don't remember any BD building of a romance between the two. And, the pairing makes sense on one side, but I don't think we get any evidence of thoughts of amor on the other. By which I mean...

Spoiler

Ringabel's affection for Edea can be explained through his affection for his Edea. Even with amnesia, it's feasible it'd endure in his unconscious.

But, I can't recall any signs Edea loved Alternis in Default. Maybe cared for, but not loved.

And on Ringabel, where did the smugness and the perversion come from? Neither his journal nor Alternis show any sign of either trait IIRC. Merely the nice, knowledgeable, capable and serious man who if anything is emotionally a shut-in going by him having the Dark Knight Asterisk. 

If Ringabel got his flirtatious side from the amnesia alone, then what other personality changes could amnesia inflict? -I would be seriously interested in seeing this used in parody. Spend 1/3 or so of the game getting to know a character, and then hit them with temporary amnesia and separation from the rest of the heroes. When the heroes find them again, the timid bookworm has become an extrovert who loves dancing and spicy food, despite having no heat tolerance before. Their memory is jogged most inopportunely after biting into a super hot chile pepper, not good because remembering makes them unable to handle spicy food again.

Perhaps a hypothetical Bravely Third could flesh out the romance, and without damselism in need of rescue on her part. She is too strong to need it.

30 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

tfw you hijack a Falcom chat with Neps

The Nep conquers all.

27 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, the pairing isn't outright bad.

But in terms of buildup and chemistry, on second thought, I default to your opinion. I don't remember any BD building of a romance between the two. And, the pairing makes sense on one side, but I don't think we get any evidence of thoughts of amor on the other.

Exactly.
Tbh, they don't need to have a romance, either.

---

Tried to run Trails in the Sky on my laptop (a friend legit sent me the game via mail earlier when I asked about if he ever played it. Thanks buddy!).
But all that came up was... well
q6DomLA.png
That.
PC gaming and emulation is cursed, I swear.

Edited by DragonFlames

38 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Exactly.
Tbh, they don't need to have a romance, either.

Fair criticism again. Forcing romances, because young adult male and female cannot be left unpaired, is in no way necessary. I forget what circumstances I didn't like forced pairings in, but I remember I have felt that way in the past.

31 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Never forget Zane. Or "Septillion". Or "Reinfold".

Technically, "Septerrions", or whatever the term is I've seen people mention before used in Trails, is not correct either. The proper term is "Septentriones", or "Septem triones" if you want to break the Latin into its two words, referring to the seven stars of the Big Dipper constellation.

Not that games need to use all their mythological borrowings with unchanged spelling.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Fair criticism again. Forcing romances, because young adult male and female cannot be left unpaired, is in no way necessary. I forget what circumstances I didn't like forced pairings in, but I remember I have felt that way in the past.

Agree with this 100%
For specific examples, I remember Tales of Hearts forcing a romance between its two leads that wasn't well written nor did it feel natural. It felt tacked on, like it was there for the sake of having one.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Yep. Linux. Not gamer friendly, that one.

Yo

I've played all 3 sky games and Zero on linux

plus most of the PC Ys games

I could give more detailed advice, but for the most part, "winetricks quartz amstream" and installing LAVFilters(https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases) has been enough to get everything working basically perfectly.