The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Aaand that's a new desktop background. Thank you.

I always welcome new members to the Illya cult

Illya is kinda the strongest character in that entire universe, isn't she?

Kinda, but at the same time, no. Her connection the Grail gives her basically unlimited Magic Power, and she's an Einzbern Mage/alchemist...

but that's it.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Did they ever say what you need to do to be able to do that? I honestly can't remember.

Well, for Shirou it was the following:

Trauma

Magic Element and Origin being the same, and that is Sword. Basically Shirou's soul itself is a sword or something like that.

4 minutes ago, Strullemia said:

Can Illya kill servants?

Didn't she just do that?

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
I always welcome new members to the Illya cult

I liked her the moment she first appeared in the anime, so that conversion was easy for me.
Ngl, that fight scene made me like her even more.

unlimited Magic Power

[insert Star Wars meme here]

Einzbern Mage/alchemist...

Atelier Illya when?

Well, for Shirou it was the following:

Trauma

Magic Element and Origin being the same, and that is Sword. Basically Shirou's soul itself is a sword or something like that.

"I am the Bone of my Sword... Literally!" ~Shirou

Jokes and botched memes aside, from this I gather that the requirements may or may not differ from person to person.

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

"I am the Bone of my Sword... Literally!" ~Shirou

yeah, no joke xD

anyway, here's some Badassest Shirou. Dooming the World to save Imouto

Spoiler

aYxR6N7_700bwp.webp

UDISkmD.jpg

Not a fan of the Prisma version, I take it?

She isn't really the Illya we know and love. I love her still, but she's a Faker xD

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

yeah, no joke xD

anyway, here's some Badassest Shirou. Dooming the World to save Imouto

Reveal hidden contents

aYxR6N7_700bwp.webp

UDISkmD.jpg

This is freaking awesome!

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

She isn't really the Illya we know and love. I love her still, but she's a Faker xD

I see. Different realities and all that, I'm guessing?

New headcanon: When this "fake" Illya grows up, she'll look like this

latest?cb=20150805180327
Sorry for bringing Nights of Azure into this, but looking at Illya-as-Archer with those daggers again, the picture put itself into my head.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Does this count as White & Red? It's not at all:

latest?cb=20140410194250

Its kinda more Blue-ish than white, no?

I see. Different realities and all that, I'm guessing?

Yeah. In PriIllya Kiritsugu is actually not an idiot and doesn't destroy everything he holds dear for ''World peace''. So Illya grows up normally.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20150805180327

Hot. I approve.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Yeah. In PriIllya Kiritsugu is actually not an idiot and doesn't destroy everything he holds dear for ''World peace''. So Illya grows up normally.

Wait, that's a thing? Damn, alternate realities are wacky...

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Hot. I approve.

Nice!
We just combined one best girl with another. And made the entire Fate and Nights of Azure universes more complicated in the process, but who cares?

And made the entire Fate and Nights of Azure universes more complicated in the process, but who cares?

They are already Unlimited complicated works xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

They are already Unlimited complicated works xD

I am the Bane of the Simple
Pen is my Body and Ink is my Blood
I have combined over a thousand Stories
One is too Easy
A hundred not Hard
Have withstood simplicity to combine many lores
And those fools will never understand anything
So, as I play
UNLIMITED COMPLICATED WORKS!

Something like that.

Though Nights of Azure's lore isn't that complicated, tbh. Well, it wasn't until now, at the very least. XD

I am the Bane of the Simple
Pen is my Body and Ink is my Blood
I have combined over a thousand Stories
One is too Easy
A hundred not Hard
Have withstood simplicity to combine many lores
And those fools will never understand anything
So, as I play
UNLIMITED COMPLICATED WORKS!

A worthy entry to the chant trio.

Something from a bygone era

I am unsure as to how XenoblaDE's new story is going to be with two Nopon involved in the mix. The Nopon generally are there for humor, and kinda put some kinks in the story or simply don't add much.

Like Riki, he hardly has any lines, and when he does, they are one sentence long or they are a joke in an important scene which makes it feel awkward.

Tatsu… ah, Tatsu, I don't like him in the slightest. What does he add to the story?

Tora, okay, I give them a lot of credit here, as Tora is actually a pretty well written Nopon character. He can actually take things seriously for once, which I respect a lot.

I'm sure they can come up with something well thought out, but the Nopon just don't make it any more interesting in my opinion.

Edit: and that's not counting NPC Nopon characters yet.

Edited by lightcosmo

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

There was an animated movie about King Kong? Well now...

There's three. But at least the other two don't look like they'll make me wanna blow my brains out.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Gormott flashbacks.
Also this thing:
TAwquic.jpg

And you wanna know the best part? I once got attacked by both of them at the same time.

Double rite of passage.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Like Riki, he hardly has any lines, and when he does, they are one sentence long or they are a joke in an important scene which makes it feel awkward.

In the main story maybe but if you dig into his Heart-to-Hearts, Riki's a surprisingly good character. His shining moment in the story is the talk with Dunban he has at beach and if you want more of that, his Heart-to-Hearts will offer. I just hope they aren't locked behind dumb Affinity requirements again.

Riki and Tora show Nopon can be more than just comic relief and I would hope the two new Nopon in Future Connected fall more in line with that.

Just now, Armagon said:

In the main story maybe but if you dig into his Heart-to-Hearts, Riki's a surprisingly good character. His shining moment in the story is the talk with Dunban he has at beach and if you want more of that, his Heart-to-Hearts will offer. I just hope they aren't locked behind dumb Affinity requirements again.

Riki and Tora show Nopon can be more than just comic relief and I would hope the two new Nopon in Future Connected fall more in line with that.

Yeah, the scene at the beach is his only moment throughout the story. I would prefer a more complex character for more than a few scenes, though, which is why I think Tora is so much better overall.

Tora is intelligent, which they make a point of through the story, what qualities does Riki have that make him stand out? His character is just lacking something that Tora has, I think.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Speaking of which, I haven't watched Heaven's Feel yet, either. Crap.

The Heaven's Feel movies are more of a highlight reel than a retelling of the route. The cool action scenes are there but missing the minor moments. Kirei been large absent despite being a major player while is going to bite in the 3rd movie. I don't know who idea is it to make the longest route into just 3 movies.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Priorities! XD

It's the only real time in the Trails series you can enjoy this "event".

I have to admit it has been the first non Persona game who has offered that kind of stuff to me (if may I put hotspring scenes like in Tales of aside).

There are some owned games which have that as DLC, but for free beach events are an absolute rarity.

And in measures I tolerate them.

35 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

what qualities does Riki have that make him stand out?

A good father.

Beneath his funny exterior, Riki actually has a lot of wisdom. Again, this is mostly locked to Heart-to-Hearts but to say that Riki is lacking is a take i disagree with. The only thing he's lacking is story relevance but the same can be said for some other characters. And character irrelevancy syndrome happens a lot in JRPGs anyway.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

A good father.

Beneath his funny exterior, Riki actually has a lot of wisdom. Again, this is mostly locked to Heart-to-Hearts but to say that Riki is lacking is a take i disagree with. The only thing he's lacking is story relevance but the same can be said for some other characters. And character irrelevancy syndrome happens a lot in JRPGs anyway.

They dont mention that enough for it to feel like a special quality of his.

Compare his character growth to some of the others. And yes, I'm considering storyline only, since Heart to Hearts are extras. Does that really justify him having no relevance?

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

And yes, I'm considering storyline only, since Heart to Hearts are extras.

If you're considering only the main storyline, then you ignore all the other aspects of Riki's character.

It's the exact same mentality that caused people to dislike Xenoblade X so much when it came out. "No I don't want to do the side content" *proceeds to miss all of the stuff that would flesh out the characters and world*

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

If you're considering only the main storyline, then you ignore all the other aspects of Riki's character.

It's the exact same mentality that caused people to dislike Xenoblade X so much when it came out. "No I don't want to do the side content" *proceeds to miss all of the stuff that would flesh out the characters and world*

I suppose you have a point, but I still think it could be better. There still isnt enough, even considering that, I think.

Decided to buy the Spyro Trilogy since it had a Price Drop on the Eshop. It's been a fun game so far.

Seeing Armagon's posts reminded me that I also  have Donkey Kong on the Switch so I might also start playing DK Switch sometime soon.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Double rite of passage.

Does this mean I'm a Xenoblade player now, too?

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

The Heaven's Feel movies are more of a highlight reel than a retelling of the route. The cool action scenes are there but missing the minor moments. Kirei been large absent despite being a major player while is going to bite in the 3rd movie. I don't know who idea is it to make the longest route into just 3 movies.

I will admit, after Digimon Adventure Tri, I am a bit wary of things like this. But I'll try to keep an open mind. Those movies will be my first contact with the Heaven's Feel route, after all.

3 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

It's the only real time in the Trails series you can enjoy this "event".

I have to admit it has been the first non Persona game who has offered that kind of stuff to me (if may I put hotspring scenes like in Tales of aside).

There are some owned games which have that as DLC, but for free beach events are an absolute rarity.

And in measures I tolerate them.

The beach/hot spring events in Tales of are mostly optional, come to think of it.
I like them when they make sense within the story and actually do something with the characters like having them deepen their bond or for character development (Persona 5's beach trip to Hawaii did this really well, for example).

---

Final chapter of Mary Skelter is here and the battle theme changed again. This time, random encounters have the same music previous non-Nightmare bosses used. Meaning I get to hear this amazing theme more often (which, just fyi, has also made it into the circle of candidates for my top 10 video game themes). The music for the final dungeon is awesome, too.

Edited by DragonFlames

10 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

That's why you play JRPGs nowadays.

*Shudders at memories of the mandatory massage minigame in FFX-2*

https://youtu.be/FvVbBUoAvV

3 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Tales of Symphonia had pre-DLC era beach scene too. Nothing too significant, and you could only get three non-Lloyd beach Titles per playthrough, and it was 2/3rds not your choice, instead being based on who was most bonded to Lloyd- aka good luck keeping Colette out of the trio!

Ever since DLC became standard practice however, Tales games has stripped costumes out of their base game content and monetized every last one of them. Tales of Vesperia appears to have been the transition game- some DLC costumes and some in the base game- but Graces did away with ingame costumes entirely from what I played of it. A few pathetic "attachments" don't count. 

So, only Symphonia and Abyss were really in the pre-DLC era in terms of costumes. I doubt 2D Tales had them, even if it did have fanservicey scenes. Phantasia the original Tales had two short Hot Springs scenes I think.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer