The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

Heh. The Ao intermission is by far my least fav. part of the game. I didn't like it at all. Lloyd got replaced by Rean for a while.

The creme your fav. Girl scene was the worst for me haha. All the stuff i hate in modern Trails started right there.

Speaking about Trails, i got my hands on CS4 Artbook...

Oh man....

That was a trip through 200+pages.

Atleast old chatacters were super good, what they did to new characters though....

I will just say 3 words: ero pose Altina

Don't ask me to post that here

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Tales of Symphonia had pre-DLC era beach scene too. Nothing too significant, and you could only get three non-Lloyd beach Titles per playthrough, and it was 2/3rds not your choice, instead being based on who was most bonded to Lloyd- aka good luck keeping Colette out of the trio!

Ever since DLC became standard practice however, Tales games has stripped costumes out of their base game content and monetized every last one of them. Tales of Vesperia appears to have been the transition game- some DLC costumes and some in the base game- but Graces did away with ingame costumes entirely from what I played of it. A few pathetic "attachments" don't count. 

Must. Resist. Dimitri. Meme.
I've become increasingly wary of Bamco for doing this, to be honest.
Even worse, I remember in older Tales games, you could get several benefits (like 10x EXP gain or larger inventory size) for New Game Plus with the Grade you earned throughout the game. Newer games still allow this, BUT those benefits also appear in the form of buyable DLC, which is not great, to put it mildly.
Next thing you know they'll add a dedicated in-game storefront to their games where you can purchase these things for real money and through no other means. Lord knows this has become standard in the west by now because most consumers are dumb as rocks.

Edited by DragonFlames

That Tales of Symphonia Hot Springs scene... is more cringe than amusing. Like, sure girls, accuse Lloyd of all people...

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

That Tales of Symphonia Hot Springs scene... is more cringe than amusing. Like, sure girls, accuse Lloyd of all people...

I don't like that """"""""""joke"""""""""" in anything, really. I just fail to see how that is supposed to be funny.

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I like them when they make sense within the story and actually do something with the characters like having them deepen their bond or for character development (Persona 5's beach trip to Hawaii did this really well, for example).

In Trails of Azure this event also serves to deepen the character bonds.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Shudders at memories of the mandatory massage minigame in FFX-2*

https://youtu.be/FvVbBUoAvV

Umm... at least... seeing the woman caring for the man is less common, I'd say.

Oh, that minigame...

Back when I first played the game, I was more concerned on getting the best prize, hahaha.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't like that """"""""""joke"""""""""" in anything, really. I just fail to see how that is supposed to be funny.

Indeed. Then the sequel is even worse in that, pft, hahahaha.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Indeed. Then the sequel is even worse in that, pft, hahahaha.

At least the title Marta gets out of it is kind of funny.

2 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

In Trails of Azure this event also serves to deepen the character bonds.

That makes it already better than the Cold Steel 2 hot spring scene, which served little purpose beyond the """""""""joke"""""""""" Acacia Sgt. mentioned that's prevalent in many "anime"-related things, sadly.
Trails of Azure makes me think of Nights of Azure and I constantly misread it as such. Wtf, brain?

21 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Even worse, I remember in older Tales games, you could get several benefits (like 10x EXP gain or larger inventory size) for New Game Plus with the Grade you earned throughout the game. Newer games still allow this, BUT those benefits also appear in the form of buyable DLC, which is not great, to put it mildly.

Well, even Atlus has included massive EXP gain DLC in EO. I get P2W DLC exists so people can get through a game and enjoy the story, but isn't that what the super-easy difficulties a lot of games include in their base is for? You shouldn't need both, if you do, the super easy isn't super easy enough, or you shouldn't be playing games.

14 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

What Hot Springs scene isn't cringe? Since when do people just enjoy the soak and perhaps write with their voices a few tanka poems about the beauty of nature and the fragility of existence? They're a very rare thing.

Nowadays, I tend to just "Skip" through any hot springs scene, I don't care if I miss context for what follows by doing so.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Same, it's just cruel to the unfairly accused in question. I'll never like it.

Although, I consider Rune Factory Frontier to have the worst Hot Springs scene, since it can repeat over and over again with no end. Basically, if you ever have Raguna take a bath when a female character is doing so- everyone has a weekly bath schedule IIRC and you can walk over to the female side and see them fully dressed beforehand- he'll overhear them talk from the men's side. It comes off as very weird and dislikable, and it reduces your RP replenishment from the bath to 90% of maximum, even if no direct perversion is involved.

It isn't a one-time thing, you can rewatch the exact same scene with the same girl every day they take bath. And you want to take baths because they're a cheap RP replenisher available from the start of the game, and with limited time in a day, you don't want to wait until the hour changes over and the girl leaves if you're need the energy.

Tides of Destiny fixed this by giving you the choice every time to opt out of the eavesdropping, thank goodness.

14 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

I prefer using the English name.

Nothing wrong with that.
That one's on me for being dumb, confused, a Nights of Azure fanboi, whatever you want to call it.

14 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

Anyways for some reason I'm not looking forward to play Cold Steel 3 because

Reveal hidden contents

1. worse soundtrack

2. Rean

There is good stuff in Cold Steel 3, too. It's buried a little bit, but it's definitely there. I wouldn't have finished the game if there wasn't.
Then again, maybe the stuff I liked is stuff others will hate.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well, even Atlus has included massive EXP gain DLC in EO. I get P2W DLC exists so people can get through a game and enjoy the story, but isn't that what the super-easy difficulties a lot of games include in their base is for? You shouldn't need both, if you do, the super easy isn't super easy enough, or you shouldn't be playing games.

True.
At least Atlus hasn't made their games nigh unbeatable in order to coerce you into buying it (neither has Bamco with Tales, for that matter). Im just afraid of the day it'll get that far.

43 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Does this mean I'm a Xenoblade player now, too?

Yes. 

But there's a second rite of passage: killing the Territorial Rotbart when you're strong enough. Doing that takes you from Xenoblade player to True Xenoblade player.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Although, I consider Rune Factory Frontier to have the worst Hot Springs scene, since it can repeat over and over again with no end. Basically, if you ever have Raguna take a bath when a female character is doing so- everyone has a weekly bath schedule IIRC and you can walk over to the female side and see them fully dressed beforehand- he'll overhear them talk from the men's side. It comes off as very weird and dislikable, and it reduces your RP replenishment from the bath to 90% of maximum, even if no direct perversion is involved.

It isn't a one-time thing, you can rewatch the exact same scene with the same girl every day they take bath. And you want to take baths because they're a cheap RP replenisher available from the start of the game, and with limited time in a day, you don't want to wait until the hour changes over and the girl leaves if you're need the energy.

Tides of Destiny fixed this by giving you the choice every time to opt out of the eavesdropping, thank goodness.

Meanwhile, Rune Factory 4 doesn't even have Hot Spring events. Even if you go in the hot spring when other people are there, nothing really happens. I guess it's like that because literally everything is a stat in Rune Factory 4 (at the beginning of the game, you're gonna be getting a lot of skill ups), so they probably didn't want to discourage people from using the hot springs by having dumb events getting in the way.

I don't even know if you can walk over to the opposite gender's side. I've never tried it, since i don't care enough to find out.

24 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

What Hot Springs scene isn't cringe? Since when do people just enjoy the soak and perhaps write with their voices a few tanka poems about the beauty of nature and the fragility of existence? They're a very rare thing.

Nowadays, I tend to just "Skip" through any hot springs scene, I don't care if I miss context for what follows by doing so.

Well, I referred more to the falsely accused "gag".

Like, the Phantasia hot springs scenes do give me a laugh. Specially since *gasp* it actually has one of the girls try to be the one eavesdropping/peaking for once! Of course, there's still a bit of a double standard that Arche only gets called off while Chester got a rock in the face... or was it one of the buckets? Anyway, at least he was at fault, so I don't mind too much. He got it coming.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't even know if you can walk over to the opposite gender's side. I've never tried it, since i don't care enough to find out.

You can. Best I know, it's the only way you can ever loose Prince/Princess Points in the game. It's -5 for every time you enter the wrong bath when someone's inside.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yes. 

But there's a second rite of passage: killing the Territorial Rotbart when you're strong enough. Doing that takes you from Xenoblade player to True Xenoblade player.

I was planning on doing that anyway. Now I have another reason to do so. Rotbart, your fate is sealed!
... After I finish Mary Skelter, that is.

Edited by DragonFlames

D-GIIUeW4AAF2ex.jpg

I like to think about how Legendary created an original Kaiju (multiple but i'm talking about this one right now) that shows up for like ten seconds in Godzilla: King of the Monsters and it's actually managed to be popular among the Godzilla community (from what i've seen) because it looks really cool.

I would love to see a Behemoth movie, whether it's solo or shared with Godzilla. I think once Legendary's contract with Toho expires, Toho gains the rights to the original Kaiju (same thing happened with Zilla) and if we were to get a Behemoth movie, it'd be after that happens.

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Like, the Phantasia hot springs scenes do give me a laugh. Specially since *gasp* it actually has one of the girls try to be the one eavesdropping/peaking for once! Of course, there's still a bit of a double standard that Arche only gets called off while Chester got a rock in the face... or was it one of the buckets? Anyway, at least he was at fault, so I don't mind too much. He got it coming.

I do not understand what the separator all between the two separate baths is in Phantasia. It appears to be a wall, but it's low enough that Arche could clobber Chester with a bucket? Thats begging for a day-one shutdown until something taller and thicker is built.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

Meanwhile, Rune Factory 4 doesn't even have Hot Spring events. Even if you go in the hot spring when other people are there, nothing really happens. I guess it's like that because literally everything is a stat in Rune Factory 4 (at the beginning of the game, you're gonna be getting a lot of skill ups), so they probably didn't want to discourage people from using the hot springs by having dumb events getting in the way.

Everything as a stat is an RF3 carryover, all the prior games had far fewer skills to level and they capped at 99.

Only Frontier and Tides of Destiny had dedicated bath convos you could listen in on. RFs 1-3 didn't, but each did have a girl dedicated to running the bathhouse- Melody in RF1 (who has the role in Frontier too), Alicia in RF2  who is replaced by Cammy in Gen 2 b/c being married meant Alicia had to quit her job(?)-, and Pia in RF3.

RFF oddly had a second type of perv scene too. During Summer, if a girl is in the changing shack and you attempt to go in there to get into a swimsuit yourself (but, you have no real reason to), then you get accused of peeping on them. I don't get it b/c Raguna's personality is in no way that of a philanderer.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

D-GIIUeW4AAF2ex.jpg

I like to think about how Legendary created an original Kaiju (multiple but i'm talking about this one right now) that shows up for like ten seconds in Godzilla: King of the Monsters and it's actually managed to be popular among the Godzilla community (from what i've seen) because it looks really cool.

I would love to see a Behemoth movie, whether it's solo or shared with Godzilla. I think once Legendary's contract with Toho expires, Toho gains the rights to the original Kaiju (same thing happened with Zilla) and if we were to get a Behemoth movie, it'd be after that happens.

A wooly mammoth with stony ridges down its back. Doesn't look like a bad concept. Maybe send it to trample Canada into the ground? Or is Canada too nice to stomp on?

At first, I thought this more elephant than mammoth and considered the African continent as a location to bring to ruin, but I'd guess that despite modern urbanization, the continent is too "barren" of monumental structures to stop on. If it were more elephantine, it'd be poetic justice for all humanity has shot dead of them and rhinoceroses. India and it's 1.1 billion people could provide good carnage though for elephants.

...My only experience with Kaiju is vague memories of a GameCube Godzilla fighting game. 95% sure it was trash in retrospect, but I was young and somehow got it anyhow despite not asking for it, so it wasn't so bad.

--

The DLC expansion bundle for Civilization VI went on sale again for 25% off, and I finally bought it for $40 with tax. Pricey for DLC, but I checked and it's very substantial content. 16 new civilizations to play as, a new leader for India and another for England & France, a Diplomatic Victory option, a slew of new Wonders and Natural Wonders, revisions to existing civilizations, climate change & natural disasters, tweaks to diplomacy, a city loyalty system, the world age system, some new buildings, policies and units.

My first game with Gathering Storms rules will be Phoenicia I've decided in advance. Queen Dido will sail the high seas and create a wealthy, expansive empire. Behold humanity's first civilization to conquer by commerce, it will rise yet again! 

Civ is addicting, and I think I love the premise of macro-managing an empire. I've found my limited fanficting often drawn to world-building, and this lets me entertain literally building a kind of world.

I haven't bought the Khmer and Indonesia pack b/c it isn't so great a deal for my buck, but I'll do that at a later date- the Khmer Prasat-Reliquaries-Relics Tourism offensive sounds fun. And I know maybe 2 mini DLCs in secretly in the works to finish off Civ VI's content right now, I await hearing what they are.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

35 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'm not sure how the rights of the original monsters will be handled (Zilla's rights carried over because he's an incarnation of Godzilla), but we know that Toho wants to make a "World of Godzilla" series of films after Godzilla vs. Kong releases. I don't know what that means but I'm looking forward to it, and I certainly wouldn't mind if Behemoth, Methuselah, and Scylla were included.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A wooly mammoth with stony ridges down its back. Doesn't look like a bad concept. Maybe send it to trample Canada into the ground? Or is Canada too nice to stomp on?

At first, I thought this more elephant than mammoth and considered the African continent as a location to bring to ruin, but I'd guess that despite modern urbanization, the continent is too "barren" of monumental structures to stop on. If it were more elephantine, it'd be poetic justice for all humanity has shot dead of them and rhinoceroses.

Behemoth is actually from Brazil, and it's more like a giant sloth/mammoth hybrid than a pure mammoth.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...My only experience with Kaiju is vague memories of a GameCube Godzilla fighting game. 95% sure it was trash in retrospect, but I was young and somehow got it anyhow despite not asking for it, so it wasn't so bad.

Destroy All Monsters Melee is actually good, though I never unlocked every character when I played it because I only ever had one memory card. Since I never unlocked the secret character (Orga), I assumed it was King Kong with a giant machine gun.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I do not understand what the separator all between the two separate baths is in Phantasia. It appears to be a wall, but it's low enough that Arche could clobber Chester with a bucket? Thats begging for a day-one shutdown until something taller and thicker is built.

Well, how many outsiders are actually allowed in the village? If it's mostly the disciplined locals that use them almost exclusively, then they likely don't bother. Specially when you consider the Ninja Village is totally not Japan, who do have different standards regarding nudity.

Though it is true about why they're not completely walled off each other. The stone wall itself looks like it was only half-built then they just... stopped. Though it's consistent with the rest of the walls that keep this half-covered stone pattern even with the proper walls. Who knows, maybe it was a mixed bathhouse and thus it was one single room with two entrances that eventually got divided to appease outsiders? Just like in Japan, too.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only Frontier and Tides of Destiny had dedicated bath convos you could listen in on. RFs 1-3 didn't, but each did have a girl dedicated to running the bathhouse- Melody in RF1 (who has the role in Frontier too), Alicia in RF2  who is replaced by Cammy in Gen 2 b/c being married meant Alicia had to quit her job(?)-, and Pia in RF3.

Meanwhile, RF4 has Lin Fa and Xiao Pai running the bathhouse and the two characters are mother and daughter respectively. Who's actually attending at the reception desk is just random though, i think. I'd say it's so that there's always someone attending at the recpetion desk but there are times where both Lin Fa and Xiao Pai are out so you just kinda have to wait.

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

At first, I thought this more elephant than mammoth and considered the African continent as a location to bring to ruin, but I'd guess that despite modern urbanization, the continent is too "barren" of monumental structures to stop on. If it were more elephantine, it'd be poetic justice for all humanity has shot dead of them and rhinoceroses. India and it's 1.1 billion people could provide good carnage though for elephants.

As Lightchao mentioned, it's origin (or rather, where it emerged) is actually Brazil.

Pictured: Behemoth laying waste to Rio de Janero

225?cb=20200129000845

From like the little news headlines that show up in the credits, Behemoth is basically an allegory for deforestation. Brazil is home to the largest rainforest in the world, a rainforest vital so vital to the planet, yet it's severly at risk, especially with all the recent fires.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm not sure how the rights of the original monsters will be handled (Zilla's rights carried over because he's an incarnation of Godzilla), but we know that Toho wants to make a "World of Godzilla" series of films after Godzilla vs. Kong releases. I don't know what that means but I'm looking forward to it, and I certainly wouldn't mind if Behemoth, Methuselah, and Scylla were included.

Scylla is another Kaiju i've love to see more of. Methuselah as well, because we really only get to see it's face the giant Torterra in Detective Pikachu are basically Methuselahs.

I don't know what to expect out of World of Godzilla but i do hope it doesn't end up being Reiwa levels of bad. Yeah, Shin Godzilla's good but the other Reiwa series movies are the anime trilogy, of which i've seen (one out of the three) and heard nothing but terrible things.