The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

So today I learned that a no-Blade summon run of Xenoblade 2 technically isn't possible. Because you need to have enough Blades to send on the one mandatory Merc Mission at the start of Ch.4.

So what I'll do is that I'll summon a random Blade this one time. I won't use them, regardless of what i get, because that's against the rules. I'm only summoning for the purpose of doing the mandatory Merc Mission.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/6/2020 at 1:50 PM, Armagon said:

IMG_20200406_132416.jpg?width=861&height

It was very cool how this boss could just apply apply a buff to itself and then instantly kill you with an AoE. I can't even buy insta-kill resist equips at this point in the game, so i really had no counter to it. Thanks Falcom. But also thank you for the Weaken Enemies feature, i've been using that shit since Sky FC. 

Oh no! No! No, no no, no no... I'm never gonna defeat Zurg!

On 4/14/2020 at 5:42 AM, Shrimperor said:

Anyway, here's a non-lyrical one for the invasion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4kHe_17J1o

OH MY GOOD! 
HOLY SHIT!
OH MY GOD! 
OH NOOO!
OHHHH MYYYY GOOOOOD!

That's what comes to mind when I hear this, at least after a spoileriffic reveal in chapter 8.

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 4/16/2020 at 6:24 AM, DragonFlames said:

Though even within Stella Glow, I gotta say, I prefer Hilda's second outfit she gets when you complete her tuning events to her standard one. It just looks prettier, I think.

Speaking of, I can't help but find the scene between Hilda, Lisette, and Rosa at the end of chapter 9 to be awkward as heck - the latter immediately notices the former's outfit and comments on it, even talking about the cold being a woman's worst enemy. Then I remember that it was revealed earlier that Hilda had an empire in the northern area of Regnant (which makes it kinda funny). And then onesies get brought up, and Hilda gets embarrassed.

....Aaaaaaand now I'm caught up. I haven't been here much as of late because my phone got shut off, and while I now have a tablet, I have to stay next door every night, where I can't do much of anything with it. Ugh.

58O5Qqe.jpg

So many Master Swords. Links everywhere are drooling right now.
And get this: it's not even the strongest sword in the game. It's just the only one that buffs your defense.

58 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Speaking of, I can't help but find the scene between Hilda, Lisette, and Rosa at the end of chapter 9 to be awkward as heck - the latter immediately notices the former's outfit and comments on it, even talking about the cold being a woman's worst enemy. Then I remember that it was revealed earlier that Hilda had an empire in the northern area of Regnant (which makes it kinda funny). And then onesies get brought up, and Hilda gets embarrassed.

I actually liked that scene, honestly.
While on the surface, the scene may seem awkward (perhaps intentionally so, considering the delicate nature of it all), I see it as a nice moment of character building when put into context with everything else.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

What the [bleep]?!? And what game is this?

You'll have to ask Interdimensional Observer-I was actually just quoting him.

Man, my apprenticeship would've begun tomorrow if not for the recent circumstances. At this rate I'm not going to get a job until I'm thirty...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

16 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Nepgear is precious.

• Cold Steel 3 improved on the mech fights a little, I think. They're still not what I would call very good (as I find the very concept of Divine Knights kinda dumb, to be honest), but it's serviceable enough to the point where I didn't groan in frustration whenever one popped up (there were plenty of other things to take care of that).
  • One thing I really liked was the new Order system. Sure, it's another gamebreaker (as in, it can take the difficulty out of fights if you know how to use it (and you must know how to use it to even stand a chance in certain ones, which I don't like)), but I found it an interesting new mechanic.
  • I also liked the idea of equipping a second master quartz and reaping the benefits from that. This made for some fun combinations and builds, believe it or not.
  • Some environments are really pretty to look at, too.
  • And I love the new Class VII. I just wish the game focused even more on them instead of you-know-who. Although you-know-who is at his very best in this game, I will say that.
  • I mustn't forget about the appearance of characters from the older games, either. Tio, Randy, Agate, and Tita are great, as are some of the new characters introduced (of which I came to really like one in particular).
  • Some moments in the story were genuinely touching, too.
  • They also finally have the decency to show you every available quest on the minimap, making finding secret quests that much easier than it was in past games. What you need to do to fulfill hidden AP requirements is also a little better telegraphed (it outright tells you what to do for certain boss fights with these).

... And that covers my list of positives for Cold Steel 3.
It's not a whole lot, now that I look at it again. Though it's more than I thought there'd be left after I had time to reflect on my time with the game a little more.

It sounds not bad at all.

I just hope this game is not entirely based on Rean.

Equipping a second master quartz is interesting.

I remember the existence of the order system, and I failed against an early game boss because I didn't know how to use it.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

I'll be honest, Crossbell and Cold Steel gameplay are mostly identical to me. Yeah, they have some key differences but those differences aren't really big enough for me to go "oh yeah, this one is better". I mean, i guess if you held a gun to my head, i'd say i like Cold Steel's gameplay more because i'm one of the five people who prefers those games' quartz system but other than that, i'm fine with saying Crossbell and Cold Steel are tied for best gameplay in the series imo.

I loved the introduction of team attack turns and duo s-crafts in Crossbell, so I am a bit say this didn't return in Erebonia.

Isn't the quartz system in Azure the exact same as in Cold Steel since Azure introduced masterquartz?

Oh man, how I missed work and getting up whilst darkness...

At least birdies woke me up in time.

Okay, started DQIV's Chapter 6. Which wasn't much, just went to The Azimuth for the entrance to the post-game dungeon. I'll descend into the Fungeon... tomorrow, maybe.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20200403_122947.jpg

Accurate.

3 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

It sounds not bad at all.

He is the protagonist, after all.
But the other characters get their time, too, don't worry.

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

At this rate I'm not going to get a job until I'm thirty...

This is so very relatable.

---

Happy 30th anniversary, Fire Emblem! Here's my gift for you all to enjoy:

Ode to Fire Emblem

A game full of strategy and wit
I think I like it, I must admit
Starring blue haired boys and then some more
The games have characters galore.

The final boss is oft a dragon
That is a thing we like to rag on.
Same with the wizard that is evil
He usually causes much upheaval.

This series has many classes
Which appeal to any masses.
From mounts to knights to dainty fliers
They'll help you out should things get dire.

And though not all the games are great
And there may be some that we hate
We still love it all the same
Because all else would be a shame.

I was 29 when I found a (pleasant) job...

Crossbell has great focus on all parts members.

It's mainly because 3/4 of Zero's party members had to deal with a fate in their past (including Lloyd).

Tio is one of the most tragic characters in Trails. 

That's what Cold Steel's cast did not have.

3 minutes ago, Falcom Knight said:

It's mainly because 3/4 of Zero's party members had to deal with a fate in their past (including Lloyd).

Tio is one of the most tragic characters in Trails. 

That's what Cold Steel's cast did not have.

I got the impression that - at least as far as Cold Steel 1 and 2 go - the writing put a greater emphasis on world building than character development (though the characters still developed somewhat, it happened more in dedicated scenes rather than across the whole story).

6 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Isn't the quartz system in Azure the exact same as in Cold Steel since Azure introduced masterquartz?

While Azure has Master Quartz, yes, it uses Sky's sepith count system. Which is imo much better.

From my talks with people CS3 isn't thaaaaaat bad with this. It's CS4 that's very very very very bad with this. 11 possible final bondings with girls lmao.

CS4 is at it's best when Rean isn't there, once he reappears, it's one giant nosedive.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

He is the protagonist, after all.

Protagonist shouldn't be the complete & sole focus of the game.

Let alone be the protag of 5 games. He should've been a support character after CS2. Or better, an antagonist. Would've make perfect sense after CS2.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ode to Fire Emblem

👌

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I got the impression that - at least as far as Cold Steel 1 and 2 go - the writing put a greater emphasis on world building than character development (though the characters still developed somewhat, it happened more in dedicated scenes rather than across the whole story).

CS1 was a decent setup tbh. Even me, the biggest CS naysayer, can admit that.

It's CS2 that goes nowhere with that. It needed more grimdark (it's a war story after all), Character conflict (why is everyone just following Rean like they are his slaves or something?), focus on other characters, 90% less focus on Rean, actually treat Crow like the terrorist he is, more Olivier vs. Osbro (seriously all the sky3rd setup of that... gone nowhere), Not only noble evil bastards, but also imperial army ones, etc.

We get an overglorified Schooltrip instead.

If either School or bonding (or both) are there in the next arc, i am out

Edited by Shrimperor

YES! Thanks to @DragonFlames I finally won that arena battle in Megadimension Neptunia! Taking a defensive approach made a huge difference! Well, I did have to level up a bit, but I still finally did it! After 100+ failures, finally, victory is mine!

Edited by lightcosmo

Today i learned that this masterpiece of animation exists

9 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

I loved the introduction of team attack turns and duo s-crafts in Crossbell, so I am a bit say this didn't return in Erebonia.

No, team attacks are still in Cold Steel. It's not a turn bonus though, it's something you can control manually, provided you have enough BP.

I won't lie though, the existence of Orders kinda discourages this. You want to save up your BP to use Orders.

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Happy 30th anniversary, Fire Emblem! Here's my gift for you all to enjoy:

Ode to Fire Emblem

A game full of strategy and wit
I think I like it, I must admit
Starring blue haired boys and then some more
The games have characters galore.

The final boss is oft a dragon
That is a thing we like to rag on.
Same with the wizard that is evil
He usually causes much upheaval.

This series has many classes
Which appeal to any masses.
From mounts to knights to dainty fliers
They'll help you out should things get dire.

And though not all the games are great
And there may be some that we hate
We still love it all the same
Because all else would be a shame.

Very nice!

That but also Crossbell has like the smallest cast. In Zero, it's literally just the original four members of the SSS.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

It's CS2 that goes nowhere with that. It needed more grimdark (it's a war story after all)

I don't think grimdark fits Trails though. But something more akin to Ao's tone would've been more appropriate (and even that one isn't grimdark).

That reminds me, i remember how all the promotional material for CS4 made it seem like it was gonna be super edgy and all........and then it wasn't.

Olivier vs. Osbro (seriously all the sky3rd setup of that... gone nowhere)

I'm gonna reveal myself as a faker, i never actually understood what their conflict was. Like yeah, i saw the event in 3rd but like, i didn't get it

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I mean there's some character development in CS, but seriously most of the characters don't have particullary a great backstory.

Rean's backround is plain boring.

While Azure has Master Quartz, yes, it uses Sky's sepith count system. Which is imo much better.

Ah yeah, the learned artes in CS are based on the master quartz and their level.

From my talks with people CS3 isn't thaaaaaat bad with this. It's CS4 that's very very very very bad with this. 11 possible final bondings with girls lmao.

CS4 is at it's best when Rean isn't there, once he reappears, it's one giant nosedive.

Hmm, sounds like Fire Emblem Fates.

I do only know that Cold Steel 4 has the biggest cast of all parts, so the amount of support options is reasonable and doesn't have to be bad instantly.

Though I hoped

Spoiler

Estelle

👌

would have more Spotlight.

Why not having multiple protagonists?

@Armagon

Azure had the extra turns instead of the overdrive in Cold Steel.

I don't know how it's called though.

And Sky FC's cast was smaller than Zero's, even if only the four SSS people and two bracers were available in the final.

Zero still had nine playable characters in total.

Edited by Falcom Knight