The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Juna's Orbal Twitter feed exposed.

Haha. Juna is basically the representive of every Sky/Crossbell player lmao. Sky makes you hate Erebonia and neutral towards Calverd.

Crossbell makes you despise both lol

• Replies 180.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Haha. Juna is basically the representive of every Sky/Crossbell player lmao. Sky makes you hate Erebonia and neutral towards Calverd.

Hell, Erebonia makes you despise it. I know I wanted to punch basically all the higher-ups in the face during my playtime of all three parts of CS.
Osborne and his cronies most of all.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hell, Erebonia makes you despise it. I know I wanted to punch basically all the higher-ups in the face during my playtime of all three parts of CS.

There's that one line Lloyd says to Osborne in Ao. That was wow.

A burn if i ever saw one lmao.

I had to clap haha

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Out of curiosity, what did he say?

Spoiler

something like this (a bit meme'd up of course)

Osborne: ''Crossbell small. Do you think you can last long? evil smile''

Lloyd: ''Liberl is small and it rekt Erebonia's ass in the 100 day war''

Of course it was in a more serious manner and stuff, but i had to clap for that haha. He said it to his face. 

👏

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

something like this (a bit meme'd up of course)

Osborne: ''Crossbell small. Do you think you can last long? evil smile''

Lloyd: ''Liberl is small and it rekt Erebonia's ass in the 100 day war''

Of course it was in a more serious manner and stuff, but i had to clapt for that haha. He said it to his face. 

👏

Awesome!
That alone makes Lloyd better than any of the Erebonian scrubs. They caved in too quickly to Osbro and his gang for my liking.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

That alone makes Lloyd better than any of the Erebonian scrubs.

Lloyd might be a bit generic, but he is smart, has a will and never gives up. You can see it at the end of CS2 when he and Rean face each other (which i also consider to be one Rean's few good moments.)

Lloyd 🤝 Estelle 🤝 Kevin though.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

They caved in too quickly to Osbro and his gang for my liking.

Considering how powerful Osbro is, i don't mind it that much. I hate more how it was done.

Edited by Shrimperor

11 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Lloyd might be a bit generic, but he is smart, has a will and never gives up. You can see it at the end of CS2 when he and Rean face each other (which i also consider to be one Rean's few good moments.)

I don't mind generic, actually. Alto, Zephy, and Jack aren't exactly paragons of unique male leads, either, but nothing about them makes them bad at all. They're still likeable for me. I got that same vibe from Lloyd during the brief stint with him in CS2. The moment he and Rean met was pretty great for him, I agree.

Considering how powerful Osbro is, i don't mind it that much. I hate more how it was done.

I just hated how everyone just completely sunk into the floor or turned bootlicker supreme the moment he - or anyone with a high position, really - showed up, when there is really no need for that. Like my great-grandmother used to say "Even the Emperor of China needs to poop."

Though given Osbro's state, it is doubtful he has any bowel movements.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I don't mind generic, actually. Alto, Zephy, and Jack aren't exactly paragons of unique male leads, either, but nothing about them makes them bad at all. They're still likeable for me. I got that same vibe from Lloyd during the brief stint with him in CS2. The moment he and Rean met was pretty great for him, I agree.

I agree yup. Generic is bad when the generic MC becomes the focus of everything <-- Rean.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I just hated how everyone just completely sunk into the floor or turned bootlicker supreme the moment he - or anyone with a high position, really - showed up, when there is really no need for that.

Tbf, Erebonia is a pretty old fashioned society. I think it's more the culture of the country and stuff.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
I agree yup. Generic is bad when the generic MC becomes the focus of everything <-- Rean.

True.
Especially so when the side characters are way, way more interesting than the generic MC and you'd rather have the story focus on them instead of him. Also Rean.
I think the examples I mentioned do a pretty good job of not falling into that trap.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
Tbf, Erebonia is a pretty old fashioned society. I think it's more the culture of the country and stuff.

Also very true.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

I think the examples I mentioned do a pretty good job of not falling into that trap.

Honestly, might be just me, but i wouldn't call Zephy generic either haha.

Then again, Dragon Star Varninr has some 👌 Character moments and interactions. Like, imo, some of the best in the genre

So, in XenoblaDE, Future Connected, why does Shulk have the Monado,

Spoiler

if it's a year after the ending, shouldn't the Monado be gone, or at least be the Monado III?

Edited by lightcosmo

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I love me some Juna memes. XD

Juna be like "Erebonia? More like Ere-bore-nia haha gottem"

(I'm too lazy to photoshop that right now)

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

I got the feeling she was more of representive of the Crossbell player. She hypes up the stuff that happend in the Crossbell games but doesn't really talk too much about Liberl, which makes sense.

Though that does bring in a minor criticism of her character. Sometimes it does feel like she's actually a Crossbell fan that inserted themselves into the game. I guess it has to do with the fact that CS3 is like "oh yeah, she was always there guys. She personally knew the SSS and was friends with them and all" when she doesn't even exist in the Crossbell games (Kai is retconning this). I didn't mind it too much when i watched the playthrough but now that i'm actually playing the game for real, i see it. It's a minor criticism though, i still like her character.

#DieterDidNothingWrong

I know you said it as a joke but she actually does acknlowedge that he wasn't in the right.

59 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In the first two Cold Steel games, i had more of a problem with the Noble Alliance. Everything they did was just objectively bad and they all just felt really punchable. I wanted to punch Duke Cayanne, i wanted to punch Duke Albarea, i wanted to punch the generic noble soldiers with the over-the-top noble voice acting. You know what i mean.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

So, in XenoblaDE (redacted spoilers)

Ok first, that last bit is a spoiler. Second

Spoiler

he probably built it. He did study the Monado after all, so this new one is a replica of his own design.

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

More like ''Ero-bore-nia'' with all the harem fanservice stuff 😛

She personally knew the SSS and was friends with them and all

...wat

I thought she was just a fangirl and knew them, and not their friend. Her being a friend would make no sense.

Oh well, if Falcom can retcon this, can they retcon the cold steel games as well^^?

I know you said it as a joke but she actually does acknlowedge that he wasn't in the right.

....Who said i was joking?

Empire and Republic deserve to get bent over.

The only thing Dieter did wrong was 

Spoiler

the Jäger attack.

In the first two Cold Steel games, i had more of a problem with the Noble Alliance. Everything they did was just objectively bad and they all just felt really punchable. I wanted to punch Duke Cayanne, i wanted to punch Duke Albarea, i wanted to punch the generic noble soldiers with the over-the-top noble voice acting. You know what i mean.

>game tries to convince you you are neutral

>Makes Nobles cartoonishly evil

Edited by Shrimperor

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I thought she was just a fangirl and knew them, and their friend. Her being a friend would make no sense.

Not according to CS3. Hell, Randy even has a nickname for her, which is what he does to all of his friends.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

>Makes Nobles cartoonishly evil

Now fair where fairness is due, this isn't a problem exlcusive to Cold Steel. A lot of Japanese media portrays nobles like this. If the noble character isn't the "good-hearted and kind" category, they fall in the cartoonishly evil side of things. 

Even Trails in the Sky wasn't able to fully escape this. You had Duke what's-his-face and while he wasn't evil, i wouldn't exactly call him a good person either. Well, not in the first game at least.

Just now, Armagon said:

Hell, Randy even has a nickname for her, which is what he does to all of his friends.

fucking hell, Falcom

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Even Trails in the Sky wasn't able to fully escape this. You had Duke what's-his-face and while he wasn't evil, i wouldn't exactly call him a good person either. Well, not in the first game at least.

In Sky it wasn't a major point in the conflict though. In fact, it's said how the nobles and commoners had a war some hundred years ago in liberl  and then peace happened. 

And in Sky you had the mayor of Bose, which was basically a noble. And the ruler of Liberl is still a queen, albeit a good one, so there was much more balance there.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

In Sky it wasn't a major point in the conflict though. In fact, it's said how the nobles and commoners had a war some hundred years ago in liberl  and then peace happened. 

And in Sky you had the mayor of Bose, which was basically a noble. And the ruler of Liberl is still a queen, albeit a good one, so there was much more balance there.

Oh I know. My point was more that it's just a thing that tends to happen in JRPG/anime stories like this. Some do it better than others none of them can seemingly escape that pitfall. Not completely anyway.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

My point was more that it's just a thing that tends to happen in JRPG/anime stories like this. Some do it better than others none of them can seemingly escape that pitfall. Not completely anyway.

True True. I just think the whole 'neutral' thing was pure bs. Not like there is anything wrong with being not neutral, the nobles were coupists, after all

Edited by Shrimperor

Star Wars: The Clone Wars S7 E9. I can already tell that the Siege of Mandalore is gonna be one of the greatest arcs in this show.

IMG_20200417_104156.jpg?width=1025&heigh

IMG_20200417_104158.jpg?width=997&height

And if they actually recreate Order 66, then God save us all. I'm not ready to be genuianlly invested in Order 66.

Honestly, might be just me, but i wouldn't call Zephy generic either haha.

Then again, Dragon Star Varninr has some 👌 Character moments and interactions. Like, imo, some of the best in the genre

I named Zephy because he has a pretty vanilla personality overall. He's a great character, though. Pretty memorable, too.
And yes, character moments and interactions in Dragon Star were absolutely top notch. If it weren't for the "even regular enemies can attack you multiple times in a single turn" thing, I would have put that game into my S-tier for sure.

54 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I could actually picture Juna saying this.

57 minutes ago, Armagon said:

You wanna play Punch-Out?
I thought the ones on Osborne's side were pretty punchable, too, especially his Ironbloods (this got worse in CS3. MUCH worse). As were some of the folks on your side. And the Noble Alliance guys.
TL;DR, were I in Erebonia, doctors would make bank trying to fix people's broken noses. XD

4 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Hope it can end the season with a bang. Most of the season was rather meh.

I wouldn't put season 7 above seasons 5 and 6 (yet) but i wouldn't call it meh imo. The Bad Batch arc was good way to reintroduce us to the Clone Wars world after being away from it for so long and the Sisters arc was more in line with the smaller scale stories from previous seasons. Though i'll agree that particular arc wasn't the best and if were gonna only have 12 episodes, i would've prefered something else.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If it weren't for the "even regular enemies can attack you multiple times in a single turn"

IMG_20190903_153201.jpg

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I thought the ones on Osborne's side were pretty punchable, too, especially his Ironbloods (this got worse in CS3. MUCH worse).

I don't mind the Ironbloods as much. Lecther is basically a shitposter since his introduction in Sky 3rd. Claire is fine, i guess and i don't associate Millium with the Ironbloods, even if she is one.

Spoiler

I don't really mind Rufus either though i like him the least of the Ironbloods.

let's just nuke Erebonia for world peace

Can I get in on this?
I petition to at least get Fie and Emma out of there first and then nuke the place.

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20190903_153201.jpg

Yup. Some encounters can be very deadly because of this, which is why it's very important to keep yourself at maximum health at all times.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't mind the Ironbloods as much. Lecther is basically a shitposter since his introduction in Sky 3rd. Claire is fine, i guess and i don't associate Millium with the Ironbloods, even if she is one.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't really mind Rufus either though i like him the least of the Ironbloods.

Me, I can't stand any of them, especially not after CS3 (with the exception of Millium). Lechter and that one person in your spoiler least of all.

I still hope I get to kill them off in a satisfying manner.

---

IcGBXYO.jpg

Oi.