• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

They're all clones. So picture one of them with the green hair... and as a girl, and maybe...

I thought I read he survived the Earth Cradle and went on to make Ouka Nagisa clones in Dai-2-Ji? Screw the dude if he did, the tragedy and epicness of the Earth Cradle did not deserve to be ruined.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Maybe someda i will play SRW. It's the game Battle Moon Wars was based on, after all

List of Super Robot Wars/Taisen games that been fully translated out of Rising Sun Runes into Creme Anglaise:

• Super Robot Wars (Super Famicom)
  • Super Robot Wars 2 (Super Famicom)
  • Super Robot Wars 3 (Super Famicom)
  • Super Robot Wars EX (Super Famicom)
  • Super Robot Wars Gaiden (Super Famicom)
  • Super Robot Wars Alpha Gaiden (PS1, Alpha Alpha 2, and Alpha 3 have not been translated)
  • Super Robot Wars Judgement (GBA)
  • Super Robot Taisen Original Generation (GBA)
  • Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2 (GBA)
  • Super Robot Wars A Portable (PSP)
  • Super Robot Wars Original Generation Moon Dwellers (PS4 )
  • Super Robot Wars V (PS4)
  • Super Robot Wars X (PS4)
  • Super Robot Wars T (PS4 and Switch)
  • Super Robot Wars OG Saga Endless Frontier (DS)
  • Super Robot Wars OG Saga Endless Frontier Exceed (DS)

To explain the bolded, Original Generation 1 and 2 were officially translated into English and released in North America. Unfortunately, sales must've been so bad that they didn't do the same with the PS2 Original Generations 1&2 port or Original Generation Gaiden or Dai-2-Ji Original Generation. They're called "Original" Generation because they don't feature Gundams or Getter Robo Mazinkaiser or anything else from anime- the OG games are all original characters Banpresto invented as a "glue" in the usual SRW games over the years + a few more original characters like Latooni (but Arado and Seolla aren't).

To explain the underlined, these games were not released in North America. They received official "Asian" releases, which includes English as a lingua franca of sorts for Hong Kong and Southeast Asia. The English isn't exactly native-speaker quality I've been told, but its more digestible than Hiranjikata for some of us. Due to the PS4 and Switch lacking region locks, they're import-friendly barring the price.

To explain the italicized, Endless Frontier and its sequel, these are not traditional SRPG SRWs with everyone piloting giant robots. They're JRPG spinoffs with NamcoxCapcom combat set in another dimension within the Original Generations section of the multiverse (because Dai-2-Ji I think said that all SRWs are in a multiverse). The first got an official North American release, the sequel was fan-translated.

Everything else is fan-translated.

I started with the GBA Original Generation games, and I haven't actually gone for anything else yet other than the EFs, but I might eventually.

The Original Generation (not Endless Frontier) games on that note have what I've considered a unique take on the crossover premise (although on second thought, I assume the MCU has introduced everyone to it). Rather than have people cross dimensions, everyone is native to the one world (or one set of dimensions in the case of Axel and Lamia), entirely apart from the dimensions where their original games take place.

So to put this in FE terms, pretend Tellius, Valentia, Grannvale, Fodlan and the rest were all continents on the same globe, and that was the natural history of the world. Everyone treats everyone else, not as an exotic outsider from another universe, but as another ordinary human being, Marth would not ponder who this "Ryoma" is, but knows him as the prince of another kingdom over the seas, with which Altea engages in normal diplomacy. Everyone in Original Generations goes through roughly the same story beats as their original game- Team SRX fights the Balmarians with the psychic-infused R Series of robots. So for FE, it'd mean Eliwood, Lyn and Hector would still clash with Nergal and still get Durandal and Armads. However, these characters do not exist in vacuums, they'd eventually team up with and have plenty of casual banter with all the others, even if they start in bubbles that themselves can be semi-mixed. For instance, Bullet, an Alphaverse character, is put into a group with the Impact duo of Kyosuke and Excellen. In FE terms, this would be like having Ephraim working alongside Chrom in the Shepherds.

I like this approach, and wouldn't mind if more games tried it. Because it can move past the "ooh-aah" of exotic first encounters between reluctant dimension-crossers, it could produce more flavorful interactions. No guarantee of it, but I'd like to trust in the potential.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I thought I read he survived the Earth Cradle and went on to make Ouka Nagisa clones in Dai-2-Ji? Screw the dude if he did, the tragedy and epicness of the Earth Cradle did not deserve to be ruined.

Dr. Fau? In the OG continuity, yes.

His story is very different in the Alphaverse, which is the one I'm more familiar with. Where he was killed by Sänger because he injected Machine Cells to Dr. Nate to turn her into the central computer frame of the Earth Cradle. Well, in the time line where the gravitational wave ravaged the Earth. In the new time line after Alpha Gaiden I think he's either still in cryo-sleep in the Cradle, or was killed since I think in Alpha 2 the Cradle gets attacked in Sänger's story, killing everyone except for him and Dr. Nate. I think. Otherwise, they're all still in there, only waking up in Alpha 3 (except in Touma's story since it's a sequel to Sänger's so they're all awake already or dead). Well, Sänger and Dr. Nate were. No idea on the other people in hibernation.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Looks like a little Mini-E3 here coming up next month. Of all of these, most curious as to what Into Creates has got cooking. Give me Gunvolt 3. Or Blaster Master Zero 3, I'll take that too.

Idea Factory being there is a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. New Neptunia maybe? Also curious as to what Koei Tecmo's got, if only because they are the ones who market Atelier. Atelier is a yearly series after all and we haven't heard anything yet.

And look! Atlus! Is it time? Will they finally remember SMT 5 exists?

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Looks like a little Mini-E3 here coming up next month. Of all of these, most curious as to what Into Creates has got cooking. Give me Gunvolt 3. Or Blaster Master Zero 3, I'll take that too.

Idea Factory being there is a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one. New Neptunia maybe? Also curious as to what Koei Tecmo's got, if only because they are the ones who market Atelier. Atelier is a yearly series after all and we haven't heard anything yet.

And look! Atlus! Is it time? Will they finally remember SMT 5 exists?

Is this the event that Geoff Keighley has been putting together to sub for E3 this year? Or something different entirely?

Edited by twilitfalchion

6 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Is this the event that Geoff Keighley has been putting together to sub for E3 this year? Or something different entirely?

Pretty sure it's something different entirely.

Atlus, KT, and IF presenting stuff?
Well, that's a surprise, to be sure.

---

As for what I was doing... well...
cjBdHUE.jpg
Level 500. Jesus...

@Shrimperor Since you asked me about it before and I was pretty vague since I couldn't remember it clearly, here's my current playtime:
n3p0Ybz.jpg

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Since you asked me about it before and I was pretty vague since I couldn't remember it clearly, here's my current playtime:
n3p0Ybz.jpg

Wow. I don't even have a game that I've played for nearly that amount of time. The closest ones for me are BotW at 115 hours and Awakening at 105 hours.

Besides what was mentioned already, this article on XCDE's interview says the project was conceptualized after XC2 was released (along with Torna and a new game) and development started after Torna was finished. Also...

Speaking of the concept behind the Definitive Edition’s new story Futures Connected, Takahashi-san starts with “Poor Melia” which he defines a “half-joke.” Then he explains that there are two reasons and a half. It appeals to existing fans, it leads toward the “future” of “Xenoblade,” and the shoulder of the Titan was a suitable setting for the story.

I can't believe Chuggaaconroy is the reason Future Connected exists. I wonder what he means by "future of Xenoblade". Maybe Future Connected is a set up for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 after all?

9 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Wow. I don't even have a game that I've played for nearly that amount of time. The closest ones for me are BotW at 115 hours and Awakening at 105 hours.

Playtime carries over across playthroughs, and I have done four of those over the past almost year since I first bought it. That does add up, especially because I was pretty thorough every time (didn't even hit the skip button, except for when K-Sha showed up in a scene).
And of course grinding beyond level 99, grinding for friendship levels, and for a certain type of item for item development and such. That stuff took a lot of time, too.

But that is still laughable compared to the grand total of 2,265 hours and 2 minutes I have poured into Awakening since I first got that game along with my 3DS back in 2013.
And yes, that is the actual number. I just checked to make sure. Holy shit.

Edited by DragonFlames

@Interdimensional Observer @Lightchao42 @lightcosmo so here's an expanded look on that Tetsuya Takahashi interview that LightChao posted earlier.

They planned for XenoblaDE way back just after Xenoblade 2 released but didn't officially start working on it until after Torna. If I understood right, it seems they originally were just gonna do a simple remaster before deciding to remake the game.

We also here from Hirohide Sugiura, another of Monolith Soft's founders. He talked more about Monolith Soft itself. He had this to say:

"Sugiura-san mentions that Monolith Soft is still looking for human resources to achieve its goals, so those who are interested should apply. He believes that the drop in birth rates in Japan will be a factor in the future, so people from various backgrounds will find it easier to participate in game development if the right environment can be created. Therefore, he would like to promote things like teleworking regardless of the spread of COVID-19.
Sugiura-san also explains that he wants to create a future where employees can say “I’m glad I worked for this company” when they retire. According to him, the gaming industry isn’t just for advanced countries and wealthy people, and he believes it’d be better if hurdles could be lowered by broadening the playing field because games are something that makes people smile."

Man, Monolith Soft like a genuinely nice place to work at every time they bring up stuff like this. And we already know how good their working conditions are in a country that generally doesn't have them.

Edit: LightChao really beat me to it again huh.

Edited by Armagon

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

But that is still laughable compared to the grand total of 2,265 hours and 2 minutes I have poured into Awakening since I first got that game along with my 3DS back in 2013.And yes, that is the actual number. I just checked to make sure. Holy shit.

94.375 days. Dang.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

94.375 days. Dang.

To be honest, I am in disbelief myself. But that is what my log says.
I honestly think that it just counted wrong somewhere because I messed with the system clock in the past or something.

Wait, never mind! My math was off! Sorry, sorry!

Edited by DragonFlames
I can't do math. How embarrassing.

9 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I wonder what he means by "future of Xenoblade". Maybe Future Connected is a set up for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 after all

I read it as more metaphorical. But it could mean anything. There's a reason why they called it Future Connected, we just don't know why yet.

Considering the phonetic similarities, it's not much of a surprise, I'd say.

---

Well, I'd say this, getting tokens in V is a much better experience than in IV. Quickly racked up over 70K tokens playing the slots. Got my Monster Magnet... and then I also exchanged a hundred Elfin Elixirs! Though it was very tedious, since I could only exchange them one at a time. Why can't the prizes be exchanged in bulk. Anyway, I did that to sell them, and get all the gold I'd need to upgrade equipment. Not just for Madason and Harry, but also get equipment for my future monster recruits. Though that will be for another day.

I'll admit, I was tempted to get enough tokens to obtain a couple Metal King Swords. However, that'd likely be overkill getting them this early in the game. So no. I'll hold it off until it's a more appropriate time.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

List of Super Robot Wars/Taisen games that been fully translated out of Rising Sun Runes into Creme Anglaise:

Thanks for the guide 🙂

Maybe the gba games i can try sometime as i can play em on mobile easily.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I like this approach, and wouldn't mind if more games tried it. Because it can move past the "ooh-aah" of exotic first encounters between reluctant dimension-crossers, it could produce more flavorful interactions. No guarantee of it, but I'd like to trust in the potential.

Yup yup. Feels more natural, too.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Since you asked me about it before and I was pretty vague since I couldn't remember it clearly, here's my current playtime:

Hehe.

That's almost as much as i played 3H (335 hours)

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Man, Monolith Soft like a genuinely nice place to work at every time they bring up stuff like this. And we already know how good their working conditions are in a country that generally doesn't have them.

Make this mans dream come true. Let them co-develop a FE game, ninty.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

But that is still laughable compared to the grand total of 2,265 hours

... and i thought my 900 hours Dota were too much.

I probably have similiar times on old command and conquer games, as i used to play em all the time up until early university years.

>Randomly looking things up.
>Finds article about the 3DS/WiiU eShops closing in Latin America in July

Me: WTH!?

>Article states except for Mexico and Brazil

Me: *Phew*

It got me going for a second there... although, that's gonna suck for those affected. I suppose it's gonna be the time for last minutes purchases or so.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I read it as more metaphorical. But it could mean anything. There's a reason why they called it Future Connected, we just don't know why yet.

If it were to hype up another story, that would be amazing!!

So i wanted to eat an egg sandwich for dinner. But i somehow didn't realize i ran out loaves of bread. I did have hot dog buns tho. 

EYgQxjTWoAA31it?format=jpg&name=medium

Improvise gang.

Edited by Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So i wanted to eat an egg sandwich for dinner. But i somehow didn't realize i ran out of room. I did have hot dog buns tho. 

Improvise gang.

Gotta use whatcha got.

F2DD4664-B29C-41F1-8178-F14928EE1076.jpeg