The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

t's also an instrumental version of the game's opening, which is my personal favorite in the Tales series next to Berseria's.

Can they port this game to PC please?

It follows modern gameplay, right?

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

*headbangs some more*

2nd track of the final dungeon, aka when Adol starts his murder spree through the enemies.

After all, his Red head comes from the blood of all the enemies he killed.

Or so the demons believe.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh wow... That is quite the embarrassment.

nah, the embarrassment are the CS3/4 and Ys 8 ops.

Edited by Shrimperor

• Replies 180.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Ahhh...The nostalgia that I feel when I hear this song...I don't think any game will ever surpass Skyward Sword as my favorite game.

Yeah. SS has the best soundtrack in any Zelda game. So many great songs. BotW is my favorite Zelda game, but the nostalgia I have for SS being one of the first Zelda games I played is still there. This one is still one of my favorites.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Can they port this game to PC please?

It follows modern gameplay, right?

I personally find it closer to Berseria's gameplay than the older Tales games, but still has the regular combo into arte format of the older ones.
But I don't want to lie by accident, so I looked it up and found this:

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

2nd track of the final dungeon, aka when Adol start his murder spree through the enemies.

After all, his Red head comes from the blood of all the enemies he killed.

Or so the demons believe.

I think I've heard this one before. I just can't remember when or where
No matter, it's f***ing awesome all the same.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

nah, the embarrassment are the CS3/4 and Ys 8 ops.

Shots fired.

Nice to see that you have more control over the HUD than in Xenoblade 2.

But Xenoblade really needs it's own dedicated photo mode eventually.

38 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Please next Tales be as good.

One day Namco will remember Tales of Arise exists.

At least the one trailer does show that it might have Berseria-esque gameplay. Which probably means I'll be able to enjoy it (but it's not coming to anything I own and my PC will combust if I try to run it probably).

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I personally find it closer to Berseria's gameplay than the older Tales games, but still has the regular combo into arte format of the older ones.
But I don't want to lie by accident, so I looked it up and found this:

Doesn't look that bad. Still gotta try it for myself to decide though, especially since it's an action game and all

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This much epicness...
Is that even legal?

If you got a dictionary and looked up the word epic...

you will find ''Ys'' in one of it's meanings.

This is an arrange of a track that plays in YS 2 penulatimate battle and Ys origin Routes 1/2 final battle and Route 3 penultimate Battle

Edited by Shrimperor

Are we still talking about final dungeons? Because Northern Cave broke my spirit so I might hold off on fighting Sephiroth until tomorrow. I planned on finishing FFVII before Xenoblade DE released, but I'll probably finish it before I get XCDE so the spirit of the challenge will still be fulfilled. And I finished another JRPG in the meantime, so that should count as extra credit.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Are we still talking about final dungeons? Because Northern Cave broke my spirit so I might hold off on fighting Sephiroth until tomorrow.

Weird, Northern Cave was easy for me. I did the "pick a path at the split, get all the treasures, and then back before the meetup point and go down the other paths" exploit it to get all the treasures. And Seph-phir-ROTH! was so easy that I never saw his infamously long Supernova. Yet I was, I don't know how, overleveled and in my early 70s for this fight.

2 hours ago, WeAreNewcastle1053 said:

Reminds me of the "Dead Man's Volley" part of the last boss of Triforce Heroes. It was hard enough with one Link, but having to switch between the three Links? Jeez...

Do not remind me of this. Although I was able twice to get to the final phase of the battle against The Lady, I never defeated her because I was so exhausted messing up again and again on the Dead Man's Volley segment.

----

Sugiura: It all started when I played Xenogears back then. I was in charge of another game at the time, but Xenogears really stood out prominently among the rest, and I fell in love with it. Afterward, we put together plans for a Xenogears 2, but Square at the time had a lot of financial investment in their movie division, so it was extremely difficult to get things put into production internally. Despite that, I knew somehow I had to make something from these ideas, so I chose to go my own way.

You've got to be joking. Spirits Within and its colossally stupid failed idea of a "computer-generated actress" took precedent over Xenogears 2? 😠

Square, you deserve the FFXIII, XIV and XV fiascoes for this. Not really, they only deserve one of them; Spirits Within as a flop was itself punishment for not providing adequate resources for Disc 2.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

armagons-personal-godzilla-and-king-kong

For more specific rankings.

Placement is relative to the scores i gave but there are exceptions. For example, i gave both GMK and Shin Godzilla 7/10s but i still put them in A-tier with all the 8/10s.

In other news

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

49 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Square, you deserve the FFXIII, XIV and XV fiascoes for this. Not really, they only deserve one of them; Spirits Within as a flop was itself punishment for not providing adequate resources for Disc 2.

Hey, be nice to FFXIII! It's a great game, at least in my opinion it is.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey, be nice to FFXIII! It's a great game, at least in my opinion it is.

It was the beginning of FF's sea of modern troubles it struggles to free itself from, it broke the image of a universally-loved franchise that everyone could agree could do no wrong. Although XIV in a way much more definitively qualitatively damaging- shutting the game down and having to rebuild it from scratch is terrible.

I do have XIII, got it used for $5 to see for myself how bad or not this divisive game was, can't hurt to investigate at that price. But I've never gotten around to actually playing it. 

37 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It was the beginning of FF's sea of modern troubles it struggles to free itself from, it broke the image of a universally-loved franchise that everyone could agree could do no wrong. Although XIV in a way much more definitively qualitatively damaging- shutting the game down and having to rebuild it from scratch is terrible.

I do have XIII, got it used for $5 to see for myself how bad or not this divisive game was, can't hurt to investigate at that price. But I've never gotten around to actually playing it. 

I wouldn't say it was nearly flawless, even in the beggining. I could point out many issues I have with earlier FF games. It has plenty of charm, and an A.I that isnt completely hopeless, which is amazing for the standard. 

Okay, made it to Lodestar Harbour. Did mostly some equipment upgrading and accept the sidequest about Hay. Hmm, this is the place with a Tombola, not seen since II. Unlike II, I do kinda want the Loyalty Card here for shop discounts. Unfortunately I only have a single tombola ticket, and save scumming with only that will be tedious. Still tried it. No joy there. Well, I guess I'll return once I have enough tickets.

So, next stop will be Hay... but that will be for next time.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ugh, being stuck over wanting to write something... and not wanting to write it. Why must it happen so often...

Relatable.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @DragonFlames!

I've written so much, yet very little I've actually put up for other people to see. I should rectify that... but I'm not really sure where to start. I don't have much of things I'd want to show right now, anyway...

Happy birthday DragonFlames!

7 hours ago, Tryhard said:

@Nobody

a5528ef1a2aa1e49dad83f90c6bccd9e.png

well, looks like phil is actually going to play a fire emblem

dun dun

Oh no oh no oh no oh no...

I can’t wait to see the “This is how you don’t play” video...then again his stram chat will probably help him and knowing him he’ll probably make some inappropriate remarks about the characters in the game.