• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Wow, I thought you would have them. 

Found a Pyra x Mythra combo for 85 €. 

It is not expensive, but yeah, still 85 €. 

That would translate to about $94 for me.

I'll get them one day. Also i kinda just don't have space for them at the moment. Maybe in a few years when i'm finally able to move out.

2 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Speaking off wasted money for big games, I really didn't like Super Mario Odyssey and ended up selling it.

I never really saw the big deal about it.

I liked Odyssey but i heavily disagreed with the notion that it was "the best 3D Mario game". The Galaxy games are far better. Galaxy 2 is a 10/10.

I don't even have Odyssey, i borrowed it from a friend and gave it back when i was done. Didn't feel the need to purchase my own copy.

Figurines do not have to be too expensive if you are making good research.

However I was fooled once by Lucina who I got for 35 €. The quality was fitting to that price... 

I would like to play Galaxy just for Rosie, but I never could play a 3D platformer nowadays, especially not with a Wii-mote. 

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Splatoon 2 ate my $60 two years ago. I want it back.

That's me with Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Waifus is just another way of saying "best girl" for me, which translates to "this is my favorite female character" of *insert thing here*. I don't use the term waifu in the way people usually do.

This is a good way to look at it, I think.

6 minutes ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

@DragonFlames

The artstyle is rather like Persona, but the non battle stuff is like CS (quests, studying, fishing). If the school stuff was rather like Persona, than the protagonist had to be an adult who had to answer questions instead of being the teacher.

This is true.

10 minutes ago, Hekselka said:

Shining resonance is an actual good game? I saw it on the store a few times, even saw it on price drop once and considered it but didn't hear a lot about it.

Well, it is a rather niche title. Until recently, I had thought I was the only one here who had even heard of that game before. I think it's a good game.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I liked Odyssey but i heavily disagreed with the notion that it was "the best 3D Mario game". The Galaxy games are far better. Galaxy 2 is a 10/10.

The only Mario games I've played are the original Mario Bros., Mario 64 and Sunshine. Of the three, I had the most fun with Sunshine.
I didn't get any of the other games on account of me sucking at platformers.

---

And while we're on the topic of incredibly niche games: there's also Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk (unrelated to Shining Resonance Refrain), which is a dungeon crawler with great characters and very challenging gameplay, while also possessing one of the darkest stories I have seen in a JRPG.
It almost rivals the Conquest route in Neptunia Re;Birth 2.
It also has a character creation system akin to the Etrian Odyssey games in that you can pick a class, appearance, and voice. You can even write your own little bios for your characters.
You also play as a book. I am not making that up.
The game was made by the same studio that was behind the Disgaea games, so if you know those, you probably know what to expect. I don't know how "Disgaea" this game is, as I've never played a Disgaea game before. It should be available on Switch in addition to PS4, dunno about PC.

8 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I also was playing on Nightmare, which made Sponge sooo spongy <.<

I commend your mad skillz, even if it wasn't Infernal.😃

On Stella Glow, I've never played it, didn't want it because I felt I'd gotten to the point where the gameplay seemed too slow. But I did play two of predecessors by the same developer, Luminous Arc 1 and 2, but not 3, that never left Japan or got translated, I would've played it had been translated though at the time.

All the females, Witches and not, compared, going from left-to-right and top-to-bottom in terms of rough likeability. None of these I'd call Wifeypons though, I want Hubbypons! They're all tropey anime girls, but there is still room for appreciating them.:

Spoiler

310?cb=20100712114212310?cb=20110304054245310?cb=20120526174920

310?cb=20100712072812310?cb=20100712073530 Twilight Witch

310?cb=20120216102723310?cb=20100712073852310?cb=20120523120831

310?cb=20121002023803310?cb=20120331095520310?cb=20120331095532

310?cb=20100712071228310?cb=20110224211315310?cb=20120319170158

310?cb=20091212122043310?cb=20081120230928310?cb=20100712072445

310?cb=20120526174428310?cb=20100104170640

They are, in left-to-right, top-to-bottom order:

• Fatima (LA2)- The Shadow Frost Witch, the game's "villain" witch.
  • Ayano (LA2)- The "Silver" "Witch" (I never saw the outfit from below the waist)🙄
  • Sadie (LA2)- The Breeze Witch
  • Mel (LA1)- The Torrent Witch
  • Vanessa (LA1)- The Witch of Immolation, the game's "villain" witch.
  • The Twilight Witch (LA1)- Her name and appearance are spoilers.
  • Dia (LA2)- The Brilliant Witch
  • Claire (LA1)- The Thunder Witch
  • Luna- (LA2) The Tide Witch
  • Vivi (LA1)- The Sky Witch
  • Therese and Alice- ? Witches. Appear in LA1, but are only playable in LA2. Little girl twin sisters who crossed dimensions.
  • Saki (LA1)- Ninja girl.
  • Rina (LA2)- Archer girl.
  • Karen (LA2)- Gunner girl
  • Potpourri "Pop" (LA2)- The Verdure Witch
  • Lucia (LA1)- The Dawn Witch, the game's "heroine" witch.
  • Mavi (LA1)- The Nature Witch
  • Althea (LA2)- The Ember Witch, the game's "heroine" witch.
  • Cecille (LA1)- Cleric girl

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The only Mario games I've played are the original Mario Bros., Mario 64 and Sunshine.

Wait, when you mean the original Mario Bros, do you mean Super Mario Bros, you know, world 1-1 and all that. Or do you mean Mario Bros as in 

Image result for Mario Bros.

And on the subject of niche games, i wonder who else here has played 7th Dragon III. I know DragonFlames has and i believe @Interdimensional Observer has too but i don't remember who else.

I remember liking the game. Had a slow start and the gameplay, while fun, had some odd choices (15 max per item, really?) but it was an overall enjoyable experience......even if the avatar is immersion breaking.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

and i believe @Interdimensional Observer has too but i don't remember who else.

I've played 7th Dragon Code VFD, and 7th Dragon 2020, and, although I've stopped for no good reason, I've also played far into Chapter 3 of 2020-II (PSP for both 2020s). And from I'm aware, the original DS 7th Dragon has a fan translation too, although this plays differently from the 2020s and VFD. A little more like the DS Etrian Odysseys, which I'm never touching because the 3DS ones are just so much better (but sadly, that means no EO3 for me).

I wouldn't call 2020 as good as VFD, but it is a bit harder.

For emulation, I just use a spare PS3 controller I have laying around from when my first PS3 got borked. Although it doesn't always connect/work, and then I just adjust to keyboard no probs. But, I'll want it working when I get to this little old GBA pseudo-Tales-lite action RPG.:

220px-Summon_Night_-_Swordcraft_Story_2_

I played the first game of this simple kiddy "Wanna Be A *Insert Fantasy Thingamabob* Master Anime" subseries. And, I saw advertisements for the sequel in Nintendo Power. But, I never bought the sequel, so I feel compelled to try it via emulation all these years later.

And, another niche GBA title that is a sequel I never played despite having played the original:

618K5BGXQJL.jpg

Why doesn't Mr. Metal Gear Stranding bundle these three games together with the solar sensor removed and replaced?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 hours ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Now the best time of the week has started!

Playing Tokyo Xanadu with a keyboard is a pain in the assault. 

It cannot connect any of my controllers for some reason. 

Which controllers are you using?

1 hour ago, Nobody said:

a77dnbt7vnn31.png

Thank you for this masterpiece.

57 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And, another niche GBA title that is a sequel I never played despite having played the original:

618K5BGXQJL.jpg

Why doesn't Mr. Metal Gear Stranding bundle these three games together with the solar sensor removed and replaced?

I wasn't aware that solar powered games existed. How does that work?

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Which controllers are you using?

Two ordinary ones

Other games work with them including all Falcom games for PC. 

Chapter 7 of lunatic was refreshing. 

Second easiest chapter so far after prologue.

I think I have done the worst.......wait no.......next chapter is battle of the Houses. Oof... 

Edited by Ingrid Brandl Galatea

4 hours ago, Ingrid Brandl Galatea said:

Playing Tokyo Xanadu with a keyboard is a pain in the assault. 

It cannot connect any of my controllers for some reason. 

are you having Steam Controller configuration active?

vxmkvOf.png