• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

By the way, this is one level 92 superboss's set of attacks. It was the last thing I had to do to 100% Primordia. It very nearly destroyed my Ares unprepared to to survive it.:

Art Attribute Category Hits Range Effect Appendage Homing
Stomp Physical Melee 1 Circle around foot Topple Feet -
Tail Swing Physical Melee 1 Circle around caster Topple Tail -
Drill Stomp Gravity Melee 1 Circle around caster Topple - -
Dino Mortar Thermal Ranged 1 Sphere around target Blaze, Topple - Yes
Multi Dino Mortar Thermal Ranged 4 Multiple Topple - Yes
Inferno Missile Thermal Ranged 6 Single Topple - Yes
Roar Physical Ranged 1 Sphere around caster Thermal Res Down, Topple - -

All of the Topples!

Edited by Shadow Mir

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I am somewhat disappointed with that "The Inexhaustible" bow, which, like most other Relics is ALSO weaker than a forged Silver Bow. The only advantage is the Brave effect, but Brave Bows exist that are easier to repair, so... yeah. Not worth that nightmare of a Paralogue that killed Lorenz. It totally wasn't me sending his underlevelled ass into a group consisting of a Wyvern, a Warrior and a Sage by himself, I swear! 

Speaking of Paralogues, I find Claude's something of a pain in the ass. The Phantom Soldiers pretty much always manage to defeat at least one of the thieves (especially the three that start at the bottom right, one of which has a Rusted Lance), or if not, one of them aggros the Wind Caller, forcing me to deal with Wyvern Lord reinforcements for the rest of the chapter.

10 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Puzzles ugh

I am playing Crosscode atm, and while i really really really love the action...

too many freaking puzzles.

I was never fond of them, and this game just throws them at you, especially in dungeons.

You better should not play Tales of the Abyss then because it features lots of tedious ones. Does not say they are bad, though. 

Mwahahahaha! I shall reign supreme!

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

"How about you put on a skirt and heels next time?"
"How about you go die in a fire?"
XD
The British accents just sell it.

9 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Master Seals are infinitely available from Anna. The price tag, however, is more of a worry... That said, it's why most of the ones I've used thus far were stolen.

So they are. I forgot about that somehow.
Still, I don't really want to spend money on/go through the trouble of stealing a seal just because my students failed their exam.

9 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Oh my god. Jude got trolled. And Milla's reaction to the whole debacle is gold.

It's part of what makes Xillia so great to me. The characters just fit so damn well together.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That went a bit out of my comfort zone for me to enjoy (and the Sophie one earlier is so juvenile), but I can understand the funnies from these. I can't exactly remember my favorite humorous Tales skit, though the ToS2 one where Raine and Genis Prism Stars on Tenebrae I do remember.

Apologies.
There are non-innuendo ones, too. Like this one, which is actually one of my favorites from Xillia:

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Speaking of Paralogues, I find Claude's something of a pain in the ass. The Phantom Soldiers pretty much always manage to defeat at least one of the thieves (especially the three that start at the bottom right, one of which has a Rusted Lance), or if not, one of them aggros the Wind Caller, forcing me to deal with Wyvern Lord reinforcements for the rest of the chapter.

I only did that Paralogue once, so I can't really comment on it. But yes, keeping the thieves from dying so you can grab their loot was annoying as hell. I will agree with that.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Abyss had tedious puzzles? Didn't seemed so to me...

The "clean up the warehouse" ones can get a bit annoying at times, I find.

*wakes up*

*5:30*

Early morning victory for me!

24 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

You better should not play Tales of the Abyss then because it features lots of tedious ones. Does not say they are bad, though. 

I already kinda give up on older Tales due to the gameplay being not to my liking. Going back from Berseria is very very hard.

I also kinda doubt they are as numerous as in Crosscode

That game has more puzzles in one dungeon than in 10 Rpgs put together...

Seems that I lost my mobile phone. 

The worst is, it is not password locked because I never expected to lose it

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I already kinda give up on older Tales due to the gameplay being not to my liking. Going back from Berseria is very very hard.

Kinda same in a different way 

I have grown up with the 3D Tales of games, so I have my issues to enjoy the older parts like Symphonia

Edited by Zemuria

That so, huh. I've only really played the Symphonia games and Abyss; but I still hope to try some of the older games. I feel like it won't really bother me.

Come on, when will there be a localized Phantasia port/version other than the GBA one or the short-lived mobile one!

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I've played both old and new Tales games and I agree with the sentiment that it's hard to go back to the older ones. Berseria, the Xillias and Zestiria have really evolved the series' gameplay.
That said, I do play Abyss on my 3DS from time to time.

---

Also, this victory is mine!

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Good morning!

Morning!

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

My ambition cannot be stopped!

It can though 😄

1 minute ago, Zemuria said:

It's not that I wake up early to win, it is just that I have to. 

Victory is mine!

5 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

Hopefully you can find it. All the lost data can make one's life alot harder.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well this kinda doesn't really tell me anything. Some of the effects look nasty but i'm not really getting a feel for how strong this thing was.

My bad.

See the below reply for what is notable about it.

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

All of the Topples!

Thats this guy's gimmick, endless Topple. Everything it has inflicts it, no other XCX baddie loves Topple this much.

latest?cb=20150616191129maxresdefault.jpg

Luciel the Eternal.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ah, and that's why you've been preping for the Endbringer fight.

Yup, and now I've all the augments I think I need for the battle. Its Ether attacks cannot scratch me, but mine shall land and destroy it. The threefold Aghasura Cannon will blow it to bits, and between the cannon's firings the Agni Gatling fists shall rain upon it. 

-Is what I wrote earlier, but I just tried fighting the second strongest superboss, Pharsis the Everqueen, with the only difference in my setup being that I used Gravity Res augments instead of Ether b/c thats Pharsis's primary element. It destroyed me twice. Its non-Gravity attacks killed me too quick, and once it dropped low enough on HP, it us

I did take out Luxaar's Xern though and finish Sylvalum's survey. I was too impatient to farm for some Beam Res augments, which led me to lose half my HP in one attack, but I squeezed in the second Aghasura Cannon I needed to kill it before it could kill me.

Unfortunately, part way into my grind, I decided took a break from gaming, and then went I came back went to go and farm normally some materials for an Augment to save Tickets for other things, plus get more BLADE Medals for more chances at Tickets.

Before I did this, Yggralith Zero had 2.7 million Reprisal Points- each is a lifebar, which once all drained by the players of XCX, causes YZ to retreat before its 4-day time limit. You can drain as many lifebars as you can muster within a 15 minute battle against YZ before you're forced to retreat. The more RP you drain, the more Yggralith Gold you get at the end when the Global Nemesis goes way, Ygg Gold isn't very useful though.

Again, 2.7 million RP. Hours later, it's 700000. How did two million RP vanish like that? Hackers from what I've read is the most likely explanation. I thought I'd have days to grind RP, nope, I didn't even have a half-hour left. I rushed to do more Ticket farming, but then I instantly saw how after one 4-minute fight, the RP had gone from 700000 to 300000, and then another two 4 minute fights later, it was gone.

The Telethia Plume- a level 30 version of the true thing thats weaker than YZ and gives out half the Tickets in the same time was still up, hackers leave it alone. But it'd feel like a chore after YZ, so I did a few fights but then stopped. I'm done with Ticket farming, having barely but successfully put together a full set of augments that will hopefully let me destroy the Telethia. It'll be months before I have another half-day to try the Yggralith.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Just now, Shrimperor said:

😄

Hopefully you can find it. All the lost data can make one's life alot harder.

Thanks. 

The problem is not the saved data (there was not too much on it), but the inserted flatrate Sim card. It would mean free calls and Internet at my costs, if someone else really should have taken it. 

18 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

That game has more puzzles in one dungeon than in 10 Rpgs put together...

And yet it still probably has less puzzles than Xenosaga Episode II. They are fucking everywhere, you can't go five seconds without running into one. That was reason #2 why i dropped the game (the first being the atrocious combat).

Crosscode may have too many puzzles but at least the rest of the gameplay seems solid.

37 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The British accents just sell it.

Being localized by Nintendo of Europe will do that. Though Xenoblade 2 has a ton of different accents. You got British, you got Scottish, Welsh, Aussie. The accents are smartly intergrated into the world because each nation in the game has one. So for example, using the H2H i posted, Morag has a Scottish accent but it's not just her. Anyone who's from Mor Ardain speaks with a Scottish accent. It's a really nice touch that adds a lot to the world of Xenoblade 2. There's also American accents too and while they aren't assigned to a nation, every character that has one happens to be a Blade.

13 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

Well at least you didn't drop it in the sewers. 

Hope you find your phone though and not have to buy a new one like i did.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thats this guy's gimmick, endless Topple. Everything it has inflicts it, no other XCX baddie loves Topple this much.

So basically, Luciel is a Xenoblade 1 player

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yup, and now I've all the augments I think I need for the battle. Its Ether attacks cannot scratch me, but mine shall land and destroy it. The threefold Aghasura Cannon will blow it to bits, and between the cannon's firings the Agni Gatling fists shall rain upon it. 

-Is what I wrote earlier, but I just tried fighting the second strongest superboss, Pharsis the Everqueen, with the only difference in my setup being that I used Gravity Res augments instead of Ether b/c thats Pharsis's primary element. It destroyed me twice. Its non-Gravity attacks killed me too quick, and once it dropped low enough on HP, it us

Ooof. Though is Telethia actually the strongest superboss or does it appear that way? I know it's the highest leveled superboss but Kurodil is the highest leveled superboss in Xenoblade 2 but Ophion, Orion and Dagmara are all harder than it (Dagmara's a fucking bitch, i only won cause i cheesed).

Edited by Armagon