Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

Party is over early.

A sign that I rather should start FFF now.

Wha- DEATH WATER! Why is there lava in midair... or is it secretly DEATH WATER? It's DEATH WATER!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Can't wait for the direct sequel: Bravely Second 2. Or Bravely 2 Second. Yeah, this is gonna be the start of a confusing naming convention, isn't it?

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

I honestly thought the third game will be called "Bravely Sword" or something, because Sword and Third sound similar when pronounced in Japanese (or so I'm told). And a "Sword of the Brave" was a plot point in Second.

I thought it was going to be a continuation of Second, too, due to the whole Sword of the Brave thing and whatnot. But they said it'll take place in a new world, so there goes that idea.

29 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

I am used to be a very inpatient videogamer who gets frustrated easily.

Relatable.

33 minutes ago, Zemuria said:

a8axIdZ.png
Party is over early.

R.I.P. Marty Party.

4 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I thought it was going to be a continuation of Second, too, due to the whole Sword of the Brave thing and whatnot. But they said it'll take place in a new world, so there goes that idea.

Since they had the whole multiverse thing from the very first game, it's not too out of left field to still have that plotline, I suppose.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

My first playthroughs of each house were all recruit-less (more or less, I recruited some people, but nobody from the other houses) and I managed just fine. The trick is to ignore the units that turn out to be hot garbo.

Personally, too many of my favorite characters are tied to the other houses to just not bother recruiting anyone from the other houses. I'd imagine not recruiting Petra is a VERY easy way to be left tearing your hair out in frustration if you're on Verdant Wind or Azure Moon, too. I'd have an easier time catching a Beldum or something... Which is saying a lot because its catch rate happens to be the same as most legendary Pokemon (3), and second, all it knows is Take Down. Which means it's constantly damaging itself. And even if your Pokemon is immune to Take Down, you still have to worry about it running out of PP. You'll be saying this a lot, just not the way Wario here is saying it:

Since they had the whole multiverse thing from the very first game, it's not too out of left field to still have that plotline, I suppose.

Good point.

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same, I used just everybody in my respective house. Though I didn't abandon anyone, everyone, even the statistical eunuchs were given my devotion.

TBF, I spent every free moment in battles, so no one was ever underleveled.

Personally, the only battles I did aside from quest battles, story fights and paralogues were rare monster battles to get rusted weapons from the monsters (some of them are rusted regalia). That aside, I'd imagine Golden Deer would be especially painful with no recruits since you have more units of dubious quality than the other houses.

Edited by Shadow Mir

I honestly thought the third game will be called "Bravely Sword" or something, because Sword and Third sound similar when pronounced in Japanese (or so I'm told). And a "Sword of the Brave" was a plot point in Second.

I just thought it'd be called Bravely Third, because that just made sense. Then Bravely Fourth, Fifth and so on.

I for one, hope they bring back Love in the Crossfire for this game. I missed that song in Second.
Warning: only click that link if you don't fear going insane.

That honestly wasn't that bad tbh. It was kinda endearing, in an ironic way, I guess.

If you want to talk about songs that can drive you insane:

1 hour ago, Zemuria said:

Oh, and I was killed by the very first boss in Octopath Traveler.

Same. Octopath's combat really isn't meant for solo, which is how you start out with.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

ravely Default 2 looks nice though that intially confused the fuck out of me because Bravely Second exists.

It's probably not a direction continuation of Bravely Second. There is a post-credits teaser for a sequel to Bravely Second at the end, but this probably isn't it. Maybe they thought that, since it'd required an understanding of BD and BS to start up "Bravely Third", it would be better to make a totally unrelated game until they get to porting Bravely Default and Second to other systems.

Think of "Bravely Default" now being the franchise title, not just "Bravely". Sure it makes Bravely Second seem weird, and good heavens if they decide to make a direct sequel to Bravely Default 2- "Bravely Second 2"?😅

If they put out a demo, i might give it a shot (i could play the two Bravely games on my 3DS but i really don't want to buy new games for a system that i haven't used in forever).

They were kind enough to feature decent demos on the 3DS. Though the first demo was devoid of plot and characterization and kinda gave you absolutely no direction in gameplay. The second demo- Ballad of the Three Cavaliers was better, giving you a little and inconsequential prequel episode story to Bravely Second. Maybe they'll offer as good or even better a demo this time.

I do think Telethia, the Endbringer is one of the more interesting fights in the series since there's a Skell phase and an on-foot phase.

I stuck to the Skell the whole fight, even though I know some people manage to fight the thing on foot.:

It's boring attempting to complete Shulk's Affinity Chart with that 30 Challenge Battles node. And it reminds me how little Noponstone you get for so many costumes. Why does Obsidian Dromarch have to cost so much?

Done with the first dungoen

Of course I lost to the first boss. 

Spoiler

Which is how it must be in this case. 

I got many Eryn lectures, honestly a bit too many of them so early on. 

But I think these battle and dungoen basics are easy to understand. 

I think easy difficulty sounds like a fair compromise. 

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And it reminds me how little Noponstone you get for so many costumes. Why does Obsidian Dromarch have to cost so much?

There's a quick way to grind these: Chickenheart Challenge. Use Custom to cheese it. You get a lot of treasure points, which means more Noponstone.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

That honestly wasn't that bad tbh. It was kinda endearing, in an ironic way, I guess.

If you want to talk about songs that can drive you insane:

I'm hearing voices, I see purple rabbits, I can feel green... what the eff?!?

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:
Personally, too many of my favorite characters are tied to the other houses to just not bother recruiting anyone from the other houses. I'd imagine not recruiting Petra is a VERY easy way to be left tearing your hair out in frustration if you're on Verdant Wind or Azure Moon, too. I'd have an easier time catching a Beldum or something... Which is saying a lot because its catch rate happens to be the same as most legendary Pokemon (3), and second, all it knows is Take Down. Which means it's constantly damaging itself. And even if your Pokemon is immune to Take Down, you still have to worry about it running out of PP. You'll be saying this a lot, just not the way Wario here is saying it:

*flashbacks to trying to catch a Beldum in White 2 intensify*
And yes, not recruiting Petra makes some lategame AM and VW chapters downright painful. I'm now at the point where I'm recruiting people, too. I nabbed Lysithea, Leonie (I wanted to get hers and Linhardt's Paralogue - not worth it), Lorenz (whom I killed off once I got his paralogue for that sweet, sweet Thyrsus staff), and Mercedes for my recent Black Eagles run. Was awesome, finally having more than three, maybe four undisputed great units on my team for once. I want to play Verdant Wind next and recruit some folks to replace Lorenz, Raphael, and Ignatz. Suggestions?

I'm hearing voices, I see purple rabbits, I can feel green... what the eff?!?

*flashbacks to trying to catch a Beldum in White 2 intensify*
And yes, not recruiting Petra makes some lategame AM and VW chapters downright painful. I'm now at the point where I'm recruiting people, too. I nabbed Lysithea, Leonie (I wanted to get hers and Linhardt's Paralogue - not worth it), Lorenz (whom I killed off once I got his paralogue for that sweet, sweet Thyrsus staff), and Mercedes for my recent Black Eagles run. Was awesome, finally having more than three, maybe four undisputed great units on my team for once. I want to play Verdant Wind next and recruit some folks to replace Lorenz, Raphael, and Ignatz. Suggestions?

Your guess is as good as mine.

And now I'm having flashbacks to trying to snag that Shadow Metagross in Pokemon Colosseum. And the three sacred beasts Cipher's Admins have (in particular, Entei is especially tricky because the Admin you snag him from likes using Earthquake. Entei is weak to Earthquake). But yeah, it's a pain in the ass no matter which way you slice it. Anyway, I'd rather fight this than have to deal with Petra's crazy evade:

hqdefault.jpg

And that's unfair as all get out. Anyway, I'd snag Ingrid, Bernie, Dorothea, Petra, Annette and Mercedes.

Nessuno può sfuggire dal destino scelto

Rimane solo il risultato che voi sarete distrutti

L’eterna cima esiste solo per me

Puoi cantare canzoni di tristezza nel mondo senza tempo

No one can escape the fate that was chosen for them

All that remains is the end, where you will all perish

Eternal greatness exists only within myself

Sing a song of sorrow in a world where time has vanished

Tfw everyone says FE16 is easy and you go get your ass kicked. First Reset Chapter 5. And Green units are still green units <.<. Freaking Gilbert goes and get's himself killed instead of retreating to my healer...

Kaga level ups aside, the game is actually quite challenging on Hard/Classic if you don't do non-Story/non-Paralogues battles.

Also, i may not like Bernie as a Character, but damn if she isn't some Monster of a unit. She can one shot stuff... without doubling. Her Personal skill is crazy good.

Edited by Shrimperor

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

Bernie

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

She can one shot stuff... without doubling.

Bernie one-shotting stuff pre-Assasin/Sniper doesn't sound right. Either she got crazy blessed for you or RNG screwed for me.

I probably should've made this point sooner; but as I keep watching Sailor Moon, it comes to my attention the dub does the same thing they'd do later with stuff like Digimon.

Script seems to be straight from Japanese (and uncut, for that matter); but things like character names are instead from the US dub.

Feels like a very odd thing to do...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Tfw everyone says FE16 is easy and you go get your ass kicked. First Reset Chapter 5. And Green units are still green units <.<. Freaking Gilbert goes and get's himself killed instead of retreating to my healer...

Kaga level ups aside, the game is actually quite challenging on Hard/Classic if you don't do non-Story/non-Paralogues battles.

Chapter 5 is definitely one of the more difficult ones early on. And as in some other FEs, the earlygame can be a special kind of difficult that later chapters lack, due to fewer options.

I've heard Maddening makes grinding extra battles very difficult, to the point where you don't want to do them. Kinda like Awakening in that regard.

I think I want to start my BL run soon, but first I want to wrap up the four remaining Blade Quests in XC2. And maybe the DLC bundled quests too, since some require multiple Rare Blades and I'm interested in knowing if they gain some more characterization from them. So maybe not tomorrow for my third 3H run.

Optional battles in maddening are not that hard. The difficulty spike is definitely lower than in story and especially paralogue chapters. However they give like no battle experience. Staff experience is not reduced, so a great opportunity to train healers and give Lys the experience she needs and deserves.

I had no real problem with chapter 5, unless it is maddening because of moving DK, but chapter 6 was bad for me because I did not know the gimmick of the boss and how to beat it. Even in normal it can oneshot some units. 

Edited by Zemuria

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Bernie one-shotting stuff pre-Assasin/Sniper doesn't sound right. Either she got crazy blessed for you or RNG screwed for me.

She's still in her beginner Class, and she's one of my blessed units yeah. However with her personal (+5 Atk when not full HP) and combat arts (Deadeye/Tempest Lance) she has like 36 atk xD