• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I feel like I should know her, but at the same time, I think she hasn't been seen anywhere else yet (asking this here, because I don't really want to get spoiled in case she is new to CS3).

We never saw her before CS3
BUT

Some Books you get in CS1/2 should hint towards who she is.

38 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Bernadetta's pathetic excuse for a father would like to say something from the back row.

If he was playable or somewhere in the game i would've sent him to Aillel myself <.<

I swear, Seteth is like the only good living Father in the whole series

Just now, Shrimperor said:

We never saw her before CS3
BUT

Some Books you get in CS1/2 should hint towards who she is.

The Black Records stuff? I never read through those, as they were New Game+ exclusive in CS2. Damn it!
Oh well, makes the eventual reveal (if there is one) all the more interesting, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I swear, Seteth is like the only good living Father in the whole series

I know, right? Every other good dad catches a bad case of Death, like Greil.

Speaking of: thoughts on the next remake being Tellius?

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

The Black Records stuff?

Nope! Black Records are important though and you totally should read them.

There's a story in CS1/2 that is very similiar to Tsukihime, is all i well say.

As much as i love Tellius...

I kinda wanted FE4 remake more next
but if it turns out to be true, i will be hyped, especially if they fix the issues i have with the game.

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Nope! Black Records are important though and you totally should read them.

There's a story in CS1/2 that is very similiar to Tsukihime, is all i well say.

I'll let that one be a surprise then. Another reason to keep playing, after all (because lord knows I need those right now).

As much as i love Tellius...

I kinda wanted FE4 remake more next
but if it turns out to be true, i will be hyped, especially if they fix the issues i have with the game.

I'd also rather get one of the as of yet Japanese exclusive games as a remake than one that already released here. I actually still have my copies of Tellius and a working Wii, so I can play them whenever.

Mangs posted a video where he speculates that Tellius might be the next game that gets the Echoes treatment, which is what came to mind earlier.

7 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'd also rather get one of the as of yet Japanese exclusive games as a remake than one that already released here. I actually still have my copies of Tellius and a working Wii, so I can play them whenever.

Mangs posted a video where he speculates that Tellius might be the next game that gets the Echoes treatment, which is what came to mind earlier.

Yeah. I saw it.

Honeslty, it kinda makes sense. Fodlan is like a love Child of Tellius and Jugdral. However, Jugdral remakes could face several troubles. If they change the gameplay too much, old fans will get angry, if they don't, the gameplay will stay a slog. And there's also the fact that Some stuff could get the game a M rating.

Meanwhile Tellius, the other of FE16's influencers, has a very popular protag (Ike), gameplay that can be modernized very easily, and shares the multipe point of views, themes and ideals clash that Three Houses had. 

All they need is fix and polish some stuff, Flesh out characters (especially newcomers to Radiant Dawn) and it could be come very popular, and the Ike vs. Micaiah wars 2.0 now involving newbies will make Edel vs. Dimitri look like a utopia xD

Edited by Shrimperor

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Yeah. I saw it.

Honeslty, it kinda makes sense. Fodlan is like a love Child of Tellius and Jugdral. However, Jugdral remakes could face several troubles. If they change the gameplay too much, old fans will get angry, if they don't, the gameplay will stay a slog. And there's also the fact that Some stuff could get the game a M rating.

Meanwhile Tellius, the other of FE16's influencers, has a very popular protag (Ike), gameplay that can be modernized very easily, and shares the multipe point of views, themes and ideals clash that Three Houses had. 

All they need is fix and polish some stuff, Flesh out characters (especially newcomers to Radiant Dawn) and it could be come very popular, and the Ike vs. Micaiah wars 2.0 now involving newbies will make Edel vs. Dimitri look like a utopia xD

That would not be pretty, to be sure.
And, like with the Edelgard and Dimitri wars, I'd be sitting on the sidelines saying "the heck's all y'all's problem? I like 'em both". XD

Edited by DragonFlames

Just now, DragonFlames said:

That would not be pretty, to be sure.

I am up for it. Popcorn time

giphy.gif

Atleast Ike and Micaiah had the common sense to team up at the end. Even if they are bitter enemies and have ideals on completely other side of the spectrum, they eventually come to an understanding.

I am up for it. Popcorn time

giphy.gif

Keep a seat free for me!

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Atleast Ike and Micaiah had the common sense to team up at the end. Even if they are bitter enemies and have ideals on completely other side of the spectrum, they eventually come to an understanding.

Difference is that Ike and Micaiah would probably never have come into conflict if it wasn't for the blood pact forcing Daein to submit to Lekain. Sure, she disliked him for being the one to force Daein on its knees, but it was never on such a level that she would go out of her way to kill him, like Dimitri does with Edelgard.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Who the heck is this lady?

She's new, don't worry

BTW, i saw your rant about that boss fight you just did and uh, i can't help you when it comes to the actual game part of Cold Steel 3. Like i've mentioned before, i saw a subbed playthrough and i purposely skipped the gameplay. So while i can help clairfy things from the story when they involve pre-Cold Steel stuff, you're on your own when it comes to the game itself.

Really? That's interesting.

I prefer it when my characters have established personalities. Let's put it this way: i think Byleth is a better avatar than Robin but i much prefer Robin's character over Byleth. Same deal with Rean. Rean's an actually established character so i prefer him over Byleth. Byleth has the cooler design tho.

The only exception is Link because while Link is silent, he's a reocurring character and he's developed little personality traits of the years.

23 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Apart from accessibility, i don't think the Tellius games are in any need of a remake right now. The worst part about them is that their battle animations are slower than a snail but tbh, i'd much rather see Binding Blade get a remake next. From a Western point of view, the cliffhanger at the end of Blazing Blade has never been resolved.

An FE4 remake also makes more sense than Tellius right now but i personally wouldn't want it because i despise FE4 and wish to see it burn in flames it's a way more unsafe thing to remake, as Shrimperor said.

Difference is that Ike and Micaiah would probably never have come into conflict if it wasn't for the blood pact forcing Daein to submit to Lekain.

And you mentioned the one thing i want changed. The whole Blood pact thing felt really cheap.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

i'd much rather see Binding Blade get a remake next

...only if they complety change and revamp the gameplay. I'd rather play FE4 again then one chapter of FE6

...only if they complety change and revamp the gameplay.

I don't know about "completely change" but the gameplay would definitly get revamped. Combat Arts would likely be a thing and FE6 already had Canto, they'd just need to tweak it a bit to make it more like FE4/Tellius/16 Canto.

Apart from that, i'd add indicators for the Gaiden requirements as a QoL thing. Other than that, there's not much that comes to mind that desperately needs a fix. Although Roy's promotion can be fixed by making it happen at the end of Ch.16 rather than 21/21x.

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She's new, don't worry

BTW, i saw your rant about that boss fight you just did and uh, i can't help you when it comes to the actual game part of Cold Steel 3. Like i've mentioned before, i saw a subbed playthrough and i purposely skipped the gameplay. So while i can help clairfy things from the story when they involve pre-Cold Steel stuff, you're on your own when it comes to the game itself.

It's fine. I'll try it again tomorrow, see if I can come up with some kind of strategery. 

I prefer it when my characters have established personalities. Let's put it this way: i think Byleth is a better avatar than Robin but i much prefer Robin's character over Byleth. Same deal with Rean. Rean's an actually established character so i prefer him over Byleth. Byleth has the cooler design tho.

That makes sense, I think.
This makes me wonder, have you played/seen Persona 5 before? Because Joker's a silent protagonist but he oozes personality. And I personally think Byleth is at least somewhat comparable to that.

Perhaps my acceptance for Byleth stems from the fact that I have played many games with silent protagonists before, in particular Atlus' games do a pretty good job with them.

Apart from accessibility, i don't think the Tellius games are in any need of a remake right now.

Agreed.

it's a way more unsafe thing to remake, as Shrimperor said.

Yeah, FE4 being the sacred cow of the fanbase at large makes any change, necessary however it may be, a very risky move.
I'd personally be fine with any remake, as long as they iron out some of the worse parts of the games they give the Echoes treatment.

i despise FE4 and wish to see it burn in flames

Sigurd Joke!

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And you mentioned the one thing i want changed. The whole Blood pact thing felt really cheap.

And how! That's the one thing I hated about Radiant Dawn's plot. 

Edited by DragonFlames

Remakes, huh.

As I said in other threads, there needs to be something akin to "Toggable Game Rules before you begin a playthrough". Mix and match the old and new.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Other than that, there's not much that comes to mind that desperately needs a fix.

Everything. 

And by everything, i mean everything.

Roy's weak ass. I hate carrying lords.

Maps are bleh, especially the x chapters.

Unit balance. Dear god, it has to be the worst in the series. It's just Marcus and Miledy.

Fix the damn hit rates. Having 50 hit while having WTA shouldn't be a thing.

Skills need to be there.

AMBUSH SPAWNS. Fuck them.

Map objectives.

tl;dr: how you feel about FE4 is how i feel about FE6 (and FE7, to a lesser degree.) I really hate those games. And they need to fix everything to make me interested in buying a remake

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Everything. 

And by everything, i mean everything.

Roy's weak ass. I hate carrying lords.

Maps are bleh, especially the x chapters.

Unit balance. Dear god, it has to be the worst in the series. It's just Marcus and Miledy.

Fix the damn hit rates. Having 50 hit while having WTA shouldn't be a thing.

Skills need to be there.

AMBUSH SPAWNS. Fuck them.

Map objectives.

tl;dr: how you feel about FE4 is how i feel about FE6 (and FE7, to a lesser degree.) I really hate those games. And they need to fix everything to make me interested in buying a remake

Shrimpz @ FE6 / Armagon @ FE4 / DragonFlames @ Fates:
QVribwk.jpg

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

This makes me wonder, have you played/seen Persona 5 before? Because Joker's a silent protagonist but he oozes personality. And I personally think Byleth is at least somewhat comparable to that.

I have not played Persona 5, however, I can see how much Joker has personality based on his Smash appearance alone. Although I will say with that much personality, Joker should've been an established character imo.

I suppose now is a good time to mention that the only Atlus game I have every played is Tokyo Mirage Sessions (that counts, right?)

When it comes to silent protagonists that aren't Link, I still think Cross from Xenoblade X is the best way to go since pretty much everything about Cross is customizable (even age is something you can customize, though it comes down to "yes I'm old enough to drink" or "no, I'm not old enough to drink"). He's not even the actual protagonist anyway, Elma is. Cross is more of just a character you make.

13 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Sigurd Joke!

Deadass that was unintentional lmao.

10 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Remakes, huh.

As I said in other threads, there needs to be something akin to "Toggable Game Rules before you begin a playthrough". Mix and match the old and new.

This only works if the game rules differ slightly. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D did this. Something like "Classic FE4" and "FE4 but it's more traditional" simply would not work because you're essentially making two games at once for that.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Can't deny facts xD

Indeed!
I didn't exaggerate, by the way. I do wish Fates was there in that explosion.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I have not played Persona 5, however, I can see how much Joker has personality based on his Smash appearance alone. Although I will say with that much personality, Joker should've been an established character imo.

That is what makes Joker so awesome: they get the balance between the silent protagonist and a character with personality just right with him. If Persona 5 ever gets a Switch port, I'd recommend you check it out. It's great!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

When it comes to silent protagonists that aren't Link, I still think Cross from Xenoblade X is the best way to go since pretty much everything about Cross is customizable (even age is something you can customize, though it comes down to "yes I'm old enough to drink" or "no, I'm not old enough to drink"). He's not even the actual protagonist anyway, Elma is. Cross is more of just a character you make.

Ooh, I like that way of going about it, too, from what I'm reading here. I sadly haven't played/seen many games where this is a possibility.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I suppose now is a good time to mention that the only Atlus game I have every played is Tokyo Mirage Sessions (that counts, right?)

Collaboration with IntSys or no, Atlus still worked on it, so I'd say it counts.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Deadass that was unintentional lmao.

Those are the best kinds of jokes, in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This only works if the game rules differ slightly. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D did this. Something like "Classic FE4" and "FE4 but it's more traditional" simply would not work because you're essentially making two games at once for that.

Effectively. When I mention "Game Rules", it's to basically mix and match.

It'd be a list, with things like:

Want Ambush Spawns? Y/N
Want re-positioning of initial units? Y/N
Want more specific dialogue in regards to unlock-able/secret stuff? Y/N
Want fatigue? Y/N

That sort of stuff. Chosen at game start... and can't be changed.

I was inspired by a game like Crusader Kings 2, which does something similar for its own game rules.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I didn't exaggerate, by the way. I do wish Fates was there in that explosion.

same with me and FE6/7. There's a reason why i consider the GBA Era a mistake xD

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
same with me and FE6/7. There's a reason why i consider the GBA Era a mistake xD

The GBA games are definitely a little on the overhyped side for me as well. Especially FE8 (the characters are poop for the most part).
I did beat FE6 once (with a crapton of cheats, because I wanted the True Ending)... and I haven't touched it since.

Shrimpz @ FE6 / Armagon @ FE4 / DragonFlames @ Fates / Mir @ FE4, FE5, and FE6:
QVribwk.jpg

There. That's much better.

Edited by Shadow Mir