The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

17 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm kidding. I actually agree with you. The map itself is pretty cool, but the dubstep is really annoying.

The biggest issue I have with that map are the Titanuses - they have a crapload of crit, making fighting them a case of Russian Roulette unless you have the Rafail Gem or Ochain Shield. Breaking their armor makes that a non-factor.

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

34 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Smash Bros. trouble?

Yeah, I just had to vent a little bit. Losing a lot online in Smash tends to make me angry. At least it's only online and not in tournament. In tournament, I take my losses respectably.

I take back everything I said. Trails of Cold Steel III is the best game ever. Why? Because it has freaking FERDINAND VON AEGIR in it!
3qMgqSZ.jpg

He's operating under a false identity, so Ouroboros' Left Buttcheek doesn't catch on to who he really is. Smart guy!

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

There's also the fact that some plot points may not feel as impactful to you since they involve pre-Cold Steel stuff, games you haven't played yet. Of course, i'll still clarify any things you might have questions on tho.

Right now, I can actually follow along pretty well with what's going on. The game does a pretty good job of catching up those who aren't "in the know", so to speak. I will give it that. I also think not knowing characters adds a bit of mystery to them. Like the "reveal" that Tita was connected to that one major company that was alluded to in the other Cold Steel games (I think it was called ZCF, or something) was a nice surprise for me, whereas players of the Sky trilogy probably already knew this and would say "yeah, I know. Stop making a big deal out of it".

I will also concede that I'm having lots of fun actually playing the game. And now that Ferdinand von Aegir is in it, I can't even complain about anything anymore.

9 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Glad i left that route for last, as it was definetly my favourite and the most satisfying route imo.

Same!

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

The biggest issue I have with that map are the Titanuses - they have a crapload of crit, making fighting them a case of Russian Roulette unless you have the Rafail Gem or Ochain Shield. Breaking their armor makes that a non-factor.

That, too. I hate that they endlessly respawn as soon as you open the boss room, until you kill one specific person that I completely forgot about on my last playthrough.

5 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I take back everything I said. Trails of Cold Steel III is the best game ever. Why? Because it has freaking FERDINAND VON AEGIR in it!

Holy shit, the resembelence is striking.

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

He's operating under a false identity, so Ouroboros' Left Buttcheek doesn't catch on to who he really is. Smart guy!

LMAO

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

The game does a pretty good job of catching up those who aren't "in the know", so to speak. I will give it that. I also think not knowing characters adds a bit of mystery to them. Like the "reveal" that Tita was connected to that one major company that was alluded to in the other Cold Steel games (I think it was called ZCF, or something) was a nice surprise for me, whereas players of the Sky trilogy probably already knew this and would say "yeah, I know. Stop making a big deal out of it".

Well that is an interesting way of looking at things. Although i wouldn't say Sky players reacted to "reveals" like that in that manner. Coming at it from the other perspective for example, while i know about stuff that happened in Sky and Crossbell, the Cold Steel characters don't so it's nice to see how they react to characters and events from those games.

I suppose there's two perspectives to be had here.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well that is an interesting way of looking at things. Although i wouldn't say Sky players reacted to "reveals" like that in that manner. Coming at it from the other perspective for example, while i know about stuff that happened in Sky and Crossbell, the Cold Steel characters don't so it's nice to see how they react to characters and events from those games.

I suppose there's two perspectives to be had here.

That's a fair point.
I do realize that certain characters returning will have more impact for people who already know them from the other games as opposed to myself, who has never even seen them (like Tita and Agate). But I think there is a certain something in not being aware of who they are and getting to know them that way. It's like when I played Atelier Lulua before its predecessors.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Holy shit, the resembelence is striking.

The Three Houses = Trails jokes were already going strong in here, so I knew I had to share this.

Edited by DragonFlames

Well, that was some FEH announcement.

Anyway, done with DQII. Making comparisons with the last time I played, I was a few levels higher this time around. Which made Malroth now just a nuisance instead of an annoyance. Or is it the other way around? Anyway, on to III... tomorrow, perhaps.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

You know, I am intrigued by that little cameo of hers in the FEH video.

Was that sprite animation just for the video, or, regardless of the CYL poll, a 3H banner with her academy self is imminent? I suppose if that's true, plus her brave alt as a CYL winner, means it is a good thing for her fans. Hmm...

---

Anyway, I can't believe I'm just finding this out; but turns out the Dragon Quest V movie is getting an overseas release after all. As a Netflix exclusive. Uh... yay?

Oh, you didn't saw the video? Though yeah, she made it in with the three lords. Though placed fifth overall in the poll (Marth, despite getting third on the men's side, still got more votes than her).

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The Three Houses = Trails jokes were already going strong in here, so I knew I had to share this.

Insert '' Trails... Better Trails'' Meme here xD

Anyway, time for my full thoughts

Well, what i can say? Verdant Wind was amazing all the way through. While i didn't like GD class as much as BL, the class is pretty damn cool! And Claude is undoublty and by far margin the best lord out of the 3, and one of my favs. FE wide if not my #1. 

Spoiler

Claude is the only one of the three who grows up to be a responsible leader. He is also someone i can relate to very much, and almost everything he says is right. And while he and Edel share ideals, he didn't just go start a war for funz. Some people argue he would've started for his ideals, but his actions and words speak otherwise. He would've atleast tried diplomacy first. That's more than what Edelgard even thought of. Edelgard's ''You're an outsider'' to Claude at the end actually pissed off quite a bit. What arrogance. Especially with how Claude being the only one who was able to uncover the whole truth.

His development is also pretty cool. From not trusting anyone at the start to his cheesy friendship line at the end. LOVED IT!

Claude also provide a nice contrast to her warmongering waifuness and his edgy kingliness. 

Also, Claude's friendship with Byleth felt the most natural imo.

As i sad before, VW is the only one to completely satisfy me, and imo the best ending. Very fitting i ended the game with it. Especially with that Final Boss^^

Honestly, i kinda consider this a true end somehow. Even if all ends are true and canon xD

My Complaints about this route are honestly pretty minor. Mainly the Edelgard cutscene which really didn't fit in that route like it did in SS. That's the only OOF i have with this route.

I would've also liked for Judith and Nader to be playable tbh.

With that:

Routes: Verdant Wind >> Crimson Flower > Silver Snow = Azure Moon

Lords: Claude > (Seteth) >>>>>>>>>>> Edelgard > Dimitri

Classes: Blue Lions > Golden Deers = Black Eagles.

Final thoughts about the game: I won't say much here. I really loved it. Well spent 270 Hours over 2 Months. My main gripe with the game is the map reuse tbh. And Maddening mode requiring you to grind like no other <.<

Final Score: 9/10

Tier List of Characters:

Mj5BAtm.png

Yup. The only Character i actively dislike is Gilbert. I liked to loved everyone else. Even Byleth i grew up to like, despite being a mute XD.

Now to wait for Ashen Wolves because i want more of the game. MORE!

Edited by Shrimperor

5 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Has Lys finally been announced in Heroes?

Anyways a little morning gift for all fans of her:

ULeAbLn.jpg

I graciously accept this gift.

3 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Insert '' Trails... Better Trails'' Meme here xD

It wouldn't be inaccurate, either.

Anyway, time for my full thoughts

Well, what i can say? Verdant Wind was amazing all the way through. While i didn't like GD class as much as BL, the class is pretty damn cool! And Claude is undoublty and by far margin the best lord out of the 3, and one of my favs. FE wide if not my #1. 

Reveal hidden contents

Claude is the only one of the three who grows up to be a responsible leader. He is also someone i can relate to very much, and almost everything he says is right. And while he and Edel share ideals, he didn't just go start a war for funz. Some people argue he would've started for his ideals, but his actions and words speak otherwise. He would've atleast tried diplomacy first. That's more than what Edelgard even thought of. Edelgard's ''You're an outsider'' to Claude at the end actually pissed off quite a bit. What arrogance. Especially with how Claude being the only one who was able to uncover the whole truth.

His development is also pretty cool. From not trusting anyone at the start to his cheesy friendship line at the end. LOVED IT!

Claude also provide a nice contrast to her warmongering waifuness and his edgy kingliness. 

Also, Claude's friendship with Byleth felt the most natural imo.

As i sad before, VW is the only one to completely satisfy me, and imo the best ending. Very fitting i ended the game with it. Especially with that Final Boss^^

Honestly, i kinda consider this a true end somehow. Even if all ends are true and canon xD

My Complaints about this route are honestly pretty minor. Mainly the Edelgard cutscene which really didn't fit in that route like it did in SS. That's the only OOF i have with this route.

With that:

Routes: Verdant Wind >> Crimson Flower > Silver Snow = Azure Moon

Lords: Claude > (Seteth) >>>>>>>>>>> Edelgard > Dimitri

Classes: Blue Lions > Golden Deers = Black Eagles.

Final thoughts about the game: I won't say much here. I really loved it. Well spent 270 Hours over 2 Months. My main gripe with the game is the map reuse tbh. And Maddening mode requiring you to grind like no other <.<

Final Score: 9/10

It's interesting to see how there is discussion about the game getting/needing a Golden End, when Verdant Wind comes pretty damn close to being one.
I definitely agree on it being the most satisfying ending, as well. It's certainly my favorite route, even with the Golden Deer being my least favorite house overall when it comes to characters (Lorenz, Ignatz, Raphael, and Leonie drag it down by quite a lot).
I think your feelings of "this is the true ending" come from the fact that Verdant Wind is the only route that reveals the truth behind everything and gives proper closure to nearly every character, as in, every major character gets the ending that makes the most narrative sense for them.

Tier List of Characters:

Mj5BAtm.png

From this list I deduce that your Verdant Wind S-support was most likely a certain white-haired girl.

Even Byleth i grew up to like, despite being a mute XD.

Byleth > Rean (although I don't hate Rean, actually)

The Etrian Odyssey Untold games and Persona 5 already had a "Byleth" of their own and it worked really, so this was one of those things I wish FE did for its Avatar characters, as well. And I got my wish with Byleth, hence why I liked them from the beginning.

1 hour ago, Falcom Knight said:

Rean is a rather "silent" protagonist too (regarding speaking outside of battle).

Yeah, they didn't give his fantastic voice actor that many opportunities to shine, which is a bit of a shame.

1 hour ago, Falcom Knight said:

RS69kUJ.jpg

Sylvain's twin sibling

Oh jeez, I already wasn't a fan of this guy...

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I think the reason Byleth works, unlike Rean, is that he dual protag with the lord of the route, who are the real protags.

If Rean had someone to play off of him, he would be much more bearable, and i have no doubt i would've hated Byleth if he was sole protag.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

they didn't give his fantastic voice actor that many opportunities to shine

His VA is 10/10. He did some 10/10 parody lines that one time

https://www.dropbox.com/s/burdb6di41sw2ay/JusisIsBest.mp3

10/10

Plumeria literally just said "i give people horny dreams" and 20.8k people voted for her, enough to make it into the top 10 and over Dorothea, Marianne, Anna and Hilda.

EPxvEKoX4AInctf?format=jpg&name=small

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Same. Along with Randolph, Ladislava and Fleche in Crimson Flower, since that route has the least number of playables (even if Jeritza now mitigates that a bit).

7 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

Tier List of Characters:

Mj5BAtm.png

Yup. The only Character i actively dislike is Gilbert. I liked to loved everyone else. Even Byleth i grew up to like, despite being a mute XD.

Is this ordered? Also RIP Gilbert lmao.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ngl, i actually prefer Rean over Byleth. 

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Rean is a rather "silent" protagonist too (regarding speaking outside of battle).

What? Rean isn't even close to being a silent protagonist.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Is this ordered?

Nah, not really.

I mean, some of them are. Like, i like Dudududu and Cathrine the least for example, while i like Claude, Seteth and Flayn the most.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Also RIP Gilbert lmao.

Worst Dad

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Worst Dad

Indeed though that's not what's really bad about him. I just didn't care for Gilbert to begin with.

I'd also throw Cyril down there because Cyril is just Pit but like, not funny.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'd also throw Cyril down there because Cyril is just Pit but like, not funny.

I really really liked Cyril's supports. They flesh him out and make him much more than Rhea's boy Servant.

Especially Hilda, Seteth, Claude and Lys supports.

Speaking about the Pit comparison

https://old.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/exlti6/rheas_guidance/

Edited by Shrimperor

Who the heck is this lady?

wr3ICn5.jpg
B08d44G.jpg

I feel like I should know her, but at the same time, I think she hasn't been seen anywhere else yet (asking this here, because I don't really want to get spoiled in case she is new to CS3).

Also, you know what's fun? Returning to your camp for the day after three fairly tough boss battles, only for Duvalie the Sumia-voice and Shirley the Red Something-or-other (these nicknames are getting REALLY annoying now) to decide "Hey, why don't we ambush these guys with those same bosses they fought before only this time they're even stronger?" and have you go through another row of bosses, one of which has you fight against two enemies that have plenty of powerful AOE attacks WITH added status ailments that two-shot your guys, meaning your healing stuff is practically useless, you barely have healing items because the game is super stingy about money, healing and every other kind of spells need a turn to charge (who the f*** thought this was a good idea? For the record: I didn't like this in the first two games, either) and usually put you behind an enemy in the turn order, meaning when your healing spell actually comes through, the person you're using it on is already dead, making you waste a revival item on them. And when they revive, they can't act immediately, so chances are you revive them only for them to get killed again immediately afterwards, because the reviving stuff only heals you for about 800HP a pop, which those bosses have no trouble taking off of you. Yay!

I swear if the plot wasn't getting halfway intriguing at this point (about f***ing time after 15 hours of... well, miandering), I'd have dropped this thing right then and there.

4 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I think the reason Byleth works, unlike Rean, is that he dual protag with the lord of the route, who are the real protags.

If Rean had someone to play off of him, he would be much more bearable, and i have no doubt i would've hated Byleth if he was sole protag.

CS3 kind of does that with Altina. Kind of.

His VA is 10/10. He did some 10/10 parody lines that one time

https://www.dropbox.com/s/burdb6di41sw2ay/JusisIsBest.mp3

10/10

LMAO

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Ngl, i actually prefer Rean over Byleth.

Really? That's interesting.
As I said, I don't hate him or anything, I just like Byleth more.
Though nobody will ever come close to Neptune, of course.

Worst Dad

Bernadetta's pathetic excuse for a father would like to say something from the back row.
But yeah, Gilbert's a pretty shitty parent, I agree.