• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

If Persona 5 ever gets a Switch port, I'd recommend you check it out. It's great!

Persona 5 Scramble

Man, i really do want to play Persona 5 but Atlus insists on never putting their mainline Persona games on Nintendo (being rated M means nothing when the Bayonetta series and The Witcher 3 are on Switch).

I suppose i could watch a playthrough like i did with CS3 and 4. 

I could watch the anime but only if i'm desperate.

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ooh, I like that way of going about it, too, from what I'm reading here. I sadly haven't played/seen many games where this is a possibility.

Same. Not counting MMOs (cuz duh), i don't think i've seen any games with Xenoblade X-tier of avatar customization.

But for real, you could get wild with what you want Cross to look like (spoilered for large images)

Spoiler

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01vqo4v.jpg

cVtLSoi.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_011wspy.jpg

Eiv7s4x.jpg

And this was just what i could find, i haven't even scratched the surface

Add in the various armor options (and the Fashion Armor slot, which allows you to retain the looks of an outfit while gaining the stats of another) along with the various classes and weapons you can use and you've got one very solid avatar customization mechanic: Unfortnuately, the Western version did lose out on one specific customization option: the breast slider. Yes, the Japanese version of Xenoblade X even went as far as to allow players to customize the breast size of the female avatar.

Aaaaaaaaaand now i'm sad again because i'm talking about the one Xeno game that i still haven't gotten to play because it's trapped in Wii U purgatory.

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

After playing the three Xenosaga games again. I always wonder why Shion has a different VA in 2. I like her 1&3 voice much more. It's much more fitting for her.

From what i can find, there was no particular reason other than unfortunate licensing situations. Looks like they just couldn't get the VAs for Episode II. 

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Aaaaaaaaaand now i'm sad again because i'm talking about the one Xeno game that i still haven't gotten to play because it's trapped in Wii U purgatory.

The day it gets a Switch port, I'll be the one sad. IT's the only thing I still have that hasn't been ported yet.

It's alright. My Wii U ended up being more to play past console games than Wii U games themselves. Was still one year's full worth of saving up, pft...

Peanuts, yum. I had a peanut butter milkshake from Five Guys'; sweet, drinkable peanut butter pie-esque deliciousness. I need this more often.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Add in the various armor options (and the Fashion Armor slot, which allows you to retain the looks of an outfit while gaining the stats of another) along with the various classes and weapons you can use and you've got one very solid avatar customization

If only they added "Fashion Weapons" in XCX2, that be great. Because, what if I'm at level 60 and don't want a red-colored weapon? Or what if I want a Gatling Gun, and I want mine to be Thermal b/c Thermal is the Attribute slightly more suited to GGs, but I don't want a giant Nopon-ish flower? Being able to fashion any weapon that belongs the type of what you're actually using would be great (so only other Longswords can fashion over an equipped Longsword). I still can't forget the person on another message board who said that for some reason they liked the idea of using a Thermal Raygun, but couldn't bring themselves to do so b/c the only option looked... overcompensatory. 

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I do appreciate the customizability, even if I went no further than a silly face tatoo and green hair.

Technically, the outlandish customization options shouldn't exist b/c mimeosomes as a strict rule are supposed to resemble your real body. The ability to change your mim mid-game is provided by a shady guy who illicitly acquired a pod to do so and only lets you do it late at night without any allies alongside Cross. Never mind this thin excuse- for why you can halfway into the game go from being an ordinary human to a pink-haired green clown of the opposite sex- fails when nobody reacts to you like they should. But, this is a gameplay-story/world segregation I don't mind one bit.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer @lightcosmo so when it comes to learning new skills in TMS when all the skill slots are being used, does replacing a skill/forfiting the new one yeet it to the void forever or is it like Pokemon where i can relearn them later through some means?

I think it's after Chapter 2 (or, no later than 3) that you unlock the ability to infinitely reforge Carnages and thus relearn everything from old ones if you want to. The only price is the obtaining the materials again and then doing some more battles to remaster the skills.

A reforged Carnage gets a tiny bit of extra Atk too, albeit after the 10th reforging, the tiny cumulative Atk boost is no longer certain. but random. Still, if you reaaaaaaaaaaaaly loved a particular Carnage visually and you invested a lot of time into getting Performas, you could probably make it endgame-worthy in Atk. But you'd have to be a nut to this.

Reforging Carnages and going through them a second time lets you nab a fifth skill that you couldn't the first time around. Not of all of these fifths are unique, you may find them easier to get off another Carnage which has it without the need to reforge. But a few skills are only obtained via reforging.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Finally! Went with the quintessential party: a warrior, a mage, and a priest. Because I can be a sucker for the classics.

I know how... lopsided DQ can get with equipment draws; but I'm not going with an all female party for this. That's best exploited in either the SFC or GBC versions, which have all the bonus stuff. Mobile... doesn't. Oh well...

Alright, time to... *looks at the time* well, maybe it will have to be for tomorrow...

Aaand CS3 finally came around for me. Holy crap, this game went from 0 to 100. Now it's getting gooooood!
I also visited this place with a rather gut-punching backstory:

tsx9TNP.jpg

Also, can I just say that I absolutely LOVE Agate's character? The guy's awesome. And he wins the award for the by and large best-looking S-Craft I have seen so far in this series. Damn, that thing is badass! "DRAGON FALL!!!"

Here are more funnies I found:
eJhzrzI.jpg
0nv3mQy.jpg
10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Persona 5 Scramble

Man, i really do want to play Persona 5 but Atlus insists on never putting their mainline Persona games on Nintendo (being rated M means nothing when the Bayonetta series and The Witcher 3 are on Switch).

I suppose i could watch a playthrough like i did with CS3 and 4. 

I could watch the anime but only if i'm desperate.

Same. Not counting MMOs (cuz duh), i don't think i've seen any games with Xenoblade X-tier of avatar customization.

But for real, you could get wild with what you want Cross to look like (spoilered for large images)

Reveal hidden contents

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01vqo4v.jpg

cVtLSoi.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_011wspy.jpg

Eiv7s4x.jpg

Add in the various armor options (and the Fashion Armor slot, which allows you to retain the looks of an outfit while gaining the stats of another) along with the various classes and weapons you can use and you've got one very solid avatar customization mechanic: Unfortnuately, the Western version did lose out on one specific customization option: the breast slider. Yes, the Japanese version of Xenoblade X even went as far as to allow players to customize the breast size of the female avatar.

If you can, watch the game. The anime isn't exactly representative of how godlike the gameplay is.

Those created characters look awesome!

Sorry for making you sad.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

From what i can find, there was no particular reason other than unfortunate licensing situations. Looks like they just couldn't get the VAs for Episode II. 

I thought the others were the same, except KOS-MOS, of course.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

@Interdimensional Observer @lightcosmo so when it comes to learning new skills in TMS when all the skill slots are being used, does replacing a skill/forfiting the new one yeet it to the void forever or is it like Pokemon where i can relearn them later through some means?

You have to relearn it from a weapon again if you want the skill back.

On the topic of Xenoblade X: I would also like to see it ported as it's the only game on my Wii U left that isn't already on switch. And if it's something that game needs, it's better load times.

Edited by lightcosmo

FE6 is a great game, y'all tripping. Rean is at his current best in CS3, I hope CS4 doesn't flop there (though from what little I know of it, I don't like). 

Got back into my blind Thracia run recently. This game is actually low-key amazing, hot diggidy dog. Asbel and Fergus. ❤️

Edited by DodgeDusk

1 minute ago, DodgeDusk said:

Rean is at his current best in CS3

Love how he's on the receiving end of his trademark motivational cheese speeches half the time. XD
And yeah, he's starting to grow on me a little more, I'll admit. Though as I mentioned before, I wasn't exactly one of his biggest naysayers in the first place.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If only they added "Fashion Weapons" in XCX2, that be great.

This idea, along with Fashion Armor, is something i'd like to see in XenoblaDE as well. Because some weapons look cool but aren't that great stat-wise. This was at it's worst in Xenoblade 2 because i really like the look of most of the Blades' weapons but apart from one endgame chip, chips change the look of the weapon into something more generic looking.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think it's after Chapter 2 (or, no later than 3) that you unlock the ability to infinitely reforge Carnages and thus relearn everything from old ones if you want to. The only price is the obtaining the materials again and then doing some more battles to remaster the skills.

Alright, though it is kinda a bummer that you have to go through the whole mastery process again. Especially since the amount of skill slots you get feels a bit....small. And to be clear, there's no way to increase the number of slots there are, right?

Unrelated but i just completed Ch.2. Had to lower the difficulty for the Gangrel fight to easy because everyone except Itsuki had weakness to something in this fight. It was the most i've gotten hit by enemy Session Attacks so far in this game. Of course, i reverted it back to hard after the fight.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Aaand CS3 finally came around for me. Holy crap, this game went from 0 to 100. Now it's getting gooooood!
I also visited this place with a rather gut-punching backstory:

About that place

Spoiler

It could be argued that the Tragedy of Hamel kickstarted the entire storyline. A lot of the things that happened in the series could be traced back to this event. Btw, if you're curious as to who the two survivors of the tragedy were, it was Joshua (one of the main protagonists of Sky) and Loewe (one of Sky's main antagonists and one of the few actually good antagonists in this series). Though, as you can tell from the grave, Loewe is no longer alive.

Also a bit of trivia, the theme that plays while you're in Hamel is a somber rendition of the the main theme used throughout the Sky trilogy, further highlighting it's importance to that arc.

16 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I thought the others were the same, except KOS-MOS, of course.

I think some were changed, but not all.

9 minutes ago, DodgeDusk said:

I hope CS4 doesn't flop there (though from what little I know of it, I don't like)

From what i remember of CS4, Rean is fine in that. Not as good as he is in CS3 but it's not like, a negative. I think it's just a side-effect of CS4 being "EVERYONE IS HERE".

Just now, Armagon said:

About that place

Reveal hidden contents

It could be argued that the Tragedy of Hamel kickstarted the entire storyline. A lot of the things that happened in the series could be traced back to this event. Btw, if you're curious as to who the two survivors of the tragedy were, it was Joshua (one of the main protagonists of Sky) and Loewe (one of Sky's main antagonists and one of the few actually good antagonists in this series). Though, as you can tell from the grave, Loewe is no longer alive.

Also a bit of trivia, the theme that plays while you're in Hamel is a somber rendition of the the main theme used throughout the Sky trilogy, further highlighting it's importance to that arc.

Thanks for the trivia!

Agate actually mentioned the names of the survivors in his explanation of what happened. From what I gathered, Loewe became an Ouroboros Enforcer, who got killed sometime in the past and was buried there, hence why Duvalie and Shirley were there to mourn him and allowed Rean and Co. to do the same - that scene actually managed to make Duvalie and to a lesser extent Shirley come across as sympathetic, which I like. The boss fight against the two that followed had a lot of weight to it due to that. Just wished the battle theme was a bit better.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

From what i remember of CS4, Rean is fine in that. Not as good as he is in CS3 but it's not like, a negative. I think it's just a side-effect of CS4 being "EVERYONE IS HERE".

I'm interested in how they'll manage that, actually.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Unrelated but i just completed Ch.2. Had to lower the difficulty for the Gangrel fight to easy because everyone except Itsuki had weakness to something in this fight. It was the most i've gotten hit by enemy Session Attacks so far in this game. Of course, i reverted it back to hard after the fight.

About that place

Reveal hidden contents

I think some were changed, but not all.

Yeah, that game's fights can get pretty brutal, depending on your setup, of course. The game really wants you to switch in the right members for the right fight, or it's going to be hard.

Hmmm, you might be right on the VA's, now i'm not sure. One thing for sure, 2 is for sure the worst voicing to me.

18 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Alright, though it is kinda a bummer that you have to go through the whole mastery process again. Especially since the amount of skill slots you get feels a bit....small. And to be clear, there's no way to increase the number of slots there are, right?

Everyone at certain Stage Ranks get one additional slot for each type of skill. 12 is universally the rank for the extra Command, 12 out of 20 max, and that is the earliest they come. But that is it for slot expansion.

A small tip would be to leave "-kajas", the temporary stat buffing skills, out of your selection. You can buy consumable stones with the same effect. Debuffing "-kundas" or Fang Breaker/Shellsplitter/Hamstring, do not have a consumable item equivalent, so they're more worth keeping.

53 minutes ago, Armagon said:

No worries on that. Gangrel was brutal for me on my first run, and for my Lunatic file, I think a little luck was involved in me not losing even once. Gangrel is just one of the harder bosses.

56 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This idea, along with Fashion Armor, is something i'd like to see in XenoblaDE as well. Because some weapons look cool but aren't that great stat-wise. This was at it's worst in Xenoblade 2 because i really like the look of most of the Blades' weapons but apart from one endgame chip, chips change the look of the weapon into something more generic looking.

Thank you for reminding me that the Dogma and Saga were not all that intelligently given only two Gem slots when everything else has three. Dunban's lightsaber-like anti-Mechon weapons were memorable too.

Blade Core Chips in XC2 I don't remember that much visually, never really noticed the differences in practice. Maybe it has something to do with XC2 only having 2D artwork in its menus, while 1 & X show off the 3D models of everyone.

Doctor adviced me to do a stomach reflection. 

I really do not want to know what will be diagnosed. 

This year has been disastrous for me so far. 

*cries*

On 2/2/2020 at 4:14 PM, DragonFlames said:

Oh jeez, I already wasn't a fan of this guy...

Huh, you do not like Lechter? 

But yeah, you have to play Sky 3rd, Crossbell series or Cold Steel 3 to get to know more about him. 

Only his first impression might be not great. 

He's one of the coolest guys of Zemuria for me. 

On 2/2/2020 at 4:48 PM, Armagon said:

What? Rean isn't even close to being a silent protagonist.

In Cold Steel 1I almost though it was an accident that in conversations everyone but him was voiced. I do not even know why he did not speak. 

Apart from accessibility, i don't think the Tellius games are in any need of a remake right now.

They are absolute fine as they are. 

Only maniac mode in FE9 is needed since this game is too easy for me.

Edited by Falcom Knight

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Love how he's on the receiving end of his trademark motivational cheese speeches half the time. XD
And yeah, he's starting to grow on me a little more, I'll admit. Though as I mentioned before, I wasn't exactly one of his biggest naysayers in the first place.

I found him tolerable in CS1, annoying in CS2 (though it's my least favourite Trails game, the events that happen in the game frustrate me), and amazing in CS3. He's no Estelle or Kevin or even Lloyd, but him teaching is great.

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Doctor adviced me to do a stomach reflection. 

I really do not want to know what will be diagnosed. 

This year has been disastrous for me so far. 

*cries*

Hope everything goes well for you from here!

2 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

Not really, no. He's a bit too suspicious for my liking.

2 hours ago, DodgeDusk said:

I found him tolerable in CS1, annoying in CS2 (though it's my least favourite Trails game, the events that happen in the game frustrate me), and amazing in CS3. He's no Estelle or Kevin or even Lloyd, but him teaching is great.

Yeah, CS2 wasn't great. It's my main reason I am/was so skeptical of CS3 initially. But luckily, the plot has finally gotten to the interesting parts and I am very much looking forward to play more of it.

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd say, so far, III's has to have my most favorite of the random battle BGM of the series so far...

One of my major criticisms of this game so far is actually the soundtrack. It's not bad in a vacuum, not by a long shot, but it's weaker than either of its predecessors'.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

One of my major criticisms of this game so far is actually the soundtrack. It's not bad in a vacuum, not by a long shot, but it's weaker than either of its predecessors'.

Uh, we talking of the same series here? I'm currently playing Dragon Quest III, by the way.

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Uh, we talking of the same series here? I'm currently playing Dragon Quest III, by the way.

Oops!
I was under the impression you meant Trails of Cold Steel III (damn you, context!). Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Edited by DragonFlames

IMG_20200203_145317.jpg?width=405&height

What the fuck

Yes this is real. We got an official Death Note oneshot in the year of our Lord 2020 where Donald Trump gets the Death Note.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thanks for the trivia!

Agate actually mentioned the names of the survivors in his explanation of what happened. From what I gathered, Loewe became an Ouroboros Enforcer, who got killed sometime in the past and was buried there, hence why Duvalie and Shirley were there to mourn him and allowed Rean and Co. to do the same - that scene actually managed to make Duvalie and to a lesser extent Shirley come across as sympathetic, which I like. The boss fight against the two that followed had a lot of weight to it due to that. Just wished the battle theme was a bit better.

Spoiler

Oh i actually didn't remember that Agate mentioned their names. 

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I'm interested in how they'll manage that, actually.

In short.....could've been done better. Like, it's cool that you have all these returning characters from previous games but it kinda feels more like fanservice than actually something that matters to the plot. That said, some of the returning characters do get closure to stuff that was setup in previous games, which reminds me, before you play CS4 (it's localization is inevitable), you really, really do want to play all the games before it. Not only does CS4 wrap up the Cold Steel arc, it wraps up pretty much every plot point that was setup all the way back in Trails in the Sky the 3rd as well as plot points that were setup in the Crossbell games (the only ones that aren't wrapped up are stuff that seems to be a setup for the eventual Calvard Republic arc).

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A small tip would be to leave "-kajas", the temporary stat buffing skills, out of your selection. You can buy consumable stones with the same effect. Debuffing "-kundas" or Fang Breaker/Shellsplitter/Hamstring, do not have a consumable item equivalent, so they're more worth keeping.

I see. I actually did mix up a "kaja" and a "kunda" the first time. I ended up debuffing the enemy's defense instead of raising my own, which i mean, we take those.

I actually knew the buffing skills had item equivalents, i just never bought them. Though i probably should, getting money is mad easy in this game. It's just funny that Ituski's already got several thousand yen in his bank account simply for fighting some ghosts.

4 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

But yeah, you have to play Sky 3rd, Crossbell series or Cold Steel 3 to get to know more about him. 

Only his first impression might be not great. 

He's one of the coolest guys of Zemuria for me.

Lechter just feels like Zemuria's resident shitposter and that's why he's great imo.

4 hours ago, Falcom Knight said:

In Cold Steel 1I almost though it was an accident that in conversations everyone but him was voiced. I do not even know why he did not speak. 

Did you uh, play the PSVita version by any chance? Because i played the PC version and he absolutely is voiced. I ask because the Vita version is considered inferior due to just lacking a lot of voice lines.

Edited by Armagon