The Last To Post Wins!

Darros

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can't say the name since spoilers but the main villain of Zero is definitly the worst in the series. The twist comes out of literally nowhere and he's just a somehow worse version of Wiessman.

Does it have something to do with the Azure Tree thing that appeared in Crossbell during CS2? Or with that president guy Lloyd and his crew apprehended according to Juna in CS3?

All we got was that all the Plans will eventually culminate into the "Orpheus Final Phase", whatever the fuck that is. I'd say it sounds ominous but we literally don't know what it's supposed to be.

Oof.
Well, then I only have one thing left to do in regards to Ouroboros' credibility as villains:
RvyFeUR.jpg
Yes, I used this as an excuse to post this wonderful reaction image.

We all know that Blueblanc at least is doing it for the shits and giggles.

At least one of them is having fun with this whole thing.

---

The chips are down, we are fighting the strongest enemy we had (apparently), their powerful flunkies, our friend is trapped in a magical cage, our trump card pinned against the wall, protagonist needs to unleash his secret power that can backfire due to them having no control over it. We have no outside help this time. The stakes couldn't be any higher than they are...
And then Musse says this:

nA3ZRCS.jpg

Way to kill the mood, girl! XD

Edited by DragonFlames

• Replies 180k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ZemZem

• Breezy Kanzaki

• Ein

• Caster

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Reveal hidden contents

Does it have something to do with the Azure Tree thing that appeared in Crossbell during CS2? Or with that president guy Lloyd and his crew apprehended according to Juna in CS3?

Nah. Well, not directly. The main villains of Azure (minus the Ouroborous folks that show up) actually are pretty good tho.

8 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oof.
Well, then I only have one thing left to do:
RvyFeUR.jpg
Yes, I used this as an excuse to post this wonderful reaction image.

LMAOOOOOOO, i forgot Ash flips you off. That's hilarious.

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nah. Well, not directly. The main villains of Azure (minus the Ouroborous folks that show up) actually are pretty good tho.

Ah, I see.
Then CS3 just ignored the existence of that other villain you mentioned. Which might be for the best.

LMAOOOOOOO, i forgot Ash flips you off. That's hilarious.

When I saw that, I legitimately did a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things and then said "yep, I need to screencap THIS one!". XD

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Trails of Cold Steel boss fights in a nutshell:

Reminds me of something that happens on Jude's side in Tales of Xillia; you CAN defeat the Girl in Red (Agria) when it's just Jude alone, but the scene afterwards is no different than if you'd lost, with Jude cowering as she's about to kill him while Agria laughs, and Milla ultimately has to bail him out. I mean, come on, game. At least make my effort worth it. Or Lufia 2, where you can defeat Gades, one of the Sinistrals, the first time you see him (probably not on your first run, though!), and you get a sweet item for the trouble... then he just kicks your ass in a cutscene anyway. Damn it game, at least let me enjoy my win..

Edited by Shadow Mir

5 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Reminds me of something that happens on Jude's side in Tales of Xillia; you CAN defeat the Girl in Red (Agria) when it's just Jude alone, but the scene afterwards is no different than if you'd lost, with Jude cowering as she's about to kill him while Agria laughs, and Milla ultimately has to bail him out. I mean, come on, game. At least make my effort worth it.

The difference is that in Trails, most of the time you actually HAVE to win the boss fights to proceed in the story and the game still treats it as if you stood no chance whatsoever.
In that boss fight you mentioned against Agria, you can lose and not get a game over from it. If I remember correctly, winning that particular boss fight is very, VEEEERY hard on a first playthrough, since Jude is all on his own and leveling up isn't very easy in that game.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Play Trails in the Sky please xD

I will once I get my hands on a PSP emulator (or whatever else Sky was released on) for Linux and the rom, because I am lacking both the system AND the game. Sky SC has a port on the PSVita, but I doubt it'll do much for me to only play the second part and not the other two.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

I will once I get my hands on a PSP emulator (or whatever else Sky was released on) for Linux and the rom, because I am lacking both the system AND the game. Sky SC has a port on the PSVita, but I doubt it'll do much for me to only play the second part and not the other two.

You can play em on PC btw, even on a toaster. And they are available DRM free, too, iirc

Just now, DragonFlames said:

All three are on Steam. Though if you have Linux maybe...

Just now, DragonFlames said:

It's on Steam, you know. The game isn't like, that demanding either (it's a 2006 game), so it should work.

There's a PSP emulator for smartphones as well. Well, Android at least. 

If you do emulate the PSP versions, just FYI, Sky SC has two discs so you'd have to download the roms to both. And the PSP version of Sky 3rd was never localized so you're limited to PC on that.

Say, once I'm done with my DQ marathon, maybe I'll actually play Sky FC.

It's the only one I have (too much Trails talk in FE4T it got me too much curious about it); but if I do end up enjoying it, might as well later buy SC and so on...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

As far as Steam is concerned... eh. Not much of a fan of subscription-based stuff. As in, I'm not using those on principle.
And when I remember the hassle of getting Thracia 776 to work with Linux...
I think I'll watch a playthrough or something instead, actually. Saves me a lot of trouble.

But thanks for informing me that emulating it isn't the only option, guys!
Maybe they'll remaster it one of these days, like they apparently will with the Crossbell games (definitely gonna get that when it releases, maybe even on Switch).

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As far as Steam is concerned... eh. Not much of a fan of subscription-based stuff. As in, I'm not using those on principle.

Wait, how is Steam subscription-based? All it is is a storefront. It's if like the Nintendo eShop or the PlayStation Stores were it's own thing. You still own the games you buy.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Maybe they'll remaster it one of these days, like they apparently will with the Crossbell games (definitely gonna get that when it releases, maybe even on Switch).

Well we better pray Crossbell Kai gets localized first haha. That's the important part.

12 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Not much of a fan of subscription-based stuff.

Steam isn't a subscription service though

anyway, even if you don't want steam, you can get the games on GoG and humble bundle, DRM free, ie you can download and copy them over wherever you want

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Wait, how is Steam subscription-based? All it is is a storefront. It's if like the Nintendo eShop or the PlayStation Stores were it's own thing. You still own the games you buy.

As far as I know, you have to pay a monthly subscription on Steam to use it. Is that not true?

EDIT: It isn't. Huh. My mistake!

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well we better pray Crossbell Kai gets localized first haha. That's the important part.

I think there's little doubt that it will. JRPGs definitely get a better rep now thanks to Persona 5 and perhaps Three Houses, so I believe that localizers will see the money flowing already.

Edited by DragonFlames

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

As far as I know, you have to pay a monthly subscription on Steam to use it. Is that not true?

If that was the case, the PC gaming community would be on fire.

Like, literal fire.

Valve tried to do payed mods once...

backed down very fast xD

Just now, Shrimperor said:

If that was the case, the PC gaming community would be on fire.

Like, literal fire.

I can imagine that happening, yeah. XD

Now the issue is whether or not one could get the game running on Linux. I did some research and it seems like the only way to do it is through a program called Wine and several hoops and jumps, because Japanese games tend to not support Linux, even ones bought on Steam. And even then it's not entirely guaranteed to work.

Jumping through hoops or reinstalling Windows (something I'd never do even if you held a gun to my head) just to maybe play three games is a bit much, to be honest. Maybe that's just me.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

The difference is that in Trails, most of the time you actually HAVE to win the boss fights to proceed in the story and the game still treats it as if you stood no chance whatsoever.
In that boss fight you mentioned against Agria, you can lose and not get a game over from it. If I remember correctly, winning that particular boss fight is very, VEEEERY hard on a first playthrough, since Jude is all on his own and leveling up isn't very easy in that game.

Good point. Nonetheless, I think "win the battle, lose the cutscene" is a load of crap. It feels like this (pay attention to Sal):

Edited by Shadow Mir

On the subject of my marathon, I'm off to fight Robbin' 'Ood again...

And now I have the Words of Wisdom. Outside changing my Wizard and Priest into Sages, I'm actually not going to do much class-changing. I know how exploitative can get... so at least, I'm not doing that until post-game.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Finally, got the ship. Despite so, there is enough NPC dialogue to chart a course of places to visit. Pft, and they say games never tell you where to go next... well, if it's said that.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I think there's little doubt that it will. JRPGs definitely get a better rep now thanks to Persona 5 and perhaps Three Houses, so I believe that localizers will see the money flowing already.

Persona 5 and Three Houses don't have anything to do with it tbh. Persona 5 is popular, yes, but it's not like it revived the JRPG genre. JRPGs were doing fine with Persona 5. Also Falcom owns neither Persona 5 or Three Houses so their successes shouldn't be used as a reason as to why Trails games would get localized.

In the case of localizing more niche games (such as Trails), whether or not they do usually falls onto the publisher. Kinda like how Koei Tecmo is responsible for localizing Atelier games. I do think Crossbell Kai will get localized eventually but it's worth noting that Trails localization history is.....weird. Sky FC and SC on the PSP were localized in the early 2010s. The West didn't get Sky 3rd until like, 2017, which is a big time gap. The Cold Steel games did get steady localizations, likely due to being "newer" games. But then there's the whole thing with Xseed no longer localizing the games anymore. Now it's NISA. And NISA probably will localize Cold Steel 4 and again, i can see them localizing Crossbell Kai. My "it has to get localized first" was honestly a bit more of a jab at Trails' wack localization history. At they very least though, we won't be getting worldwide simultanous releases (which we should, it's 2020).

6 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Now the issue is whether or not one could get the game running on Linux. I did some research and it seems like the only way to do it is through a program called Wine and several hoops and jumps, because Japanese games tend to not support Linux, even ones bought on Steam. And even then it's not entirely guaranteed to work.

Jumping through hoops or reinstalling Windows (something I'd never do even if you held a gun to my head) just to maybe play three games is a bit much, to be honest. Maybe that's just me.

Nah, if i had to do that much just to play a game, i'd just watch a playthrough.